Thread: Taxis & Remis Services

+ Submit Report
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysander
    Hiring a cab for two or three hours to go mongering in BA doesn't make sense. All the favourite mongering spots are within easy reach, taxis are cheap and plentiful and run all night long. You can generally hail a cab in the central BA area in less than two minutes. In my experience BA cap drivers are honest. Just make sure you know where you want to go before you get into the cab. The best thing is to ask for the nearest street corner, rather than a street number.
    Or you can hire a remis service. If you are going to hire the car for a couple of hours is less expensive.

Administrator

Venues: 398
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysander
    The best thing is to ask for the nearest street corner, rather than a street number.
    ...or rather than the name of your destination.

Retired Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brad117
    Has anyone ever hired a driver, part time. Example, hire a legit cab / car driver for 2, 3, or? Hours to drive you around for an evening of mongering. What is a reasonable rate to pay / hourly for a good, trustworthy driver, who doesn't have a attitude about what you are doing? Or tries to hustle you? Can they be found? If so, where? What do you guys think is the going / fair rate for this type of service?
    Ana Luna would be more than happy to drive you around to see the sites.

http://www.ana-luna.com/

Exon

Hiring a driver for an evening of mongering?

Quote Originally Posted by Brad117
    Has anyone ever hired a driver, part time. Example, hire a legit cab / car driver for 2, 3, or? Hours to drive you around for an evening of mongering. What is a reasonable rate to pay / hourly for a good, trustworthy driver, who doesn't have a attitude about what you are doing? Or tries to hustle you? Can they be found? If so, where? What do you guys think is the going / fair rate for this type of service?
    Hiring a cab for two or three hours to go mongering in BA doesn't make sense. All the favourite mongering spots are within easy reach, taxis are cheap and plentiful and run all night long. You can generally hail a cab in the central BA area in less than two minutes. In my experience BA cap drivers are honest. Just make sure you know where you want to go before you get into the cab. The best thing is to ask for the nearest street corner, rather than a street number.

Hire a Driver - Part Time

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney
    The ''always honest'' BA taxis were demanding 30 pesos to Recoleta! Normally, 8 pesos! I walked across the street.

Cool Alan23

Think of the trees that would be lost when the holier-than-thou, condescending, lordly, ugly Americans started filling out the form. (You know the guys that left the USA because they were unhappy, but yet don’t like Argentina because it’s not like the USA?) Whole forest could be in danger, have you no concern for the environmental crisis? What good would it do anyway, I’m advised that in Argentina “everyone is trying to screw you ”, and ''Trust no Porteno''!

Portenos could learn something from Philippinos

See the complaint form below that is offered to taxi customers in the Philippines.

For our resident taxi expert and official liaison - Sidney:

What are the chances of this system being adopted in Argentina? (what mumbling do I hear about hell freezing over!@#$%^&)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mini-Taxi Complaint Form.JPG‎  

Quote Originally Posted by Exon123
    Hola Doggboy,

Yes I know Mexico is not noted for Mongering, at least not in Argentina style but Mi Pene gets lonely and I'm headed back to Sex Prison at the end of the week and Mexico City is so close.
    I can think of many more Mexican cities are that are much closer than Mexico City. Driving distance, even.

Retired Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doggboy
    Ex-it's not an optimum mongering destination. Generally more expensive than BA and for the most part not as out "in the open". You would NEVER find an Exedra like place here unless there are some in the more dangerous parts of town. PM me if you would like more details, but I can't recommend it.
    Hola Doggboy,

Yes I know Mexico is not noted for Mongering, at least not in Argentina style but Mi Pene gets lonely and I'm headed back to Sex Prison at the end of the week and Mexico City is so close. I'm thinking about it, I'll let you know.

Bye the way what the Fuck are you doing there? Sidney is heading to the D. R. for dos Mes I learned last night.

Exon

Quote Originally Posted by Exon123
    Dogg,

Whats the price of pussy in Mexico City?

I might come down for a few days of Sport Fucking.

Exon
    Ex-it's not an optimum mongering destination. Generally more expensive than BA and for the most part not as out "in the open". You would NEVER find an Exedra like place here unless there are some in the more dangerous parts of town. PM me if you would like more details, but I can't recommend it.

Retired Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doggboy
    El Sid! I repeat-come to Mexico City! After a week you will kiss the ground the Argie cabbies walk on. As an extranjero without car in any big city, having reliable, honest mass transportation (I am including cabs) is a major plus for quality of life. In my limited experience bouncing around Europe a bit and South America, so far BA wins hands down. Sure, there will be issues from time to time anywhere you live, but for me BA is as good as it gets!

As your unpaid shrink I advise you institute a sea change in your thinking and tell yourself-"I will love the BA cabbies, I will love the BA cabbies!". And yes, many will love you in return.
    Dogg,

Whats the price of pussy in Mexico City?

I might come down for a few days of Sport Fucking.

Exon

Hunt99 is lurking in the background, waiting for his opportunity to regain my account and his sizable retainer! Sorry, things are difficult in Mexico City. That being said, it still doesn't excuse the small minority of these petty criminals. Cum on back! We miss you!
    Not so difficult here-the cabbies require constant vigilance. Elsewise-no problems. Like NYC but with a bit more spanish spoken. Merry Christmas to all!

I doubt that they are forced to work. And some wanted 15 pesos and others as much as 50 pesos for the same short route. Obviously, they knew that they had you, and intended to charge all the traffic would bear! Triple the normal rate=borderline. Ten times the normal rate = dishonest!
    El Sid! I repeat-come to Mexico City! After a week you will kiss the ground the Argie cabbies walk on. As an extranjero without car in any big city, having reliable, honest mass transportation (I am including cabs) is a major plus for quality of life. In my limited experience bouncing around Europe a bit and South America, so far BA wins hands down. Sure, there will be issues from time to time anywhere you live, but for me BA is as good as it gets!

As your unpaid shrink I advise you institute a sea change in your thinking and tell yourself-"I will love the BA cabbies, I will love the BA cabbies!". And yes, many will love you in return.

Quote Originally Posted by Badboy13
    I think employees who work Holidays in the US usually charge DOUBLE, as in double time. This means if the person makes $30 an hour, they will make $60 working on Christmas. I don't find this behavior dishonest, I find it fair. The employer doesn't have to close his business down and stop making money over the holidays and the employee has an added incentive to work during a holiday. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I find many taxi drivers honest and some that are not, but I don't think this is a very good example of either case.
    I think it’s obvious you have never had a job in the USA, and haven’t got a clue how people get paid.

BTW I’m off to work now, so I think I have a pretty good feel for how things work here in the USA!

To my trusted believers in honest taxis--God of Mongers, Punter, Doggboy.

They were in ''fine form'' tonight. All refused to ''pull the handle'' and all demanded 15 to 50 pesos irregardless of the length or the ride. Golly, I'm sorry to reveal the dishonesty of these fukers. They seem like really nice men needing Christmas money. As we all know, there are no dishonest businessmen in AR!
    Well at least you put me in good company!

+ Submit Report
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Posting Limitations