Thread: Goblin's Opinions

+ Submit Report
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
This blog is moderated by Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler
    Mongers-

If the average Chileno or Argentino knew to the extent that I know of the role of the US government in installing and maintaining the Pinochet and Videla / Viola dictatorships, they would hate the Americans as much as Arabs do. If Henry Kissinger ever traveled to Chile, I am almost certain he would be arrested for his crimes committed against the Chilean people.
    I'm fairly certain that they do know, quite possibly more than you. Ask them (chilenos / argentinos) about it. There was a serious cause for those interventions.

I don't think anyone is claiming perfection here. My opinion, however, is that if you are truly embarrassed about your nationality, then you should take some kind of action.

Mongers-

Got to agree with Dickhead on this one. It is flat out embarrassing having to admit my citizenship sometimes and field questions about the United States asinine foreign policy. I recently graduated with a a BA in International Relations, and I can tell you with reasonable expertise that the US has frequently acted in very evil ways and seriously ruined the lives of people living all over the world with various tentacles of its miscalculated realist and neorealist foreign policy. If the average Chileno or Argentino knew to the extent that I know of the role of the US government in installing and maintaining the Pinochet and Videla / Viola dictatorships, they would hate the Americans as much as Arabs do. If Henry Kissinger ever traveled to Chile, I am almost certain he would be arrested for his crimes committed against the Chilean people.

When people proudly speak of the US as the "world's army" and buy into the flat-out propaganda that the US is spreading "freedom", "democracy" and "rights" while they operate what Amnesty International refers to as the "Gulag of Our Time" in Guantanamo Bay, it really pains me. If I havent had electricity, potable water, or any government services to speak of in 3 years, as the Iraqis have, I too would be preparing for Civil War.

Keep Tabs on Your Government,

Dirk Diggler

I am flat embarassed to be estadounidense right now, and I hope I never have to return to living in the country of my birth. Anyone who wonders why need only read this thread.

Iraq = Vietnam = Guatemala in 1954 = Mexico in 1845. I take no position on capitalism vs collectivism but imperialism and colonialism suck for sure.

Live and let live.

4. 03-03-06 02:00

Occasionall mistakes?

Quote Originally Posted by Moore
    Yes, when an entity is progressive and pioneering (not a "has been"/ spectator like UK) it will occasionally make mistakes with its new endeavors. The discovery of America itself was a mistake.

Of course the USA is the world's army and has been for quite some time, duh. It protects weaklings that can't protect themselves like UK.

Too bad we didn't "lose" England like we "lost" Vietnam. If only we could switch.

Hi Mpexy. Can't Touch This
    The list just gets longer and longer.

FH

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Goblin
    Maybe the problems is your interpretation of perversion. Once again I'm not preaching, there is a big difference between pointing out the downside of moral decay and the preachings of Pat Robertson. You're just overly sensitive to anyone refusing to endorse sexual vice.

I have an interest in Argentina that goes beyond merely having sex with chicas and this board offers lots of good information not directly related to sex with chicas, other than that I have no use for a monger board but it seems a monger board has found a use for me.

Goblin
    Coincidental I am sure.

England controls the US

Well I think it's the other way around, England doesn't want to lose the US doing all their dirty work.

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Flexible Horn
    So whats with the USA now, what are you the world's police and the World's Army.

Please, I can think of one place your involved in (Military speaking) that's turning out to be a nightmare for the USA.

FH
    Yes, when an entity is progressive and pioneering (not a "has been"/ spectator like UK) it will occasionally make mistakes with its new endeavors. The discovery of America itself was a mistake.

Of course the USA is the world's army and has been for quite some time, duh. It protects weaklings that can't protect themselves like UK.

Too bad we didn't "lose" England like we "lost" Vietnam. If only we could switch.

Hi Mpexy...Can't Touch This

My outlook on life is realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggboy
    You sound like some unholy combination of Ralph Nader and Pat Robertson. What (in God's name) happened to you? I am shocked at your perverse outlook on life. What possible use could you have for a "monger board", other than venting your well stocked spleen?
    Maybe the problems is your interpretation of perversion. Once again I'm not preaching, there is a big difference between pointing out the downside of moral decay and the preachings of Pat Robertson. You're just overly sensitive to anyone refusing to endorse sexual vice.

I have an interest in Argentina that goes beyond merely having sex with chicas and this board offers lots of good information not directly related to sex with chicas, other than that I have no use for a monger board but it seems a monger board has found a use for me.

Goblin

Smile Let it rest in peace

Quote Originally Posted by Goblin
    Now the fastest growing thread. "Nothing to contribute to this forum".

