Thread: Taxis & Remis Services

+ Submit Report
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Administrator

Venues: 398
    Greetings Everyone,

Why is it that there's always somebody who is compelled to attack anyone who is trying to make a legitimate living advertising their services on this website with my obvious consent?

If you don't believe that Fred's car service is right for you, then don't use his service. It's that simple.

And if you've NEVER been a customer, then you don't really have a complaint, do you?

Thanks,

Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Toymann
    One way transfer from airport to downtown for the price of return trip. Exellent business strategy! You might as well advertise on StupidGringos. Com! I am guessing you are wasting your time on this site, with this crowd!

And that is your PROMOTION PRICE!

IALOTFLMAO! Enough said. Happy Mongering All. Toymann
    If I had a tiny Chevy Corsa or Fiat, and didn't speak English, and drove like a maniac and still charged double, I would agree with you that it would be very stupid business strategy! I do however provide a reliable, punctual, safe and roomy ride, and tolls are included. My service is premium and hassle free, safe and secure. When you compare my fare in the marketplace, you will see they are competitive with similar cars. People pay different rates for car service, just like hotel rooms and restaurants, the more you pay, the better the quality. Common sense tells us a tiny tin can cab is not the same a comfortable and luxurious, spacious Lincoln Town Car!

My service is not designed for everybody, just those who are willing to invest a few extra dollars in a premium hassle free ride, and service.

Examples- I lend Argentine Prepaid phones for a deposit, and change money at bank rates to keep you moving, instead of waiting in a long line after a long and grueling flight. And a refreshing free bottle of water is typically provided. That's the Silver Star difference! There is also plenty of room for luggage in the back, I can often hold the load of 2 tiny cabs.

That $50 fare is no longer 'promotional' but the regular reasonable fare, I'm in the process of updating (and getting control) my site and will take that down, ASAP thanks.

Fred

www.silverstarcar.com

Fully Licensed and Insured $10,000,000AR

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney
    67 pesos +tip.
    What kind of car did you get? I'm sure it wasn't a big, beautiful, roomy and safe, well maintained Lincoln Town Car, with airbags and pillow soft comfortable leather seats! Most of the trip is it a highway speeds, so no cab will be as safe nor as comfortable as my American Lincoln Town Car.

Yes, I do have to ask more than a cab, but my costs are more than double to run and maintain it here. Car parts in Argentina are very expensive.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

American in BsAs doing Lincoln Town Car service

Quote Originally Posted by StrayLight
    Chicos,

I'm back in town shortly after an extended absence. My normal ride to and from EZE was Ana Luna for several years, but all my previous means of contacting her -- cell phones, e-mails -- seem to have been terminated.

Anyone know of a reliable, dependable driver I can use?

Yeah, I know. The taxi stand at EZE. But I happen to have gotten attached to having a known entity waiting for me when I arrived, and would like to re-establish something like that.

(Or, anyone know Ana Luna's current contact info?

Thanks.

SL
    Hi SL,

Just wanted to let you know I do Lincoln Town Car service (I have all the paperwork and Insurance) Here in Buenos Aires, lots of positive comments (Google me) I have a thread here, and look forward to serving your transport needs in a reliable and professional manner! Here's the thread:

http:/ www. Argentinaprivate.com/forum/showthread.php?p=401882#post401882

I'm not trying to be the cheapest (can't be with an expensive car) but I am trying to be the BEST.

Thanks,

Fred www.silverstarcar.com

Quote Originally Posted by Strad
    With dollars are getting stronger in Argentina, what is the going rate for a Radio taxi to town?

Thanks!

Strad
    Taxi Ezeiza current flat rate is $98 from the airport and $78 to the aiport, tolls included.

http://www.taxiezeiza.com.ar/

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelganger
    Having just returned from BA to S / P I wished to relate a funny story regarding taxi drivers and counterfit bills.

After a short ride from microcenter to Junin I had run out of small bills and gave the drive a $50P note and recieved the correct change. But later when I tried to use the $20P note the waiter told me it was counterfit.

Later that evening after picking up a young lady at one of the local establishments. I got one of the cabs outside who took me back to the apartment. Of course he did not start the meter but asked for the usual $20P for a $4P ride as the fare. Prepared for this I gave him the bad $20P with $2P note on top. He didn't bat an eye, took the money and scooted off. While I doubt he had that $20P note 20 minutes later---turn about is fair play in my book
    As a tourist, circumventing the law albeit to "settle scores in your book" could land you into helluva lot of trouble.

