Thread: Taxi Ripoffs

+ Submit Report
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
This blog is moderated by Jackson

Taxi ripoff

I decided to head over the Cabana Las Lilas for my last supper here in BA before I fly out. The food and service were great (Thought the 15p per person cubierto sucks)

Outside there are a line of taxi's, and I grudgingly decided to grab one. The taxi driver seemed to be deaf, and I had to repeat the address 3 times.

Driving there, the other taxi driver had gone out of the way a few blocks, but nothing major. It had cost 5.72 pesos or such.

Going back, we're only 4 blocks from Puerto Madero and it's already over 5 pesos. WTF?

By this time, I know I'm dealing with a fixed meter. It seemed about twice as much as a normal one. The guy almost hit two pedestrians, and one other taxi on the way there. The fare was 9.64p (He didn't go out of the way at all)

I have all my 5+ peso bills in a money clip, and pulled out a 10 peso note. He then starts to hand back a two peso bill and told me I gave him the wrong bill. I told him he was wrong, he just shrugged, and went on his way. It's bad enough he nailed me for double the correct fare, but then trying the old switcheroo too?

I doubt you'd ever get this guy, but he's the fattest taxi driver I've seen in BA. The wheel can barely turn when he's in the seat. He also has some dash mounted guages on the passenger side of the car.

Administrator

Venues: 398

Taxi Ripoffs

Thread Starter.

Posting Limitations