Thread: Are Chicas ever real?

+ Submit Report
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Goblin
    Thank you for replying again.

As a foreigner it is easy to get the wrong impression about Argentine women when you are confronted with nothing but so many P4P's immediately upon your arrival.

However there must be a disproportionate number of working girls in BA because other cities in the US with similar demographics do not have such a large sex industry.

I also heard that both wages and career opportunities are limited for women and that a waitress may only make up to 20 to 50 pesos a night for example while a waitress in the US can support herself and an education if she plays her cards right. Is this true? 20 to 50 pesos?

It also seems again from my very limited perspective that P4P's are more accepted in Argentina and less frowned upon by the general public.

As for the cultural styles, an American would definately be at a disadvantage there, I have a European background but that is still something I would have to adjust to.

Shorts seem to be a definate no no in Argentina. Anyway that would probably be easy to get around in comparison to the language barrier or the ideological and phylosophical differences.

Are most women in Argentina housewives or do they seek careers? What is the proportion of men to women.

Final question, what is the cost of obtaining a passport in Argentina if you are a citizen of that country?

Goblin
    Goblin:

Most salaries (either for men or women) range between ARS 400 and ARS 1000. Divide that by 20 and you'll have the 20-50 daily salary range.

However, don't let these numbers fool you. In Buenos Aires, most people at their 20s (even at their early 30s) live with their parents, and public university doesn't require tuition, so even if you made ARS 400, you can support yourself and your studies since you only need money for some food, clothes, fun and transportation.

Your question about women who seek careers or staying at home is tricky, because it depends on the social class and family culture. The clear trend for middle and upper-middle class women is that they want to seek their own career. They are a clear majority at Medical (8 female to 1 male) and Psychology (the extreme: 47 to 1! Schools and they make up to 50% at Engineering school of UBA.

Proportion of women to men are roughly 50.7 to 49.3 or such, but that number is misleading. Many woman coming from middle-class families of the provinces settle in BA once they finish their careers, so BA may have a much higher proportion of lonely women then the whole country.

Last time I renewed my passport, it costed me ARS 130 (2002)

Hope this helps,

Andres

Relationships between people with different socio-economic backgrounds are hard. Relationships between people from different cultures are even harder. But then almost all worthwhile relationships involve risks and hard work.

That's not a license to be either blind or stupid but you are the only one here that knows if the reward is worth the risk. The percentages might be against you but probability is not certainty. Just remember that hope is not a plan and that a relationship based on your money and her economic need is unlikely to be the basis of anything lasting.

Suerte!

Goblin.

I don't think you are naive. The exact same happened to me on my last trip.

I was there about a month ago and I am still in contact with the girl today. I am sincerely hoping that we stay in touch until I am there again in May.

I was pretty skeptical at first but am really surprised to find out that she came through with all her promises to remain in touch with me once I returned home. I spent 5 of 7 nights with her. And I knew she wasnt faking her feelings for me when she started meeting me outside of the boliche. Unlike you we did not have hours of tears upon my depature, but we did spend quite a bit of time alone and it very similar to saying goodbye to a real girlfriend. GFE was also an understatement for me as she wasn't really faking anything.

I also realize that this is a very pretty girl, and there are many attractive men in argentina. So why is she that interested in me? Not that I'm ugly. But this girl is from a poor background in the provincias and I have money and I know that this is a major component of it. So while I have no problem with giving her "gifts" while I am there, I do have limits. I won't spend more on her than I would with any other hooker. On the other hand, the service she provides to me is so good that it is worth it in my opinion. My only advice to you is. Just be cautious. Don't get pussy whipped and then get suckered into giving her large sums of money. You hear too many stories of guys falling in love with hookers and getting dumped as soon as the girl doesn't need the guy anymore. These girls are very talented at manipluating feelings of affection, so I say enjoy it, just don't become a sucker. Also, don't listen to the guys that will post that it isn't possible to have real genuine feelings with a hooker. I was in your shoes and I know it is possible. And they are just a bunch of jaded assholes.

And my future plans with her have nothing to do with a normal relationship. I plan to have fun with her, perhaps spend a lot of time with her rather than frequenting the boliches, and leave it at that. I think it would be a little stupid on my part to have expectations for a normal relationship. I suggest you nip those types of thoughts now if you are having them. So enjoy the genuine connection but just do not start getting serious about her. From everything I've heard, it's a bad idea to bring foreign women into the USA to marry them. They seem to just evolve into typical AW's. And. Do you plan to live in Argentina? Probably not. So exactly what type of serioius relationship could realistically occur even if you wanted it to?

