Thread: Taxis & Remis Services

+ Submit Report
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiBob  [View Original Post]
    [URL]Taxi ezeiza.....No thieves..
    Meh, ymmv!
    I once left a bag in one of their cars, got the controller to call the driver within 5 minutes of realizing it and he denied it was there. He'd obviously already opened it and found the camera and radio and decided he'd like to keep them.

Car sevrices and airport transport

http://www.taxiezeiza.com.ar/eng/tarifas

This a reliable car service with a large stand outside of where you leave customs. Taxi ezeiza will be a bit more than a street taxi, but is very reliable--no scams. No thieves..

VIP has a stand right outside the custom's door where there are a few booths--this is the area before you see taxi ezeiza. They will have a price simular the taxi ezeiza and also have a very good rreputation and have been well reviewed before.

If you want to highest level of service and a large comforable car for a number of people with luggage, then the english speaking staff at star limo is for you. They are reviewed below. Fred, the owner, is an active participant or at least was when this board was far more active than it is now. If you contact fred in advaqnce, he will even help with buying pesos at an excellent rate. Fred is a class act, but more $.

double post

brain fart
    Last edited by Miami Bob; 01-11-14 at 19:52. Reason: mistake

Vip car from eze

Was 275 pesos to Palermo this past October, as reported two posts ago, you don't need at reservation. At current blue rate, just over 25 bucks. On the left, just before you leave security areA, Bank Naciones on the right, just look left. Good luck. Toymann.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaGetti  [View Original Post]
    I am going to arrive in BA Jan 22,2014 for my first visit. I have been given an estimate of 45 USD for a remise to take me & my wife from EZE to retiro (near theater colon). Is this reasonable? I think that it is too much. I am willing to pay if it is fair.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaGetti  [View Original Post]
    I am going to arrive in BA Jan 22,2014 for my first visit. I have been given an estimate of 45 USD for a remise to take me & my wife from EZE to retiro (near theater colon). Is this reasonable? I think that it is too much. I am willing to pay if it is fair.
    I'm not sure about that price, but if you are going to the Retiro area take the Manuel Leon shuttle bus from the airport which leaves you in their depot about a block or block and a half from Retiro. They might even drop you where you want to go. I know they will stop at certain spots if asked.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Gandolf50 For This Post:

EZE to theater colon

No contact necessary!

They have booth as you exit security at EZE on the left. If you like cabbie just get his number for return trip. Mongering on dude. Toymann

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Toymann For This Post:

Vip car

Quote Originally Posted by Toymann  [View Original Post]
    200 pesos to recoleta. No hassles. Nice driver from Chako! Mongering on all. Toymann
    Hi Toymann- Do you have contact information for VIP car? Do they go from Recoleta to EZE for the same price? Do you know what the rates are for AEP? I am using both airports going in and out of BA.

Thanks Mountaineer

VIP Car at EZE

200 pesos to recoleta. No hassles. Nice driver from Chako! Mongering on all. Toymann

Your idea of eyes on is a good one and will prevent the other common scam which is to exchange your bill for a fake one and then hand it back to you and say you gave it to them, this can happen in Kioskos as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mpexy  [View Original Post]
    So thought I'd share my xp as learning xp for new travelers to buenos aires.

Took cab off street today at lunch time from recoleta to belgrano. Was normal registered taxi. Ride was 41 pesos on meter, everything fine till got to destination. Pulled out and handed driver 50 peso bill, then my big mistake. Looked away for 3sec to dig out a 1-peso coin to make total 51 to get easy 10p change.

But driver had 5 peso bill in hand. Thought he was giving me wrong change at first but he then claimed I'd only paid him 5 pesos, not 50. Fucking switch trick. Can't believe fell for it again. So I told him fuck off I paid him 50 and I'm yelling for first cop I see. Told me fine get out and didn't escalate over 10p change he owed me and took as reminder xp to never look away when paying.

This is second time in 4 years of in-buenos areas living time since 2005 I've been ripped off this way. First learning xp was in night cab ride, short hop recoleta to cafe Madeleine. 17 peso ride. Made rookie mistake of handing over a 10, then looked down to count out a 5 and 2 peso bill. Cabbie dropped the 10 somewhere and told me I'd only paid 7 and owed him 10 more.

Always remembered since then to always have full fare in hand first before handing over total amount and saying verbally as well amount giving him. But forgot today to also never look away. Cheap lesson relatively but just hate these damn dishonest cabbies

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Daddy Rulz For This Post:

Taxi rip off xp

So thought I'd share my xp as learning xp for new travelers to buenos aires.

Took cab off street today at lunch time from recoleta to belgrano. Was normal registered taxi. Ride was 41 pesos on meter, everything fine till got to destination. Pulled out and handed driver 50 peso bill, then my big mistake. Looked away for 3sec to dig out a 1-peso coin to make total 51 to get easy 10p change.

But driver had 5 peso bill in hand. Thought he was giving me wrong change at first but he then claimed I'd only paid him 5 pesos, not 50. Fucking switch trick. Can't believe fell for it again. So I told him fuck off I paid him 50 and I'm yelling for first cop I see. Told me fine get out and didn't escalate over 10p change he owed me and took as reminder xp to never look away when paying.

This is second time in 4 years of in-buenos areas living time since 2005 I've been ripped off this way. First learning xp was in night cab ride, short hop recoleta to cafe Madeleine. 17 peso ride. Made rookie mistake of handing over a 10, then looked down to count out a 5 and 2 peso bill. Cabbie dropped the 10 somewhere and told me I'd only paid 7 and owed him 10 more.

Always remembered since then to always have full fare in hand first before handing over total amount and saying verbally as well amount giving him. But forgot today to also never look away. Cheap lesson relatively but just hate these damn dishonest cabbies

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mpexy For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Meforu 2000
    Wellcome back Argento, hope you had a good trip.

I'll be in town on 11/ 14 lets try to have a beer.

Meforu
    OK. Have a research project with Tequila Tim 16th - 20th November. Only commitment hasta Navidad.

Argento

Wellcome back Argento, hope you had a good trip.

I'll be in town on 11/ 14 lets try to have a beer.

Meforu

Quote Originally Posted by Toymann
    As of yesterday, 80 pesos for a cab if you just walk outside and hail one. Eze to Recoleta.

Happy Mongering All.

Toymann
    Just to confirm. I got back today and got the same price. EZE to Colegiales, ARG$80. Been the same for the past 3 months.

Argento

Ditto

As of yesterday, 80 pesos for a cab if you just walk outside and hail one. Eze to Recoleta.

Happy Mongering All.

Toymann

Posting Limitations