Thread: Goblin's Opinions

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
This blog is moderated by Goblin

To Goblin.

Do you also listen to the Jack Bllod show? What about www.Davidicke.com what up www.newsmax.com They say lot of good stuff about the upcoming red manace coming from South America but praise Bush too much. Check out also www.Jeffrense.com David J. Smiths Newswatch Magazine is also a great site. Oh last but not least Texxe Marrs Power of Prophecy from Austin Texas where Alex Jones is from.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler
    Goblin-

The book is more of a history of the common conspiracy theories that existed or continue to exist in the popular culture of the United States. It sort of explains the origins and reasons behind the theories, and does so in a humorous light, so it doesnt really introduce any new material. I just thought it related to this thread.

Suerte,

Dirk Diggler
    I would suggest that anyone who takes such courses and reads those kinds of books is much more of a conspiracy theorist than I am.

Goblin

Goblin,

The book is more of a history of the common conspiracy theories that existed or continue to exist in the popular culture of the United States. It sort of explains the origins and reasons behind the theories, and does so in a humorous light, so it doesnt really introduce any new material. I just thought it related to this thread.

Suerte,.

Dirk Diggler

Conspiracy Theories

Well it sure would be nice if the US intelligence community's involvement in domestic terrorism was merely a "conspiracy theory". It sure would be nice.

Never heard of your book but I know that you can't just go by reading one book because it might contain alot of misinformation. Did you think it was credible?

Goblin

Goblin-

Since you are apparently such a hardcore conspiracy theorist, there is a book I was assigned to read several years ago that might be right up your alley. Its called Enemies Within: The Culture of Conspiracy in Modern America and the author is Robert Alan Goldberg. Some of the names of the chapter are "The Master Conspiracy", "The Rise of the Antichrist", "The View from the Grassy Knoll", "Jewish Devils and the War on Black America", "The Roswell Incident" and "Mainstreaming Conspiracy". The book is an easy read, maybe 300 pages, and could easily be done on a flight down to Ezeiza.

Suerte,.

Dirk Diggler

6. 03-08-06 17:25

Talking

Yeah, we didn't go to the moon either. All of the "moon" footage was shot in the pool I used to have in South Beach on orders from Curtis LeMay. I was bound and gagged by mixed breed jewish and palestinian terrorists financed by the Trilateral Commission. They contracted the dirty business to the Red Brigades who kneecapped mi perro favorito "Rin Once Once". My girlfriend at the time, "Mata-Waxed", was raped by Maori warriors impersonating investment bankers from Monaco. And they keep following me! Just yesterday I walked into my bathroom and there was George Soros taking a shit! Are you behind this Goblin! Are you!

Frothing at the mouth Dog

On US domestic policy

By Edward Safranski

There's an old Elvis Presley song that goes something like. I just can't go on, suspicious minds. Or something like that.

I thought of that song because I just heard that most or all of the airports in the country are experiencing shut downs or major delays. Supposedly it's because the mainframe computers that handle flight scheduling have gone down.

That may well be. However since it is a fact that our own government is behind every major "terrorist" attack against us, it is always advisable to view any "official" story with multiple grains of salt.

It is possible that the authorities are telling the truth and the computers actually did crash. It is also very possible that they are setting up the next "terrorist" attack in the near future and they just need some pretext in order to do some preparation involving aircraft and airports. I'm not an expert in airport operations so I can't think in terms of specific details. However the CIA, Mossad, and the traitors in the military who serve Dick Cheney and the Bush Crime Family are experts. I'm sure they can plan major evil events by shutting down the airports for a few hours, if indeed that is what is taking place right now. In these days of murderous traitors in the White House and at the highest stages of all government agencies, nothing can be taken for granted.

I am afraid that the 1st link must be credited to our UK brethren. Quite disturbing. War is hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Goblin
    A good example of the US implementing free markets and respect for private property in Iraq can be found right here.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles...rophyvideo.htm

Or here.

http://www.prisonplanet.tv/video/050204stolewood.htm

Looks like US foreign policy has finally been vindicated.

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Andres
    Moore:

I prefer to move in the field of facts, which proove that the ratio of Chileans living in Argentina to the total population are much higher than the ratio of Argentines in Chile to the total population. If Chile were a much better country to live, Argentines would settle there in flocks, and that's not happening (while that happens in relation to Peruvians)

Chile stands in a better position than Argentina in many aspects (financial system, some of its aspects Argentina is copying) but it is still a country with a non-industrial economic base and too much dispersion of wealth.

As of the number of hours worked per week, it is just a piece of info showing that the woking system isn't that enticing for someone who wants to balance lifestyle and work, all of that assuming that salaries are high enough. Productivity and number of hours worked aren't very much correlated.

As of pollution, it is jsut a way to say that people looking for a better work / life environment wouldn't like to live in a smog pit such as Santiago or Mexico DF.

Andres
    I agree. Have you ever been to Santiago? Its a sh_thole. Buenos Aires is much nicer. I mean Chile is a nice country overall, very beautiful, but the food is god awful and the women are not hot. Argentina is a much nicer place to live!

