Thread: Taxis & Remis Services

+ Submit Report
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Moon Shine

Recently I used Ana Luna to pick me up at the airport. I called her at 5:30pm, for a pick up at 03:05am the next day! A bastard trick, but she was happy and willing to pick me up.

Ana was there promptly, got me to my (temporary) hotel without incident and gave me such a good briefing in the car that I asked her to give me a city tour the next day for three hours. Well, it turned into six hours and was superb. Worth every peso - and the burning question is "Who does Ana not know in BsAs"?

Ana even got me into an apartment, at half the price of the hotel the next day!

She also kindly invited me to join her family at a local show - "Mas la Differente" with Florencia de la V, a well known BA transvestite. The show started at 11:30pm - take note America! Great show - and recommended for the dancers and the naked bits. (Er, Spanish language capability does help.) Repaid her with dinner that finished at 02:45am! (BTW - she has a really nice family.

She is probably $15 (pesos) more than a street taxi from the airport - but for reliability, knowledge, information, and gezelig you cannot beat her service. Use her if you have little time on the ground, preparation time or just want a really good, (and good-looking) driver. Outstanding - and speaks English if needed.

Thanks Ana!

Polvo
    Last edited by Polvo; 10-29-06 at 22:09. Reason: I am really struggling with parentheses....

Wink Hunt 99, you are practical but no cigar...

Don't forget, holding a sign with your name on it that beats da hell of everything! In the States, if someone is holding a sign with your name on it, you must be somebody. In BsAs, if someone is holding a sign with your name on it, you are definetly a celebrity!

See this picture, a sign with my name on it! Oh My God, I feel soooo good, it makes me feel like I am so important! I wished he was Ana Luna though, I miss her! I was wondering why dosen't she speak to me any more? Maybe I should've taken her ride more often?

Strad
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bruno.jpg‎  

Back and forth on this trip

On my inbound trip to BsAs, I used one of the remis services which hawk their services outside the door from Argentine customs. They took me immediately to their nice car, total price was 69 pesos, plus I tipped the driver 10 pesos.

Going back, I took a taxi from Puerto Madero, which had been ordered by my hotel. Total fare, 43 pesos. Plus I tipped the guy an extra 17 pesos because I had extra pesos and didn't want to try to spend them on some sweets.

In the past I've used the services of both Mat and Ana Luna, and can vouch for each of them as nice people, reliable, and well-deserving of your business. In my case, however, I'm comfortable with making my own arrangements, and decided not to risk the chance of a miscommunication about times / dates / early arrival of my airplane, etc, and therefore went the way that I did.

I used Ana for my arrival and also departure from Buenos Aires, she runs a very professional service. Upon arrival she was waiting for me when I cleared customs holding a sign with my name on it, the ride into BA was great as well, she has a wealth of information about the city. Departing Buenos Aires Ana was on time again and I arrived at EZE with plenty of time to catch my flight. Again, her service was very professional, e-mailing me to confirm times for pickup, and departure. I would recommend her services to anyone traveling to or from BA. It also helped that she speaks English very well, and is very easy on the eyes.

Ana Luna.

You can email her at.

ana@ana-luna.com

Or phone:

(011 54 11) 4229-8606

Or cell phone.

(011 54 911) 4986 6862

This info is posted in many areas on this forum. Good luck!

Coach
    Last edited by Coach 245; 09-28-06 at 04:06. Reason: spelling

What's the number for this Ana gal? I'll put her to work on Tuesday. Got lot's of mongers arriving to bs as in the next two weeks and I'm the "guio."

Thumbs up Ana Luna Airport pickup and drop off. Smooth as silk again!

Ana picked me up upon my arrival in BA at EZE and upon time for the trip home she got me to the airport 3 hours early. This allowed me plenty of time for the additional secruity checks. Thanks again Ana!

Quote Originally Posted by StrayLight
    I agree. Ana's a gem. She's dependable, flexible, she knows me now, and she gives me an Argentina Private consideration. Plus she's fun to talk to.
    Which is a fantastic face-value service for tourists and other novice travellers.

There are two kinds of travelers, those who explore/devour the destination and those who use tour guides.

Butt Ana is a nice woman I cant dispute that. Not a great ass though. You will see many grade A asses in BsAs before you even clear customs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt99
    I've used Ana Luna to take me back and forth to the Airport. I don't much remember or care if it was 22 or 42 dollars.
    I agree. Ana's a gem. She's dependable, flexible, she knows me now, and she gives me an Argentina Private consideration. Plus she's fun to talk to. All that, to me, is well worth whatever small amount she may charge over the rock-bottom price you can find by scrounging around the Internet or whatever.

SL

Remis from airport

The remis price from the airport today.

(Sept. 21) was 68 pesos. In August it was 64.

For comparative purposes I can state that posted cab fare from the airport to downtown was 54 pesos as of last month. I beat that down to 50 by starting to walk away. However, the driver did not have a very nice ass. Ana has a very nice ass as I hope she will not mind me saying.

Punter, it seems my mocking of the self-appointed "Price Police" on this board sounded too much like the truth and too little like the parody that is was intended to be.

I've used Ana Luna to take me back and forth to the Airport. I don't much remember or care if it was 22 or 42 dollars.

Question Hunt99

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt99
    22 dollars is a ripoff. You are stupid if you pay that. Not a centavo over 15 dollars. You can even take a bus to Ezeiza, fare is 2 pesos.
    Would you post the contact info for a "15 dollar" Remis drive?

Ah, as the price police would say

Quote Originally Posted by Zznrzz
    Thomaso276,

I hear ya, I just don't like getting overcharge for anything, especially when I'm a Gringo in So. Amer. Anyway, after I posted yesterday, I found some more threads on Ana and I like having the Mercedes service when I first get into a country that I have never been to. Her fee to me is $22 US for the oneway service. I'm leaving today for Peru, Chile and I will be in BA, Argentina the evening of 28 September. I need to pack, so, I will not be back for a little while.
    22 dollars is a ripoff. You are stupid if you pay that. Not a centavo over 15 dollars. You can even take a bus to Ezeiza, fare is 2 pesos.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomaso276
    Why not just contact her? And with the high, USA prices you are going to pay at the Marriot will a buck or two matter?
    Thomaso276,

I hear ya, I just don't like getting overcharge for anything, especially when I'm a Gringo in So. Amer. Anyway, after I posted yesterday, I found some more threads on Ana and I like having the Mercedes service when I first get into a country that I have never been to. Her fee to me is $22 US for the oneway service. I'm leaving today for Peru, Chile and I will be in BA, Argentina the evening of 28 September. I need to pack, so, I will not be back for a little while.

Posting Limitations