This blog is moderated by Balls Deep

CLOSED / Forever

Must be bad Karma from my last post.

Food became subsequently worse and more expensive.

I did not bother posting. Too late now.

Never more.

Horrible Service! Ripped Off !

I've been cruising China Town quite a bit lately. Have been on a diet which chop suey conforms to well. Have been disappointed Lotus was never open for lunch. Today it was. They had a 3 course lunch with beverage for 28/40/50p. The main course determined the price. Food was excellent.

Service was unacceptable. My last post I said the service was not bad considering the place was full. I qualify that with the fact I had 2 very interesting dinner companions and we were in no hurry. There were 2 waitresses. Today, the place was full and there was but one waitress for 12 tables. She was hostess, cocktail waitress, food server, bus person and cashier while her fat ass boss sat behind the bar and doled out a few drinks like they were golden cadillacs. And indeed they were!

I got my bill and there was an 8 peso surcharge for water. I protested as it was my only beverage which is inclued. Her explanation was that water is not a beverage. Tea or coke or wine is a beverage, water is not and is 8p extra. I ask since when is water not a beverage and she reaffirmed it was not because it is water.

Phuck that Phat Ass ***** behind the bar who's too cheap to hire help. I hope she's someones sister so the word gets back.

Two Thumbs Up!

I have been going to a series of concerts at the Jewish Temple on Arribenos. Since I was an invited guest of one of the musicians, I reciprocated by inviting her for dinner in China Town after the last concert. She was elated to choose the Lotus because none of her associates will eat there fearing it would be too spicey.

I let her order for both of us and asked her to keep in mind I'm also skittish of those little hot peppers. She did very well. Mixed Satay (6 brochettes) Pad Thai, and red curry with salmon and shrimp, with all the hot stuff on the side. A bottle of wine and 2 bottles of water set me back 220 pessos. Beat the hell out of those greasy spoon Chino joints. I might add, the service was not too bad considering the place was full. I shall return.

Excellent Thai Food

http://www.restaurantelotus.com.ar/index2.htm

I have been visiting this place since last year.

The food has got better than last year.

I can convincingly say that the quality of the food is many many notches above that of Empire Thai, its competitor.

Eg yesterday evening, I had "Tom yan"

Clear shrimp soup with lemon grass, lime leaves, mushrooms and chillies.

And for desert, I had "Khao Nieo Mamuang"

Mango slices with sticky rice in coconut milk.

Both excellent and well prepared.

Being a frequent traveler to Bangkok and repeatedly been eating authentic Thai food(most of it sold on the streets of Bangkok) for over 20 years now, I can say these guys are doing a great job.

However, the service is very very poor. I can not blame the waiters. The owner has been stingy in just keeping 2 waiters when the place clearly needs at least 3 waiters in a houseful scenario, which is the case most of the time.

Their is a waiting time even on a Monday night so its prudent to book a seat before you arrive there.

Its open in lunch time as well unlike the last year.

Food wise, you will not regret. Service is pathetic!

Lotus- Great Thai Restaurant- China Town

Lotus is fantastic & delicious. Peking Duck red curry is the best I've had, anywhere in the world. The place is English friendly, a clean visible kitchen and great location, 1.5 blocks from the Belgrano Station (Tigre Line) train.

Arribeņos 2265 - Ciudad de Buenos Aires.

Tel: 4783-7993/156628-0529

Oleo Guide review- http://www.guiaoleo.com.ar/detail.php?ID=5756

Posting Limitations