Thread: Mansion cuisine

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
This blog is moderated by Dickhead
    Today's the first time I can remember cooking three full meals in one day here. Breakfast was home fries with eggs over medium (any other form of fried egg was available too but I was tired of scrambled). Lunch was butterflied, grilled chorizos with cheese on French bread. For dinner I poached chicken breasts in chicken broth, white wine, tarragon and pepper corns. I then used the resulting reduced broth in a sauce with portobello mushrooms, white mushrooms, white wine and cream (well, some cream and some milk) I thickened it with a roux made with 50% butter and 50% oil. I laid the breasts tenderly on a bed of saffron rice (well, mostly tumeric but anyway it was yellow) and lovingly painted them with the sauce.

For those potential guests who may have concerns, I do strive to limit the fat content of my meals. I can cook eggs with very little oil, the grilled French bread was not buttered, and the sauce merely moistened the dinner; it wasn't swimming in it. Also, I attempt to serve nutritionally balanced meals when the meals are planned, which none of these were. I don't cook with a lot of salt, either. I try to have some kind of salad on hand at all times.

For tomorrow, the Captain said something about his famous coconut salmon, or something like that. The beef stroking off that he made for Rosie's birthday was mighty good.

Sunday I think I will make cordon bleu because I want to use the oven again. Then again I might not because I don't like veal, we had chicken tonight, and it's too far to go to get rabbit.

Tomorrow I think I will take the two chicken breasts I poached tonight that we did not eat and which I have cut into strips, and make a stir fry with brocolli and some soy. Heavy on the garlic. That will be lunch. Breakfast will be light but I think I will run the grapefruit through the juicer before I go to bed, if I don't get too drunk.

But if I get lazy lunch could be taking the (cold) chicken strips and dipping them in some of that Gulden's Spicy Brown mustard mixed with a little lemon juice.

Chilean Salmon

Hello Dave, Ben.

Dickhead we have never meet but I have heard alot about you.

It's been a while since I have posted but this subject is one I live with.

The Chilean Salmon is most definatley farmed seeing there wild species are protected and are only available for sport fishing with limits.

I was in Punta Arenas the day after I saw you last Dave. I didn't get to fish but I bought alot of salmon (Atlantic) while I was there.

Chile has 3 species they raise and export which are Atlantic, Coho and Salmon Trout (hybred)

Dave, the fish we saw at the market the day shopping was Atlantic which at current is selling at export wholesale levels of $3.35 lb ($7.38 kg. As a fillet trim c skin on.

Dickhead I hope some day to enjoy some of your cooking at the mansion.

Bowdie the fish monger

28 pesos today at Carrefour, but 32 the last time I looked a few weeks ago.

Salmon

I don't believe there is any wild salmon available here, at least commonly. Most Chilean salmon is "farmed", probably the best evidence is that the fish are all almost exactly the same size.

The salmon at Carrafour here in Vicente Lopez is cheaper (I haven't checked recently but last time I looked it was about 26 pesos / kilo) and VERY fresh. I was a commercial salmon fisherman for about 15 years, and I'm a little fussy - the fish there have bright red gills (the first thing to go) and the flesh is "springy" and not starting to come off the bones. My guess is they are no more then a few days old at most!

David

The pink / red salmon here is flown in from Chile and thus is pricey. No real way around it. Try merluza.

salmon prices

Dickhead-

I went today to San Antonio SeaFood (not San Francisco as previously posted) and bought a half kilo of salmon filet to cook for lunch. I was shocked to see that the price was $46 AR / kilo. At a retail fish market in the USA I pay $10 USD / pound, but I have seen it advertised at large fish markets in New Jersey for as low as $3.99/ lb. The only explanation for this is that the USA salmon is farmed (which I know it is) while the salmon for sale here is wild caught. Please fill me in on this, I eat salmon 4 times a week, and I don't want to pay $23AR everytime I want it, especially when I am doing the cooking myself.

Suerte,

Dirk Diggler

Red face

Shamed to report no after my moaning, but will. When I do I will be sure to report. See my post earlier today for a great, inexpensive pizza place in Barrio Norte.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggboy
    Papa, thanks for the report on Danzon, and the others that followed. I think I got the whole sushi thing started last week when I was bitching about local lack of sushi. Just getting back to you now. I was offline for a few days after my move.

Dog
    Did you end up at any of the sushi places discussed on the board? Any reports?