So in conclusion, just remember that a big reason she probably likes you is because you're a rich gringo. Just don't let her use that against you in the long run.

Interesting

Thank you for replying again.

As a foreigner it is easy to get the wrong impression about Argentine women when you are confronted with nothing but so many P4P's immediately upon your arrival.

However there must be a disproportionate number of working girls in BA because other cities in the US with similar demographics do not have such a large sex industry.

I also heard that both wages and career opportunities are limited for women and that a waitress may only make up to 20 to 50 pesos a night for example while a waitress in the US can support herself and an education if she plays her cards right. Is this true? 20 to 50 pesos?

It also seems again from my very limited perspective that P4P's are more accepted in Argentina and less frowned upon by the general public.

As for the cultural styles, an American would definately be at a disadvantage there, I have a European background but that is still something I would have to adjust to.

Shorts seem to be a definate no no in Argentina. Anyway that would probably be easy to get around in comparison to the language barrier or the ideological and phylosophical differences.

Are most women in Argentina housewives or do they seek careers? What is the proportion of men to women.

Final question, what is the cost of obtaining a passport in Argentina if you are a citizen of that country?

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Goblin
    Thanks for your input. I suppose however that this would apply even in a North American relationship situation when the pressures of everyday life are brought to bear.

It seems to me that life is more difficult in Argentina at least from an economic perspective but the people appear to be happier in their poverty than North Americans in their wealth.

From my yet limited perspective there appears to be less mental illness, drug abuse, or depression among all levels of society in Argentina regardless of the current conditions there.

A North American woman will eventually attack you regardless of what you provide for her and stab at you from the very lap of luxury you have created for them.

I'm thinking that it might be easier for a North American male with good finances to work through the difficulties of Argentinian life with an Argentinian female than with some North American warhog in his own country.

Although from what I am reading in other posts in this forum is that the women of Argentina are not as reliable, are more fickile, and less organized than American women. It also appears they lack focus. This true?

Well if they are at least family oriented then I suppose they will also be oriented towards you if you were to become part of their family.

Goblin
    Goblin:

Basically, what you say is right. My experience from both sides is that Argentinians are less prone to drugs and alcohol despite the loose control performed by the police. Also, teenage suicide is more common in the US than in Argentina.

In any case, remember that, as a foreigner, you will have to offset the lack of knowledge of the country and its customs to retain a girlfriend. Argentine girlfriends expect local guys to be well groomed, aknowledgeable of many fine issues (wine, gastronomy, or music) and have a great taste and class related to clothing. A girlfriend would like to be proud of presenting you to their female friends.

Girls reported on this website work mainly on P4P, not a highly seeked profession and far from representing the typical Argentine woman. In average, the local girl has a clear idea of what she wants, is very reliable and organized. If she succeeds in getting what she wants, is another issue.

Hope this helps,

Andres

Gringo chica vs Argentina chica

Thanks for your input. I suppose however that this would apply even in a North American relationship situation when the pressures of everyday life are brought to bear.

It seems to me that life is more difficult in Argentina at least from an economic perspective but the people appear to be happier in their poverty than North Americans in their wealth.

From my yet limited perspective there appears to be less mental illness, drug abuse, or depression among all levels of society in Argentina regardless of the current conditions there.

A North American woman will eventually attack you regardless of what you provide for her and stab at you from the very lap of luxury you have created for them.

I'm thinking that it might be easier for a North American male with good finances to work through the difficulties of Argentinian life with an Argentinian female than with some North American warhog in his own country.

Although from what I am reading in other posts in this forum is that the women of Argentina are not as reliable, are more fickile, and less organized than American women. It also appears they lack focus. This true?

Well if they are at least family oriented then I suppose they will also be oriented towards you if you were to become part of their family.

Goblin

Goblin:

As an Argentinian who live (d) in North America, it is positively true that Argentinian girls are much more "human" than women raised north of the border.

However, you didn't experience a truly "ordinary, everyday life" experience with an Argentinian woman. It happened inside a vacation frame and, at the start, with money transactions involved. And, last but not least, with an expiration date.

Your girl may or may not have been simulating. What it is certain is that a limited timeframe for a laid-back experience is far from the everyday reality of a couple dealing with typical problems of Argentinian families (meeting both ends of the month, workplace harrassment, shifting expectactions, etc)

Also, human beings get used to good things very fast, giving them from granted and seeking for more. What is marvelous today may boring and not enough tomorrow.

Maybe depressing, but real.

Hope this helps,

Andres

Are Chicas ever real?

Didn't really know what to expect from a recent first time excursion to Argentina and also did not realize that it is a major destination for sexual tourism where hustlers solicit sexual services at every street corner.

Posting Limitations