Thread: Kansas

+ Submit Report
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
This blog is moderated by Moore

Talking Hey, in fact pretty fair!

I didn't realize the general manager was an El Alamo frequenter! Well, like I said the place was professionally run!

Retired Member

The General Manager is an American by the name of Dave as I recall.

He was hired by the Owners of Kansas from the Houston's chain and paid every big bucks to move to Buenos Aires and run the two places.

I met him one night in El Alamo with his "Hottie" Argentine girl friend whom is an employee of his, she speaks perfect English and very, very doable.

Hes a very nice guy.

Exon

Kansas

Accepted an invite to Kansas in San Isidro last night. I understand there is also one in Palermo. The place is a complete replica of the Houston's chain in the states, from architecture to menu. You have to wonder if Houston's is getting a cut of the action, and if not, why there has not been litigation. I had the ribeye with baked potato (a la carte) The food was very average, particularly given the price ($28p for the steak) The dessert (cheesecake) was bland. I will say the service was pretty good, and it looks like the place is run professionally. Overall, unless you have a major jones for comida americano I would avoid. Caveat-based on my one visit. Others may have better luck. Suerte.

Note that they do not take reservations. I concur with Moore's review and would additionally recommend the smoked salmon appetizer and also the salmon entreé. They have Isenbeck on tap and a good selection of vodkas. The prices of hard liquor are somewhat less "reasonable" than the prices in general. The green salads are a good value. The hostesses are smoking hot. The men's room is gorgeous. This place has an open kitchen and although I always avoided those in my culinary career due to my less than salubrious vocabulary, it's fun to watch the broiler cooks here on a busy night. Clean place. Walking distance to Nuevo Estilo, too.

Kansas

Kansas is an American style restaurant (run by an American I believe). The place and menu are basically a carbon copy of Houstonīs in the US. I wouldnt recommend going there if youre American and only visiting Argentina for a short time since you can get this kind of food everywhere Stateside. But for a long term resident like myself I like going there from time to time to have BBQ ribs, cole slaw, club sandwiches, loaded baked potatoes, iced tea, etc. All prepared just as if in Houstons. Prices reasonable, cool upscale American style place with a bar section and sports TV. Located on Libertador right by the horse racing track. Theres also one in Martinez much further away. Open from about noon to midnight continuosly, so if you wake up at 4pm you can always go there for lunch at 5pm while everything else is closed between Argentine lunch and dinner times. Very crowded on weekends.

Posting Limitations