Thread: Taxis & Remis Services

+ Submit Report
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

I think employees who work Holidays in the US usually charge DOUBLE, as in double time. This means if the person makes $30 an hour, they will make $60 working on Christmas. I don't find this behavior dishonest, I find it fair. The employer doesn't have to close his business down and stop making money over the holidays and the employee has an added incentive to work during a holiday. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I find many taxi drivers honest and some that are not, but I don't think this is a very good example of either case.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney
    They were in ''fine form'' tonight. All refused to ''pull the handle'' and all demanded 15 to 50 pesos irregardless of the length or the ride. Golly, I'm sorry to reveal the dishonesty of these fukers. They seem like really nice men needing Christmas money. As we all know, there are no dishonest businessmen in AR!

Hey Sid.

Would you work on Christmas eve without making some extra money to make it worth the bother?

Dishonesty and offering a special service on a very special evening are two very different things.

Merry Xmas

Quote Originally Posted by Doggboy
    For those of you who frequently complain about taxi's in BA, I suggest you spend some time in Mexico City. Surly, don't know where they are going and / or taking you "for a ride". And, from the reports I get, that is the "good". The "bad" involves the notorious "taxi beetles" with robberies, etc. After having essentially no bad experiences in BA over a period of nearly two years, in less than a week here, I have already stiffed a guy for being a clueless idiot and engaged in a public tirade with another. Count your taxi blessings in BA. Sorry El Sid, but them's the facts.
    I just spent a week in BA and only traveled by taxi. Not once did anything unusual, illegal, or even weird happen with the dozens of taxis I took. No games, no fake change, no breaking down of taxis. Now sure maybe the meter might have run fast, but I always did round trips so the return was always the same within a peso or 2, and that I chalked up to traffic. Nada.

For those of you who frequently complain about taxi's in BA, I suggest you spend some time in Mexico City. Surly, don't know where they are going and / or taking you "for a ride". And, from the reports I get, that is the "good". The "bad" involves the notorious "taxi beetles" with robberies, etc. After having essentially no bad experiences in BA over a period of nearly two years, in less than a week here, I have already stiffed a guy for being a clueless idiot and engaged in a public tirade with another. Count your taxi blessings in BA. Sorry El Sid, but them's the facts.

Thumbs down Remember?

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney
    I have witnessed 5 taxis operating with ''fast meters''. Watch these fukers! Please no long, naive diatribes on how honest and wonderful these men are!
    http://argentinaprivate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3823

Not again......... Geez!

Crazy Taxi drivers

I was driving home from the gym tonight, saw a taxi driving erratically, didn't understand what was going on, until we hit a red light. This 60+ year old taxi driver with a gray fro jumps out runs over to another taxi, starts yelling " LA CONCHA DE TU MADRE ", then proceeds to kick in the door of the other taxi, all this while the 60+ year old taxi drivers passengers are sitting in the taxi watching. He then runs back to his taxi, and tries to take off before the other taxi can get his plates. Classic shit. I only wish I had the sense to videotape that shit. So next time you get in a taxi in Buenos Aires, remember your 3.10 peso fare just might buy you more than you bargained for.

I FUCKING LOOOOOVVVEEE ARGENTINA.

Goodman; it is easier to e-mail her than to subject yourself to the OLD MAN RAGE of 123 and 127. Happy hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Exon123
    Why don't you e-mail her on her website posted below and not clutter up out board with "Bull Shit".

Exon
    "Cocksucker!"

Lest you forget Exon.

Retired Member

Quote Originally Posted by Goodman 31
    Anybody know what this Ana Luna chica is charging now for remis from EZE to downtown?
    Why don't you e-mail her on her website posted below and not clutter up out board with "Bull Shit".

Exon

Ana Luna

Anybody know what this Ana Luna chica is charging now for remis from EZE to downtown?

The tour was 50 US dollars, which I feel is reasonable. She has a web page at http://www.ana-luna.com/.

Wayne, you lucky bastard.

Just wondering, what are her tour rates. I have yet to take a formal tour around Buenos Aires and would like to, and the thought of being able to take one accompanied by such a foxy, informative lady is irresistable.

Thanks for the pic BTW,

Bad

City Tour with Ana Luna

Last Thursday Ana Luna took me on a 2.5 hour tour of Palermo, Belgrano, Nunez, Vicente Lopez, Olives, Martinez and San Isidro. The tour was informative and fun. She speaks perfect english and has an engaging personality. And it does not hurt that she is very easy on the eyes. She has a lot of knowledge about all aspects of life in Buenos Aires. She even showed me the "Mansion". It is quite impressive! She also made reservations for me for the Carlos Gardel Tango show which I thoroughly enjoyed.

I highly recommend her for any tours or transportation needs you might have in Buenos Aires.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PICT0206.JPG‎  

English Speaking Taxi Driver--Gerardo Pettigrew

Gerardo's mother was from the USA and they spoke english at home when he was growing up in Bs As. He works 6am to 6 pm 6 days per week and if you make advanced arrangements.

For a major trip eg airport or Pilar he can get expended hours.

My brother flagged him down 3 1/2 years ago and we have been friends ever since. He is a fairly good interpreter and can help with shopping or fighting with the cell phone company. He charges the staight meter or 10-12 pesos per.

Hour + tip. Fighting with CIT about their crummy cel service.

Is a flat fee or hourly gig.

NOT for mongering missions--Capt Dave or Jackson can provide better mongering info, but he can negociate pricing and services upon special request. I have not used him for this, but it should be a no brainer for him. I dout that he has Roxana's skill level at this sort of thing.

CEL-- 15 5375 0542

The phone is on 6am to 6pm only. He will pre-arrange airport pick-ups. He has become a friend over the years and is a reasonably priced resourse with local knowledge and.

Excellent english language skills.

Thumbs up Ana's personal touch!

Polvo, I am happy that you were able to enjoy Ana's personal touch to the EZE pick up and drop off. She has many contacts as you have found out and is very easy on the eyes when traveling and enjoying Bs As. Thank you for the PM about her services too. I consider Ana a personal friend as many of the people on this board. She has always helped me so much dating back to my very first trip to Bs As. She agreed on my first trip with my wingman, to accompany us to our apartment check in. She helped us with our language problems during our check in and has done so much to help us both ever since. I have watched her business grow from almost nothing to a pretty thriving business now. I am happy I was able to help you.

Coach

+ Submit Report
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Posting Limitations