View Poll Results: What side trip from BA would you chose if you had to pick only one?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bariloche

7 33.33%
  • Iguazu

5 23.81%
  • Mendoza

4 19.05%
  • Cordoba

3 14.29%
  • Glaciers

2 9.52%

Thread: Side Trip From BA

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
This blog is moderated by Moore
    Funjob-

"But its more sad than funny, because its the "superior" liberal social engineer crowd which has created this vast sex prison."

I think you are WAY off on this remark- I know that it is easier to get laid, and that there are way more beautiful women in the NYC sphere and the Southern California zone, than from some Evangelical area of the south or midwest (also, way more fat women in midwest, south than in NYC and LA combined. People from this region are generally not religious, are liberals, and have an open attitude toward sex (compared to rest of USA) Who do you think invented the concept of witholding sex from men? The Fundamentalist Christians! There are none of those in NYC or Southern Cal areas. How can you blame LA (the mecca of plastic surgery and vanity / open sexuality) or NYC (fashion capital, crawling with beautiful women who spread their legs nightly to a different guy they meet on the town) for the USA becoming an alleged sex prison (which I don't buy into)

Suerte,

Dirk Diggler

amen brother

You tell it like it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Moore
    Good point Funjob. Generally speaking Id say you're much more likely to find a decent American woman in Carolinas, Texas, or even Cleveland. I like many "socially liberated" women that Ive seen / known in Europe (esp Mediteranean) and Argentina - it doesnt seem to negate their femininty / elegance / sexuality there. The NYC strain seems quite different.
    I agree with your point. Social liberation is good as long as it doesn't come at the cost of lost feminine identity. I love a hard working and independant woman who knows and appreciates that she's a woman, and is glad that I'm a man, and relishes in the difference. A smart and sexual woman is the the best! Hard to find in America, in cities or the country. I lived in Wash. DC for years, and now in Carolina, and I see little difference, with exceptions, in the women I meet. The culture is tainted overall, whether its the mongering life or the dating life. You have to wade through more money and more attitude. In my experience there's less of this, as you say, elsewhere.

Good point Funjob. Generally speaking I'd say you're much more likely to find a decent American woman in Carolinas, Texas, or even Cleveland. I like many "socially liberated" women that I've seen / known in Europe (esp Mediteranean) and Argentina - it doesnt seem to negate their femininty / elegance / sexuality there. The NYC strain seems quite different.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler

To pigeonhole my opinion.

...opinions are like assholes, everyone has one!

Suerte,

Dirk Diggler
    Thank you for that Dirk, now we know where your opinions come from. At least you're honest for an elitist.

But I guess us'uns hicks just don't know no better how to run our lifes right without you smart folks. An we shore do hafta have you edumacated fellers to tell us what to think.

My opinion (pigeonhole droppings) is that the left coast and the NE could slide into the ocean and not be missed but for their hilarious group-think entertainment value. But its more sad than funny, because its the "superior" liberal social engineer crowd which has created this vast sex prison.

What does this have to with mongering in AR? I'm tired of the sex prison chix our "enlightened" culture has created. By the time I get over the ball busting I'm not even interested in the de-feminized creature lying next to me, I don't care how hot her ass is. The same "progressive" social engineers (from the NE or West) who created this mess are responsible for the outcome, and I'm sure they've reconciled their life with a sexless drone, or are getting some nice trim on the side from south of the border. What's your favorite position here?

Not for me, I'll stay on the farm in Carolina and enjoy real women where I can find them, and will probably marry a latina one day, or at least a woman who's not from Oregon, or the State that elected Howard Dean or, for stupid's sake Hillary, what were you (not) thinking?

Sorry Dirk, you're probably a nice person, and I may be having a bad night.

Apologies, kind of.

Greg

(have all my teeth, and three Degrees, from nausea at your remarks)

Other Places In Argentina?

Damn guys I do need to visit Bariloche in the future one day for sure. Ushuia I would also love to visit. I would also love to do mongering in Southern Chile too. Now is there any mongering in the Falkland Islands / Islas Malvinas?

My Side Trip

I was there in November and only had time for one side trip. I decided on Iguazu, because it was pretty close, you don't need much time, and it was something I'd never seen before. Next trip (Mar, Apr. I'll probably go down to Bariloche.

Retired Member

Thumbs up

Bariloche and the surrounding towns around it are, IMHO, one of the most Beautiful places in the world.

I was their with Flexiable Horn about 18 months ago Fishing, it was awsume. I can't say enough good about the place. Its not much for Mongering but the Food, mostly Swiss or German was the best I've had in Argentina.

Come to think about the place, any Mongers want to go Fishing next month? Let me know.

