Thread: Familiar USA Supermarket Brands

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
This blog is moderated by AllIWantIsLove

Italian sausage?

Does anyone know where one can buy Italian sausage like they sell in the states? Hot, mild, sweet? I found some once in a Disco, I bought all they had but they never restocked!

I just found a better source for Peanut Butter. There is a deli called La Jamoneria in Belgrano at Vuelta de Obligado 2301. There were two kinds, both creamy. One kind is all-natural where you have to stir in the oil and the other was with emulsifier additives similar to Skippy or Planters. This is the only place I have found all natural peanut butter, which I prefer. The best part is that it is locally made in Cordoba so it is only $8.65 for a 16 oz jar. I recently paid $15 for an 8 oz jar of imported Planter's at Carrefour. The store has a website at www.jamoneria.com.ar and they have one other location in Palermo listed there. I haven't been to the other location so I can't say if they have the same products.

Carrefour-Pellegrini

For you fellows looking for many of the brands noted in this thread and living near downtown-don't overlook the Carrefour Express located at Pellegrini 1050. I think that's about a block away from Avenida de Mayo. On a corner and I can't remember the cross street. It's a much smaller space than the big Carrefours, but that don't keep them from stocking your favorite mustards etc. But no Heinze ketchup.

Hey Badman. I guess our deal is off?

Best Regards.

Smuler

Thanks for the tip

I am eating a peanut butter sandwich as I am typing this post. How I wish they have the diet variety as the calories will add up if I continue to eat five of this sandwiches everyday.

French's Mustard In Stock At Jumbo!

Went to Jumbo this morning. I guess the Jumbo execs finally recieved all my hate mail.

They finally have French's Mustard. Original yellow. I picked up around 8 of em (just in case) So if anyone has been looking for some, they have it now.

I also picked up some Lipton ice tea, Healthy Choice New England clam chowder and A1 steak sauce (all currently in stock)

Regards,

BM.

Quote Originally Posted by AllIWantisLove
    Has anyone found a place to buy SMALL amounts of pepper? Either pepper corns or I guess I'd even settle for already ground. I've seen only a few containers of pepper corns and they've haven't been huge but they've been large enough to last me for half a year, especially since I eat out about half the time.

Thanks, Bob
    I've purchased them at Jumbo and Carrefour.

Pepper

Has anyone found a place to buy SMALL amounts of pepper? Either pepper corns or I guess I'd even settle for already ground. I've seen only a few containers of pepper corns and they've haven't been huge but they've been large enough to last me for half a year, especially since I eat out about half the time.

Thanks,

Bob

Venues: 8
    Didn't find any French's mustard, but in Carrefour on Santa Fe I bought some Gray Poupon Dijon, Guilden's Spicy Brown Mustard, and Maille Dijonnaise a couple of days ago.

In addition, they had a lot of Skippy Creamy Peanut butter on the shelves.

Both American and Cheddar "Easy Cheese" (like Cheese Wiz, made by Kraft)

Bull's-Eye Hickory Smoke barbeque sauce.

Hunt's (as mentioned) both regular and salt-free.

Hunt's Original Barbeque Sauce.

5 or 6 different flavors of Newman's Own salad dressings.

Kraft Ranch salad dressing (believe it or not)

A ton of A-1 regular, and Thck and Creamy steak sauce.

Frijoles! For those of you who like beans. In a can...I bought 6...

I really like the Carrefour on Santa Fe (between Ayacucho and Riobamba). Not only do they have a lot of US brand name stuff like the above, but they also bag your groceries for you! Heh.

Out of stock

Quote Originally Posted by BadMan
    Jumbo still carries it. I just bought some at the beginning of the month (Planters creamy peanut butter to be exact) But when they run out, you have to wait until they restock. That can take weeks or months.

Just recently they had Newmans Pasta Sauce (mmmm) and Ceasar dressing. Now they don't have it, but they will in a couple weeks. They are out of A1 steak sauce as well. But I have an alternate source.

BTW. Always stock up. Whenever I see it I buy 2 months worth.

But this might help. Carrafour (the one on Santa Fe or the one in Paseo Alcorta) has A1 steak sauce, Hunts ketchup (very similar in taste to Heinz) they also had peanut butter last time I was in there (a week ago)

If anyone can find me actual American Mustard (French's to be exact) I will personally pay for your next session with any chica of your choice (no, not a u$ 300 girl from Black)

Now that stuff I haven't seen for months. Months.

Regards,

BM
    I guess you're right, we do have to stock up when we see those US foodstuff in the grocery shelves. It seems that I missed the peanut butter by a couple of days since Jumbo does not have it when I went yesterday.

I'm headed out to Walmart Constituyentes branch this weekend. I will check out their international section and post if I find anything interesting.

Badman,

One of my best friend's works for Reckitt Benckiser. They make French's mustard.

I can get you the stuff by the gallon.

Pm me.

Best Regards.

Smuler

Right on mustard report

I too was in Jumbo in January and found no trace of anything resembling a premium or acceptable mustard. On the subject of name brands, I spent about $50 or more on Evian which was prices about the same as in the US, What I found particulary odd or Argie was that the price for 1 bottle 1.22 liters I believe was the same price if you bought the case of 12. This might explain why chicas when you ask for the hourly rate and then say how about 3 or 4, they respond with the math of 1 hour times the request. Why not make a package deal.

I will pm BM next time I come through and will bring the dijon, although your offer makes it interesting, it would be my pleasure.

Jumbo still carries it. I just bought some at the beginning of the month (Planters creamy peanut butter to be exact) But when they run out, you have to wait until they restock. That can take weeks or months.

Just recently they had Newmans Pasta Sauce (mmmm) and Ceasar dressing. Now they don't have it, but they will in a couple weeks. They are out of A1 steak sauce as well. But I have an alternate source.

BTW. Always stock up. Whenever I see it I buy 2 months worth.

But this might help. Carrafour (the one on Santa Fe or the one in Paseo Alcorta) has A1 steak sauce, Hunts ketchup (very similar in taste to Heinz) they also had peanut butter last time I was in there (a week ago)

If anyone can find me actual American Mustard (French's to be exact) I will personally pay for your next session with any chica of your choice (no, not a u$ 300 girl from Black)

Now that stuff I haven't seen for months. Months.

Regards,

BM

Peanut Butter

I have been craving for peanut butter but so far have not had any luck in finding one. Jumbo used to have it on stock but for some reason they no longer sell it.

Anybody found one lately?

Teriyaki sauce

On some occassions, I have seen Kikkoman teriyaki sauce at this big supermercado named Casa China located in Chinatown. Its in Arribeņos st. Between Mendoza and Olazabal. Although they don't always have it on stock, you can ask from the owner and she will be more than happy to order one for you.

Posting Limitations