Thread: Taxis & Remis Services

+ Submit Report
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    $AR98 plus tip to Recoleta using Taxi Eziza as of 2 weeks ago.

Yeah but 60 bucks for a ride from EZE to the city seems a bit pricey. I'm sure it's worth it but I think I'll just take a taxi instead. (More money for chicas) Any idea on what a taxi ride costs from EZE now? I know inflation is pretty high and it's been a year since I've been in town.

Administrator

Venues: 398
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandalay
    What's the latest on Ana Luna?

Is she still doing the private remis thing? Is she reliable?

Any word?
    Ana Luna has been replaced by Fred's Silver Star service as this forum's preferred limo service.

Unlike Ana Luna, Fred is running a professional car service that is fully insured, correctly licensed and legally registered as an airport taxi.

Plus, he's got a nice, big, clean Lincoln Town Car he imported from the USA.

However, I will grant you that his hooters are less than impressive, if that's your criteria for selecting a limo service.

Thanks,

Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandalay
    Is she reliable?
    This is a joke right?

Ana Luna

What's the latest on Ana Luna?

Is she still doing the private remis thing? Is she reliable?

Any word?

Query

Can someone advise me the difference in the prices being charged by Remis vis-a-vis Buenoa Aires Taxis?

Lets say if a taxi is charging by meter 10 pesos for a route / specific Km. How much will a Remi charge for the same route / Km.

Will it be double? 1.5 times? Etc etc?

Any clues?

Last week, I had to take a Remi out of a Transitirio as no taxis were available at that time of the night and I had to pay double of what be charged by a Taxi meter.

So, any tips on negotiating prices with Remis? Any price chart as such for Remi's?

Thanks in advance for your answers

Silver Star

I completely agree with previous poster. My buddy and I just spend 2 weeks in Argentina and the best road transportation we got was the ride with Fred from our hotel in BsAs to EZE last Sunday. Only wish we would have used him previously during the trip. My friend is a retired LEO and used to teach state troopers how to drive and he was very impressed with Fred's driving skills. Aside from the comfortable car it was nice to also have someone who drove safe and comfortable behind the wheel.

We would never consider using any our transport than Silver Star on our next trip.

Silver Star

Mongers-

On Wednesday, September 16th I enlisted Silver Star's services for an EZE airport pickup. Silver Star was there waiting for me upon my arrival even though the arrival terminal had been changed and my flight was delayed over four hours. Silver Star's Lincoln Town Car was clean, modern, and very comfortable. Silver Star provided pleasant conversation and drove the car in a safe and very controlled manner. I recommend Silver Star's services for those seeking executive level transport to / from the airport and / or for transporting friends / relatives / business associates who do not speak Spanish and / or do not know where they are going. The price was $59 USD.

Suerte,

Rock Harders

Quote Originally Posted by Local Lad
    Coming to an end of an almost three week stint in Argentina, ninth in four years with time split between hunting in Cordoba and downtime in BA. Have used the Silver Star Car service on several occasions both for myself and friends that have joined me and left mid trip. On each occasion I found Fred to be punctional, attentive and very helpfull. I certainly have no hesitation in recomending him to others. Quite frankly when you have completed a fifteen hour flight from the UK the last thing you want is the hassle of the taxi lottery at EZE!
    Thanks for the kind comments, it has been a pleasure to serve you, and find you alternate transport when overbooked! See you soon.

Fred

Silver Star

Coming to an end of an almost three week stint in Argentina, ninth in four years with time split between hunting in Cordoba and downtime in BA. Have used the Silver Star Car service on several occasions both for myself and friends that have joined me and left mid trip. On each occasion I found Fred to be punctional, attentive and very helpfull. I certainly have no hesitation in recomending him to others. Quite frankly when you have completed a fifteen hour flight from the UK the last thing you want is the hassle of the taxi lottery at EZE!

Quote Originally Posted by TejanoLibre
    I already live here and I'v had my D. N. I for about (4) years.

I also have Argentine citizenship, whatever that's worth?

I can obtain tons of used Boxsters! I worked for Porsche Cars North America for (14) years.