Goblin
    Amen. It had pretty much reached the lowest common denominator. IMHO.

Talking Goblin's opinions.

Now the fastest growing thread. "Nothing to contribute to this forum".

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by El Aleman
    I never claimed that our European system is perfect, to the contrary, I said that we are facing big problems.

And Hunt: the freedom you seem to be so proud of (and which has been, past tense deliberately chosen, the outstanding feature of the American system) is fading away rapidly, taken in the post 9/11 hystery by your own government, surrendered by your people in exchange for the mere hope of enhanced safety. History will show if that was a good deal. I doubt it.

And about the future of European culture - this culture survived centuries, has been spread to other continents, and - will persist.

El Alemán
    You're right about 911, it was subversive government setup.

It's the decline of the American empire, the purpose is to reduce the US into the European standard of liberty where not a single country enjoys a constitution or inalienable civil rights and where patriot act type government powers have existed for decades.

Until that happens however the US will continue to enjoy the highest standard of living in the world, at least from an economic perspective if you disregard its culture and don't eat fast food.

Multiculturalism is also just as pervasive in the US as it is in Europe. In fact Americans are far more tolerant of foreigners which is why they all prefer to go there. Not to mention that the US / Mexican border basically no longer exists.

Goblin

Flaming Sailor

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor
    What makes you say this? "I know what I'm talking about"? There are many people living their whole life in Europe / US of A, and these people still don't know where they are talking about! Bit of a strange way to try to justify your credibility!

I agree with my Eastern neighbor, a lot of things which are "for free" in most European countries make Europe completely different from the US of A. Therefore trying to compare these two is almost impossible.

I deal a lot with Americans and spend a lot of time in / near the US of A, and my opinion is that if you have sufficient money the US of A can be a nice place to live, but if you lack money there is no worse place to live.

I think it is sad that a lot of families do not have sufficient health insurance because it is too expensive. That is wrong.

Also with the spending drift of your president / government there is no poorer civilised country in the world then the US of A. If you have a look at the link FH posted earlier (http://brillig.com/debt_clock/) you will see that there is something wrong with your governments financial policy.

OK, there is no perfect country on this planet, but to advocate the US of A superior to all other countries on this planet is a bit too patriotic to me.

I am from the country which a lot of people consider "the best" because of the countries policies regarding (soft-) drugs / prostitution, but there are also a lot of things which are not good at all here.

But as El Alemán already stated "So, be careful, don't compare American Apples with European Pears." it takes a lot more then a "superficial" compare between the two.

Sailor.

(How many flames will I get for posting this?
    My generalization is not based on a superficial comparison. I have taken the differences into account and have lived in both countries to obtain my perspective.

Maintaining a middle class existence in Germany is as difficult as maintaining an upper class existence in the US. It doesn't just boil down to healthcare and social services which the German government abuses to tax the crap out of the German people.

Opportunities available to the industrious and intelligent in the US are not available in Germany where the upper middle class is now virtually extinct. I understand that unemployment for even highly skilled and qualified people in Germany is extremely high.

So when I'm saying that the US has a higher standard of living it is relative to German expectations of individual performance standards.

If the US had the labour force of Germany it would be receive an unprecedented economic boost, just take a look at what Diamler has done for Dodge when all those engineers were wooed into the US and take a look at the decline of the Mercedes line in kind.

What I'm saying is that a German would have a much higher standard of living in the US than in Germany while a US citizen already living under the poverty line in the US would not be able to survive in Germany at all.

Goblin

Worlds Police Force.

Yes Herr Aleman, it spread like a tank thru Poland, other E European countries, France, Holland, etc until the USA decided that perhaps such culture should be contained for the moment
    So whats with the USA now, what are you the world's police and the World's Army.

Please, I can think of one place your involved in (Military speaking) that's turning out to be a nightmare for the USA.

FH

You need to lighten up Mpexy, among other things. Such as quit stalking, obsessing, ranting, freaking, and whining. I'm getting various PMs about you and your obsession with me. I would list some of the comments I've received about you but that would be a violation of the profanity rule.

I'll say it again - I'm not interested in you. Can I make this rejection any clearer? No means no.

16. 03-02-06 21:21

Yes Herr Aleman, it spread like a tank thru Poland, other E European countries, France, Holland, etc until the USA decided that perhaps such culture should be contained for the moment
    Not only is this the most uneducated analogy you've posted that I've seen thus far, comparing a mad man such as Hitler to be a representation of European culture, it's also an insult to every European on this board to have you so foolishly attempt to link or compare Hitler's genocidal actions as the spread of European culture, much less that of overall Germany.

Posting Limitations