Thread: Taxis & Remis Services

+ Submit Report
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Why not just contact her? And with the high, USA prices you are going to pay at the Marriot will a buck or two matter?

EZE to Marriott.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach 245
    I just got here to BsAs again. As usual I was picked up on time by Ana Luna at EZE Airport. This is my 10th trip in less than 2 years and Ana has always taken great care to pick me up at EZE and deliver me in plenty of time for my departure flights! I recommend Ana to EVERYONE!
    What should I be paying in US dollars for a ride by Ana from EZE to my hotel, Marriott Plaza Hotel at 1005 Florida?

Thumbs up Ana Luna picks me up on time at EZE again!

I just got here to BsAs again. As usual I was picked up on time by Ana Luna at EZE Airport. This is my 10th trip in less than 2 years and Ana has always taken great care to pick me up at EZE and deliver me in plenty of time for my departure flights! I recommend Ana to EVERYONE!

Quote Originally Posted by StrayLight
    My Spanish is OK, but not great. My taxi strategy, which has worked like a charm thusfar, is to figure out the nearest intersection to my destination and say it as I enter the cab.

SL
    Yes, because of this matter I've started the first English and Italian spoken Radio Taxi Service in BA. Until now, BARTS is the only one who offers this service which is:

You dial #1 from your cellphone and an operator answers, you must specify where are you located and where are you going, and a NORMAL cab will pick you up at normal rates, and if you have any desagreement or trouble, you may call and dial to make a complain that will be resolved inmediately. If the cab driver want to cheat the passnger he risks his job, since all of these guys are just drivers not owners of the taxis.

Best of all is this service is for free, (included on the price) for premier and Hybrid apartments and currently is working from noon to midnight but in the next few weeks / months will be available 24/7

Here is the complete article http://www.barts.com.ar/barts/articl...rdID=radiotaxi

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper
    Advice to english speaking gringos.
    My Spanish is OK, but not great. My taxi strategy, which has worked like a charm thusfar, is to figure out the nearest intersection to my destination and say it as I enter the cab.

"Scalabrini-Ortiz y Guatemala, por favor." No problema.

If you can't figure out and say something like that simple direction, you probably deserve to get fucked.

SL

Taxis increased a 9% + 20 cents fee their rates yesterday after the strike. There is a programmed increase for the next months.

They also cross themselves when walking past a church.

Collectivo 152 goes past at least one church on Marcelo T de Alvear and I've noticed that often many of the riders make the cross when passing. Must be a special church.

In Bangkok taxi drivers tend to take their hands off the steering wheel when passing a statue of Budha (ubiquitous) and make a devotion with hands together and fingers pointing to the heavens.

Sign of the cross

I have noticed a curious practice by a number of cabbies since I arrived here. During the ride, they will "cross themselves" (sign of the cross) Sometimes on multiple occasions during the one ride. Maybe not so curious given the catholic influence here, but I don't ever recall seeing it in the states.

=============================================

Hi Doggboy,

It's a Catholic thing. They cross their heart as they drive past a church.

Jackson

Ride was from the Circus de Solei in Puerto Madero to the Sheraton. Go figure.

Also, if you are new and don't know where you're going then it's sometimes better to have a crosstreet for a taxi driver than a number. If you are, for instance, going somewhere in Palermo on Libertador in the horsetrack area then you are at about Libertador 4500. A fair amount of drivers don't know exactly where 4000 or 5000 is. They ask for a crosstreet.

That's where Kansas is..

PS, I believe that you could cross the entire capital of BsAs and not have a 22 peso taxi fare.

Taxi rates

Had an interesting taxi ride the other day.

$7 and change to go one way and $22 on the return. When I questioned the driver he looked caught and we settled at $10

Other than that never a problem.

Advice to english speaking gringos. If you know where you want to go, write it down and hand it to the driver. If you are staying in a hotel that is not well known get a business card and take it with you.

Argentines are not known for saying I don't know. Carry over from the dictatorship. Drivers will often get close to your location and drive around till they find it, or, stop and ask directions. They have a dispatch system that will identify locations but they do not know all the brand names of hotels, apartments and restaurants.

Save yourself the hassel and be prepared.

The only time I call radio taxi is for a ride to Ezeiza. The one I called recently was 5238-0000. I gave them my cell# and they still have my name and address in their database. They asked if I had several luggage pieces, which I did, and as a they result sent me a new Renault Kangoo (minivan). It arrived a few minutes before the time I set in advance and the fixed cost was 43 pesos, tolls included. I tipped the driver 5 pesos since he helped me with my bags. Going by his reaction, I don't think he'd ever received a 5 peso tip before.

Great service. But then again I don't have problems with taxis, radio or not. I haven't had any issues with whoares hitting me up for extra cash for their mom's operation or some other bullshit either, and I've jammed hundreds and had "relationships" with several. I guess I just don't have "clueless gringo born yesterday, please walk all over me" inscribed on my face. They can save up their fabricated sob stories for someone else.

Smile Hello

I got a very good friend froms this forum, I always will be happy to see you again!

Kisses!

Retired Member

Smile

Punter,

I couldn't agree with you more. After flying all night its always so great to have a beautiful girl, whom's my friend waiting for me after passing thru customs. I always get a little kiss too, which really starts my day off right.

And I always give Ana a nice tip over and above what she charges unlike some of thease other "Cheep Fucks" since I know where the money goes and why she needs it.

Do me a favior and clean off your PM in box its full.

Exon

Posting Limitations