I also worked for Lamborghini, be. M. W, Audi, Jaguar, Saab, Volvo and Alfa-Romeo.

TL
    You can basically do it, you just have to prove through your local consulate,

That you have lived outside of Argentina for over 1yr. A used Boxer is an excellent choiceto bring in, you can make a killing. You can't sell the car until finishing a 1yr waiting period.

Good Luck!

Fred

www.silverstarcar.com

Fully Licensed and Insured to $AR10,000,000

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Star
    Tejano:

There is a new law that says if you import a car within 6 months for getting your DNI, there is NO TAX! I unfortunately had to pay 80% tax, as I got my DNI before moving into the country, but it is still worth it. They love European cars, and 4 wheel drive pickup trucks. I think bringing in a Ferrari would be profitable, as they do like Italian cars here. There is a lot of paperwork (beyond comprehension) but it can be worth it. You cannot seel the car before 1yr of having it in the country. I heard an excellent car to bring in is a 5 yr old Boxer Porsche. The amount of paperwork, and hassle to do this process is beyond comprehension, but doable.

As far as my fares go for SilverStar, I do believe they are very reasonable, considering the costs of running a Town Car here, and a morning pickup can take me up to 4 hours door to door for me, as I leave early to ensure punctuality! If you have questions about importing a car, do consult me. And you are allowed one motorcycle to come in, and the suggestion is a used large HD.

Also, if you move here, and stay too long, you may not be able to bring a car and motorcycle in.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

Fully Licensed and Insured to $10,000,000AR
    I already live here and I'v had my D. N. I for about (4) years.

I also have Argentine citizenship, whatever that's worth?

I can obtain tons of used Boxsters! I worked for Porsche Cars North America for (14) years.

I also worked for Lamborghini, be. M. W, Audi, Jaguar, Saab, Volvo and Alfa-Romeo.

TL

I think I'll give it a try in Nov. Fred, drop me a pm for the details.

Nothing like a little comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by TejanoLibre
    Hey Fred,

Welcome to BA and good luck with your business!

I was hoping that you could tell us how EASY it was to import an American car into Argentina!

I wanted to bring down my old Ferrari because it's not worth much in the USA and down here it would be a real head turner and a blast to run around in.

I have been told that the import fees are about 81% of the value that THEY put on the old turd!

Now that ruins the deal right off the bat!

Maybe the car is worth $40k in the USA and down here who knows what they will rate it?

If it's 81% does that make the car cost about $73k u$s?

That sucks!

So I guess your rates are VERY fare if you think about that fact. And that it's a gas guzzler too!

Let us know.

Thanks,

TL
    Tejano:

There is a new law that says if you import a car within 6 months for getting your DNI, there is NO TAX! I unfortunately had to pay 80% tax, as I got my DNI before moving into the country, but it is still worth it. They love European cars, and 4 wheel drive pickup trucks. I think bringing in a Ferrari would be profitable, as they do like Italian cars here. There is a lot of paperwork (beyond comprehension) but it can be worth it. You cannot seel the car before 1yr of having it in the country. I heard an excellent car to bring in is a 5 yr old Boxer Porsche. The amount of paperwork, and hassle to do this process is beyond comprehension, but doable.

As far as my fares go for SilverStar, I do believe they are very reasonable, considering the costs of running a Town Car here, and a morning pickup can take me up to 4 hours door to door for me, as I leave early to ensure punctuality! If you have questions about importing a car, do consult me. And you are allowed one motorcycle to come in, and the suggestion is a used large HD.

Also, if you move here, and stay too long, you may not be able to bring a car and motorcycle in.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

Fully Licensed and Insured to $10,000,000AR

Quote Originally Posted by El Queso
    Fred, I have to completely applaud your business here and find myself wondering how you can afford to only charge U$S50 per trip! Serious kudos, man.

BTW - if I ever go back to the States for a visit or something, I'll have to find out what you would charge to come out to Pilar to pick me up and take me to the airport!
    Would love to handle that transfer, let me know when you are ready!

(Thanks)

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

Posting Limitations