Thread: Kilkenny

+ Submit Report
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Retired Member

Arrow

I was only in their once.

The place was so fucking noisy I had to leave.

Its one of those places that everyone go's too because everyone's there.

Screw it, Ill take Cafe Excedra over Kilkenny anytime.

Exon

Hunt is 100 percent correct. I cannot stand overcrowded loud places and do not frequent Kilkenny. I think that is the place where the two drunk Brits took the Argentine flag, stomped and pissed on it. They got some jail time and made all the papers.

There are better and more civilized places to visit, but if you must experience the cattle call give it a try.

Question British guys

I doupt I have met 100 obnoxious middle-aged BRITISH guys in my entire life,

Is there 100?

For what its worth, Kilkenny was THE SHIT when I moved here 5 years ago. I used to go there on weekdays after work still in my suit and tie as did many locals. There were so many hot, young, available nonpros and I probably pulled more wool out of that place than any other in the world. It was crowded, but not trample-crowded.

About 2 years later, KK morphed into what it is today. There are often rough, nasty prostitutes and 100 obnoxious middle aged British guys in there. The "class" of the local patrons really declined, and I don't consider myself a class-conscious person. Possibly this is due to KK's location in a borderline seedy area or because the Irish Pub fad wore off in South America.

I havent been there in more than a year. There were occasionally good nights, but Hunt99s description is mostly accurate.

Shamrock remains a classic though. Lots of great girls, sometimes you shoot the shit with an American comrade at the bar, and excluding a few peak times the crowds arent so bad.

I was in the Kilkenny on my last trip.

The best way I can think to describe it is as follows:

Remember back to your college days. Now remember what Friday nights were like on campus. Recall the hardest-drinking fraternity on campus. (You know, the one with a keg in every room, and no adult supervision?) It's party time at Delta House. Now stuff Delta house with enough students so as to double its actual capacity. Fire all the wait staff except the people behind the bar. Remove all the tables and chairs not already filled so there is nowhere to sit that's not already occupied, and institute a rule that all those people stuffed in the frat house must both shout at the top of their lungs and fail to wear deodorant. In addition, everybody is drinking whatever beer that is currently on 2-for-1 special (on my visit it was bottled Steinlager). The people in the crowd will push you and bump you as they fight their way up to the bar. (This is not entirely unpleasant when the bumper is a chica in jeans and a tank top - and they're all in jeans and tanktops, even those that probably shouldn't be.) However, keep in mind that on her return trip, she will spill drinks on you (she's carrying four drinks - remember, it's 2-for-1 night, and she got drinks for her friend in addition to herself). Oh, and there may some "music" blaring even louder over the din.

That's the Kilkenny. You may enjoy it. I would have if I was still a pimply-faced 20 year old frat boy.

kilkenny belongs under bars / restaurants

The Kilkenny is an interesting establishment because its patrons are a heavy mix of portenos and extranjeros, professoinal and non-pro chicas. On any given night, there are always MANY young Americans in this place, as it is a big time expat hangout. In my opinion, this place is one of the best and one of my favorite places in Buenos Aires for meeting hot regular Argentine girls because they often come to this place for the very purpose of meeting and hanging out with extranjeros. I have made some of my top scores of regular portenas out of this joint. One of the issues I do have with this place is the ridiculous crowds that make this place almost impossible to get into after 10pm on a weekend night.

In addition, the utility of the Kilkenny goes beyond the presence of hot available chicas. This place attracts many English speaking Argentines, and thus is a good place to do some networking with the locals. I have picked up some students (I teach english) here by just striking up conversations with random people.

Dirk
    Last edited by Rock Harders; 01-16-06 at 23:40. Reason: spelling mistake

Kilkenny

Before the tragic fire at the Cromagon Club, Kilkennys used to have a live music licence, unfortunately it has now been revoked.

IMHO they had some good bands singing in English.

I have noticed there are a lot more girls working in there now, but you have to remember these girls are 100% freelance so back at your Hotel / Apartment just be a little more cautious.

I had 2 young college girls trying to raise their spending money for a vacation, they could only have been 18/19 max, very cute.

Of course the old dogs are still working there, but they don't even approach me any more, thank f. K!

FH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kilkenny 2006.jpg‎  

Posting Limitations