Most likely, you would escape 99 out of 100 times with what you did as you described above, but that 1 time, you get caught deliberately using counterfeit money could end up being the defining moment of your life and your future. Always step with caution in a foreign country, even if it is a corrupt country in your opinion and you feel anything goes, here!

I have seen some tourists getting in extremely messy situations in corrupt /3rd world countries when they thought they could get away with anything on basis of their own nationality and the corruption level of the host country they were visiting.

Just my two cents! Do not mind my words.

Turn about is fair play

Having just returned from BA to S / P I wished to relate a funny story regarding taxi drivers and counterfit bills.

After a short ride from microcenter to Junin I had run out of small bills and gave the drive a $50P note and recieved the correct change. But later when I tried to use the $20P note the waiter told me it was counterfit.

Later that evening after picking up a young lady at one of the local establishments. I got one of the cabs outside who took me back to the apartment. Of course he did not start the meter but asked for the usual $20P for a $4P ride as the fare. Prepared for this I gave him the bad $20P with $2P note on top. He didn't bat an eye, took the money and scooted off. While I doubt he had that $20P note 20 minutes later---turn about is fair play in my book
    Last edited by Member #4112; 07-30-09 at 22:19. Reason: typo

I hopped in a taxi on Cordoba yesterday to go to Ezezia, and half an hour later outside the terminal the meter said AR$65, so with tolls the total was AR$70 - much better than the AR$95 I was charged by the taxi firm inside the terminal on my arrival.

Going rate ride from EZE to Recoleta

With dollars are getting stronger in Argentina, what is the going rate for a Radio taxi to town?

Thanks!

Strad

Retired Member

The Rumor Is

That Ana now has a rich Portano boy friend. The hombre is a politiction in his mid 50's and has taken Ana "under his wing" and therefore Ana doesn't need to provide Remis services to her loyal friends.

She can provide "Other Services" and take care of Irana and herself that way.

Exon

Ana Luna replacement...?

Chicos,

I'm back in town shortly after an extended absence. My normal ride to and from EZE was Ana Luna for several years, but all my previous means of contacting her -- cell phones, e-mails -- seem to have been terminated.

Anyone know of a reliable, dependable driver I can use?

Yeah, I know...the taxi stand at EZE. But I happen to have gotten attached to having a known entity waiting for me when I arrived, and would like to re-establish something like that.

(Or, anyone know Ana Luna's current contact info?)

Thanks.

SL

Remise companies for extended stay hire

Can anyone recommend any remise company that I can hire for a full week? I just checked Ana Luna's website, but it doesn't seem that they have that kind of service; its more city tours and stuff like that.

Any suggestions on pricing or how much I should negotiate?

Quote Originally Posted by Dickhead
    What you're looking for is unnecessary. Any cab will be "discreet," any cab will wait for you for I believe it's now about 20 p per hour, and if they don't wait it doesn't matter. Nobody is going to "have an attitude" about what you are doing since it is perfectly legal and is considered normal behavior. So stop thinking about it. Hope that isn't a smart ass answer.
    Thanks for the answers to the question (s) I was asking for. I'll stop thinking about it now.

What you're looking for is unnecessary. Any cab will be "discreet," any cab will wait for you for I believe it's now about 20 p per hour, and if they don't wait it doesn't matter. Nobody is going to "have an attitude" about what you are doing since it is perfectly legal and is considered normal behavior. So stop thinking about it. Hope that isn't a smart ass answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Exon123
    Ana Luna would be more than happy to drive you around to see the sites.

http://www.ana-luna.com/

Exon
    Thanks for this info. It gives me a possible source on a possible contact regarding someone who I may like to "cruise" around with and / or take me where I want to go (when I decide) discreetly. Basically so I have a driver who can show me things discreetly and be on stand-by, when I take a break, and still be there when I need them etc. Rather than change from driver to driver.

For those who don't understand that. I'm still not sure from the feed back, from others, what a reasonable amount I can expect to pay for this kind of service is. Besides giving me smart ass answer which doesn't address my original question.

+ Submit Report
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Posting Limitations