Those who prefer their fish cooked may enjoy my cooking. Those who like to eat raw fish most likely will not as it shan't be on the menu any time soon.

10. 03-21-06 19:07

I cooked the rest of the bife de chorizo with a nice mushroom and red wine sautee, and I also fired up the convection oven and cooked three large slabs of salmon, with a bit of fumet in the bottom of the pan.

I am impressed with myself because the steaks and salmon came out just right even though I only left the swimming pool once during the cooking process. I ate the salmon and not the steaks so I can't say how they were affected by having been frozen. Perfect pink mediums, all three.

Also I served spaghetti in salsa de fileto as a side dish but the chicas STILL bitched about not having any bread. I told them I never serve bread with pasta and then they started scouring the cupboards for crackers.

Thanks to Natalia of Jaz for doing most of the dishes. Also thanks to her for letting me suck on her tits even though I had no intention of paying to fuck her. She has a very good body but the three mansion guests who have fucked her so far are not impressed on a performance basis.

I think the Mansion Chica of the Month is probably my friend Roxana the barber. She gives an entire new meaning to the phrase "getting a little trim."

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Benito
    Sushi--medium to bad, served warm. Happy Hour = 6 pieces+copa blanco= 17 pesos. Prices up abot 50 per cent in 6 months. A very crowded, AR yuppie bar, smoke filled room, average chicas, at best! Good jazz from 7 to 9pm on Wed+Fri. After work early place from 6-11pm. Very similar to any USA yuppie bar, but uglier chicas.
    Papa, thanks for the report on Danzon, and the others that followed. I think I got the whole sushi thing started last week when I was bitching about local lack of sushi. Just getting back to you now. I was offline for a few days after my move.

Dog

Some were working, some were not. To the contrary, I have found several good girls, working. Usually, their family situations forced them into prostitution. You are confusing. You say only 3% of working girls are attractive / sexy. But, your posts indicate that you sex many. You say 50% of amateurs are attractive / sexy. In an old post of yours, you claim success with 95% of the amateurs that you date. Why would you ever sex working girls with your 95% success ratio with amateur? Possibly, you need working girl guidance-- better clubs, better privados, different internet websites, member recommendations, Roxanne, Capt Dick's tour, etc.
    I would think, Papa, that Moore's attitude parallels that of many of us: that sometimes you just want a quick roll in the hay and send the girl away, rather than having to play girlfriend games with an amateur. That you might have one doesn't exclude the desire for the other. I also disagree with Moore's percentages on the looks of working girls. Frankly, I don't see much difference between the typical BsAs WG and the typical BsAs girl I see walking on the street. It's all a matter of personal judgment, of course.

To get the thread back on topic, last Sunday I fired up the convection oven and made a good-sized quiche Lorraine, about 2.5 times the size of a pie-sized quiche in the US. I thought it came out pretty well although the next time I think I will get the bacon sliced by the butcher first. The convection oven works well so I will be using it more as the weather cools off.

The quiche and a salad and some munchies got 8 people to where we never even fired up the parrilla. So, last night I cooked six steaks for four people and I am going to use the leftover two in some other dish tomorrow.

I've got enough bacon for another quiche so maybe a Florentine would be in order.

I think Danzon is a great place, personally. You really don't go to a place like this for the food, but for the scene. There are plenty of good looking women in this place, IMO. However, this isn't the kind of place that the average short-term monger will want to hang out in.

A year ago I brought two lady friends in with me one evening, and proceeded to make out with them on one of the couches off in the corner. Got myself lots of admiring looks from the guys in the place, and a couple of dirty looks from the women.

Which was probably my intention. Heh heh heh.

In 3 years, I have never seen a stunner in there. Few are better than average. The best chicas have always been the chicas with me. Possibly we are on different levels?
    Maybe. I'm assuming that your chicas are working girls? I would classify maybe 3% of all working girls here as attractive/sexy, versus at least 50% of the young amateurs. In 5 years here I don't recall ever seeing a truly gorgeous working girl, whereas I often see several per minute walking on an average BA street.

Its fairly difficult, for instance, to find a scary, coyote fugly in the amateur population here. However, if you look at platynum.com there are hundreds of them (the vast majority), although many are imports apparently.

Unfortunately that seems to be the case in most countries. As lucrative and socially acceptable as it may be, the good girls don't end up as whoares. Usually the bottom of the barrel. But finding the rare diamond in the rough is part the fun I guess. And even if you end up bottom feeding in Argentina you're still beating most US warhogs.

Posting Limitations