Thread: Taxis & Remis Services

+ Submit Report
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Taxi versus being met

One more point Jackson is not factoring: sometimes Taxis are in short supply. Twice in the last year I waited a half hour, whch would normally be no problema or at least no problema grande, but it was a real pain after flying all night. I understand that this was unusual, but not extremely so.

Anyway, for 8 pesos extra I agree with Sconjo that it is nice to be met by someone friendly, especially if they are not super hard on the eyes. Ana is a good choice; she has never failed to be there at the gate when I was coming in. Same for friends I have had her pick up.

Hi Hobby Fan,

Good grief, is this an Ana love fest here?

"doth protest too much, methinks."

BTW, I never mentioned Ana in my original post.

Thanks,

Jackson
    Last edited by Hobby Fan; 04-13-06 at 15:12. Reason: style

jackson

I agree that your way is great plus the savings, I just like to have someone waiting for me.

Sconjo usa

Thumbs up Ana

I prefer the personal touch of Ana's service, but the info Jackson offers is good in case Ana is not available, and it's the kind of info that should be posted on the form, instead of all the flaming that's been going on.

Punter 127

the members

I would rather ride with Ana and talk and with that personal touch is important to me. Who cares about a few bucks, anybody who worries about about a few bucks should stay home.

Sconjo USA

Hi Sconjo,

It's not the extra 25% premium that is important to me, it's saving the time and the effort. For example, I don't have to expend any time making and then confirming the reservation, and I don't have to spend any time looking for or waiting for my driver at the airport, and I don't have to load my luggage into and out of the car, and I don't have to share the back seat with my luggage, etc.

BTW, I didn't mention Ana anywhere in my report.

Thanks,

Jackson

Retired Member

Checkmark

I too am in agreement with Easy Go.

If at all possible I want Ana driving me back and forth to EZE.

I'm not so much interested in saving a few peso's but more into having a good time in Argentina.

Ana makes a disinteresting drive pleasurable.

Exon

Hi Exon,

I didn't mention Ana anywhere in my report.

Thanks,

Jackson

Jackson,

You know that it's always you! :-)

From a practical standpoint, you are 100% right. I'll confess that the smoothest arrival in all my trips is when I did exactly what you recommend. But there is little that is practical about my trips to BA anyway so I put up with the impracticality to put a little coin into Ana's pocket.

Regards,

Easy Go

Hi Easy Go,

I didn't mention Ana anywhere in my report, but I can't argue with that.

Thanks,

Jackson

Administrator

Venues: 398

Airport Taxis

Greetings everyone,

I recently returned to BA through Ezeiza International Airport and noted a couple of recent changes in the "Arriving Passenger Control System".

Upon leaving the customs area with your baggage, you are confronted with a semi-circle of booths manned with barkers trying to get your attention and trying to sell you various services, including taxi and / or remis services to downtown. These prices ranged from $70 to $100+ pesos. The area is well designed to propel you towards these booths, and in fact it's sincerely doubtful that you will make it out of the area without being approached once or several times with taxi offers. My advice: Just say No.

Immediately after you exit this area, you will come upon the blue and white "Taxi Ezeiza" booth, where on this day I paid their posted rate of $53 pesos to downtown. For guests of Capt Dave's Mansion, they had a posted rate of $45 pesos to Vicente Lopez.

I paid the fare, got a receipt, and in less than a minute my luggage was being carried for me to a car waiting out front, where the porter and the driver both gladly loaded my luggage into the car's ample trunk space and we were off in the minimal possible of time.

The total cost: $53 pesos for the ride, $2 pesos to the porter, and a $5 peso tip for the driver = $60 pesos, tips and tolls included.

Personally, I don't understand why anyone would feel compelled to schedule someone to pick them up at the airport, which requires that you must pay for them to park their car while they wait for your arrival, or where you may have to carry and load your own luggage, or when they might be delayed and you might find yourself wandering the airport with your luggage looking for your ride, or where they may have scheduled to pickup another passenger on your flight, which may also delay your departure and over-burden your taxi with double the luggage, all for the privilege of paying more for the ride, and paying extra for the parking and the tolls.

I don't understand this because there are taxi services pre-positioned at the airport waiting to depart immediately, but hey, maybe it's just me.

Thanks,

Jackson

Smile Ana Luna - A great service

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Luna
    Hello,

My website and my e-mail account are temporarily doown for the moment and may be not be up and running until tomorrow Wednesday 25th.

If you would like, you can contact me through my oter e-mail account wich is anairina280@hotmail. Com

My cell phone, (01154911)4986-6862

From Buenos Aires 155-986-6862.

Thank you
    I had the pleasure of using Ana's services on a recent visit to BA. My plane arrived two hours late and at a different terminal. I hurried (as best you can given customs etc. And. There was Ana waiting with a sign with my name. She proceeded to get her car and we loaded the baggage and on to the hotel. After giving me a chance for a quick shower, she gave me a two hour city tour so that I had perspective for my subsequent taxi rides and walk abouts.

I highly recommend Ana.

Had Ana Luna take me to the airport from BA, and then pickup at the airport back into BA last week. As usual, efficient and courteous service.

Had positive experience with Ana on my trip to BA in past week.

Ana was easily reached by email prior to coming to Argentina and via Nextel radio phone upon arrival, my flight from Foz Iguazu was late but I phoned her while waiting to pickup me and my friend to pickup our bags before going thru customs and she was outside Customs to meet us.

On the return trip back, we were in touch the morning of, she had something scheduled but sent Claudia who arrived when on time as scheduled and got us to the EZE airport on time.

Would use again, and would recommmend her Remis services to other travelers to BA. A very nice intelligent attractive lady who has a good command of the English language.

full disclosure

At my absolute disappointment, Ana was unable to follow through with our prearranged plans to transport me to the mansion last Tuesday. Seems a girlfriends car was broken down and as such Ana had to transport a nice senior citizen couple instead of me (double booked) She did help with walking me the 5 steps or so over to Taxi Ezeiza.

In the end its really no big deal. However I am a veterano of travel to BA. A timid newby could have been in a bit of anxiety.

I will say Ana is a lovely lady. But business is business. Boy would I like to give her the business!

Bottomline, when traveling always have a backup plan. Especially in latin america. I will try Ana again, and perhaps next time it will work out. If not - I will have to look at another ugly porteno instead of her on my ride to town!

Ana Luna

I can confirm that Ana Luna is by far the best driver in Buenos Aires. Ana made my trip so great, she helped me get to places that a taxi would have cost to much. And then when I left to the airport she even drove my friend back to her house. Ana is the best. Very Professional. I suggest everyone use her services.

Just wanted to add my thumbs up for Ana. When you get off an 18 hour flight into an unfamiliar airport and don't speak any Spanish and have a beautiful and helpful lady like Ana to greet you you really know you have arrived in heaven!

Many thanks Ana!

Cactus

Just a thank you and nice feedback on using Ana's remise taxi service.

Flew into BA on a United flight that was delayed and arrived about 45 min late, and then to top that off my one checked bag never made it out of Chicago so I had to stand in the lost baggage line, make a claim, etc. Etc.

Basically, didn't get out into the general receiving area until well over an hour after my flight landed, but there Ana was - still waiting patiently. (even though I made her a little late for her next appointment - so if that person is on here, wasn't her fault - blame the United baggage gremlins)

A nice short drive into BA and I was settled into my apartment. Definitely will use Ana's remise services again.

I was pleased last weekend when Ana dropped her Sunday afternoon activity to pick me up at the last minute for an airport run. Quick, friendly service.

Posting Limitations