This blog is moderated by Bold Focker
    There are 86 hundred trillion bazillion places in Bariloche to rent all sorts of camping gear. And, thank god, they are not "big chain stores." Don't even give it a second thought. Don't even damage your brain trying to arrange it from the UK. It would be like me worrying in advance about arranging bangers and mash from Argentina if I were planning to visit the UK again. Or crumpets. Or fog and drizzle.

Red face

You are of course spot on it does start from Bariloche, but I would be much happier if I could arrange this before I get there from The UK.

Do you know of anyway that I could contact them there, are there any big chain stores, that would have store in BA and Bariloche.

We start in Bariloche and end up in BA!

Quote Originally Posted by Dickhead
    Certainly. The camping / hunting / fishing stores are clustered in an area in Congreso very near to Rivadavia and Parana. However, if you are going on a long organized camping trip in Argentina and Chile, I rather suspect you will be starting from Bariloche and that would be an even better place as far as renting is concerned.

Certainly. The camping / hunting / fishing stores are clustered in an area in Congreso very near to Rivadavia and Parana. However, if you are going on a long organized camping trip in Argentina and Chile, I rather suspect you will be starting from Bariloche and that would be an even better place as far as renting is concerned.

Camping gear purchase & rental

I have a chance of a organised camping trip through Argentina and Chile for 23 days. But I need some camping gear, ie sleeping bags amd thermarest which are too big to bring from the UK.

Does anyone know of a shop where I could rent or buy these items in BA.

An email or website or telephone number would be good.

I need these quick as the trip starts on the 11/03/06, but I need to know before I book, that these items are available in BA!

Posting Limitations