Exon

Junin de los Andes - San Martin de los Andes - Villa La Angostura - Bariloche - El Bolson. Stay in San Martin one night, take the Siete Lagos route to Bariloche and stay two nights there. Sorry, no accent marks on this computer.

Dilly-Dallying DemocRAT

Buenos Aires is a first world city in the sea of third worldliness that most of Argentina wades.
    To pigeonhole my opinion as concluding that the rest of Argentina outside of Buenos Aires is a trailer trash shithole is downright ridiculous.
    That "sea of third worldliness" doesnt sound so nice, nor does the "real USA made up of trailer parks" that you claim it parallels. I would avoid both "interior" places based on your description, but of course I know that its wrong.

PS based on your recent geographic definition maybe I'm not trailer trash after all.

Moore-

To pigeonhole my opinion as concluding that the rest of Argentina outside of Buenos Aires is a trailer trash shithole is downright ridiculous.

You are right though about my feelings towards most of the USA- other than the west coast, the northeast, and the chicago sphere, I think the USA is a trailer trash shithole. The proof is in the pudding here. Take a look at statistics for graduation rates, incomes, gun ownership, and voting records. Although the areas I mentioned control probably 90% of the USA's wealth and educated / informed population, they unfortunately (IMO) do not control the government.

I am sure you do not agree with my assessment here, but you know what they say, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one!

Suerte,

Dirk Diggler

Dirk,

Your initial "point" was that USA and Argentina are similar in that outside of their "capital" cities (use NYC as capital here) they are trailer trash shitholes.

My simple point, which you are not acknowledging, is that you are deadass wrong on both countries.

The US "interior", everything outside of NYC, is about 97% of the US population. There is only a 97% chance that you guessed my origin correctly. Quite a wager.

PS Ask any argentino, the official word is that the hottest babes in Argentina are the Rosarinas. A very tough call but I can't argue against it.

Moore-

You are still either missing or refusing to acknowledge my point here. Nowhere in my posts did I say that NYC and Buenos Aires were equals, or even particularly similar in their individual characterisitics. The POINT is that they are each unlike any other place within their respective countries, and a false indicator of what life is really like in either Argentina or the United States. I also did not say that either Buenos Aires or New York are the nicest, or even my favorite places. My favorite USA city is San Diego as a matter of fact, as I have mentioned in this forum that I am a warm weather guy. In terms of hottest Argentine ladies, the official word on the street from my reliable sources is that the finest hail from Cordoba and Rosario.

A sidenote, I am guessing you originate from somewhere in the interior of the USA, because I clearly struck a nerve with my bashing of the populace of the average "heartland" American.

Suerte,

Dirk Diggler

No, most of that last post was not in jest.

As you insinuate, Chaco and Formosa are probably comparable to BFE Appalachia or Arkansas and I don't spend much time in any of them, nor are there many large cities there. Much of rural and smalltown BA, Entre Rios, Cordoba province is quite nice, you're using extremes with Chaco etc.

Arriving to the ouskirts of the city of Cordoba (second largest in AR) for example, I was immediately shocked by the excellent highway system there, far superior to BA, almost comparable to EEUU. The central city is much cleaner than BA and everything seems to be more organized and efficient. Beautiful parks, streets, buildings, etc. Excellent nightlife, activity, and walking streets (unlike 3rd world shithole Florida St in BA). Very few bolivianos or other folks digging thru the trash like in BA. I don't remember seeing any horse-drawn garbage carts like I've seen in "first world" Palermo either. As in many other provincial cities, there is even a (much) higher incidence of gorgeous, sophisticated young ladies running around Cordoba than in BA. Also, there is a strong university presence there.

There is only one Manhattan and there is only one Recoleta. There are many other excellent places, even better places.

Moore-

Obviously most of that last post is in jest- but you missed the point with my Buenos Aires-NYC analogy. Taking a walk around the finer neighborhhoods of Buenos Aires, it seems to be a fairly organized, modern and efficient place, at least at first glance- now compare that with the "houses with no windows and doors" that exist in the Argentine interior, and you see how Buenos Aires "finer neighborhoods" are an oasis of modern living surrounded by third world malaise in the provincias (Santiago del Estero, Chaco, Formosa, La Rioja, etc. I say that Buenos Aires Capital is as misleading to the "real" Argentina as midtown Manhattan is to what the "real" USA is like in a place like rural Mississippi or Louisiana. Obviously third world conditions exist within the city of Buenos Aires itself, just as slums exists in the parts of the Bronx and Brooklyn. To elaborate my point further, most Argentines do not live like the Portenos from Bario Norte, Recoleta, Palermo and Belgrano live- just as most Estadounidenses do not live like most people in Manhattan live.

Suerte,

Dirk Diggler

Posting Limitations