Quote Originally Posted by Moore
    Andres,

Are you sure that you're not letting general Argentine-Chilean (and Argentine-South American) prejudices, dislikes, and condescending attitudes hinder rationality here? I imagine these feelings might me exacerbated when such a county has leapfrogged its neighbor in terms of general success and progress. You seem to downplay Chile by calling it merely "less unstable" and "not as corrupt" as Argentina. This is somewhat like calling Switzerland "not as poor" as Haiti.

Air / water quality as a deciding factor? Come on. Would someone turn down a good opportunity in Los Angeles just because there is smog there? Places like LA and Santiago located on the Pacific and surrounded by mountains tend to have ventilation issues. I thought the air / water quality in BA was quite poor anyway.

100% of Americans are not wealthy – believe it or not there are sizeable sectors of poverty in USA like in Chile, but that does not disqualify said country from being a land of opportunity by any means. LBJs 1960s War Against Poverty program was not 100% successful but it that does not seem relevant here.

48 honest hours per week is a problem? That doesn't seem to be a good attitude for someone looking to get ahead. Besides, I would think that 48 legal hours in Chile would be preferable to 90 illegal, off-the-records, often unproductive hours in Argentina. The labor regulations are an absolute nightmare here, which may explain why so many people are "black" employees and much more effort is directed towards evading the law than complying with it (or changing it to a more reasonable system)
    Moore:

I prefer to move in the field of facts, which proove that the ratio of Chileans living in Argentina to the total population are much higher than the ratio of Argentines in Chile to the total population. If Chile were a much better country to live, Argentines would settle there in flocks, and that's not happening (while that happens in relation to Peruvians)

Chile stands in a better position than Argentina in many aspects (financial system, some of its aspects Argentina is copying) but it is still a country with a non-industrial economic base and too much dispersion of wealth.

As of the number of hours worked per week, it is just a piece of info showing that the working system isn't that enticing for someone who wants to balance lifestyle and work, all of that assuming that salaries are high enough. Productivity and number of hours worked aren't very much correlated.

As of pollution, it is jsut a way to say that people looking for a better work / life environment wouldn't like to live in a smog pit such as Santiago or Mexico DF.

Andres

This message is hidden because Goblin is on your ignore list.
    Probably the wisest thing I've ever read which was associated to Goblin's handle.

What a useful feature! Thanks, Jackson.

http://www.argentinaprivate.com/foru...hp?do=editlist

Respect for property rights and free markets?

A good example of the US implementing free markets and respect for private property in Iraq can be found right here.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles...rophyvideo.htm

Or here.

http://www.prisonplanet.tv/video/050204stolewood.htm

Looks like US foreign policy has finally been vindicated.

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler
    Moore / Hunt99-

I think that your mixed feelings on Pinochet and his tenure are similar to those felt by many Chileans on the subject. They view Pinochet as having committed heinous crimes, but some Chileans see those crimes as the price that needed to be paid in order to "straighten out" and improve the Chilean state. Chileans struggle with the Pinochet legacy in a way that Argentines never do with the legacy of El Proceso.
    Dirk, I have a very good friend who has spent his entire adult life in the international development arena, working both for the US government as well as various international development organizations. In discussing Iraq and the Bush Administration's foreign policy which has developed since 9/11, his observation was that spreading democracy is far less important than spreading the concepts of free markets and respect for private property. In essence, his idea is that not everyone cares about or is affected by political liberty, but that everybody has a stake in a growing economic system which encourages self-reliance and hard work. I'm toying with this concept personally, and see much to be positively said about it, which probably influences how I view Chile. My friend is a liberal Democrat, if that makes any difference when considering his opinion, but of course not of the dubious stripe which calls the President a second Hitler and his supporters Nazis.

Can a leader who manages to avoid directly killing 10,000 of his citizens, yet plunges millions of them into abject poverty (killing many just as assuredly as if he had put bullets into their brains), be said to be any better than one who provides generalized prosperity yet kills off the biggest opponents of his regime? Welcome Hugo Chavez, meet Mr. Pinochet.

Moore / Hunt99-

I think that your mixed feelings on Pinochet and his tenure are similar to those felt by many Chileans on the subject. They view Pinochet as having committed heinous crimes, but some Chileans see those crimes as the price that needed to be paid in order to "straighten out" and improve the Chilean state. Chileans struggle with the Pinochet legacy in a way that Argentines never do with the legacy of El Proceso. However, Pinochet's heinous crimes outweigh any positive aspects he may or may not have contributed. 10,000 unaccounted for persons is simply unacceptable.

Hitler invented the modern superhighway, hastened the rise of the German economy from depression, and indirectly moved the science of brain surgery perhaps 100 years ahead. He also facilitated the invention of serious rocket technology that led to the use of space for communications and other fields. However, nobody other than Marge Schott thinks that Hitler's legacy is anything but that of a truly evil murderer. Obviously Pinochet is no Hitler, and 10,000 is not 5 million, I think my point is made here. If you were a friend or relative of one of the 10,000 who is a "desaparecido", you wouldnt care about what Pinochet did for the Chilean economy.

Suerte,

Dirk Diggler

Quote Originally Posted by Andres
    Moore,

We should define clearly what "miracle" means. A better macroeconomic environment and a less unstable social and political frame? A better standard of living and of consumption for all social segments?

I lived and worked in Providencia and Las Condes districts of Santiago for several months. Indeed, they seem not to belong to South America. However, if you take a ride to those boroughs west of Santa Maria hills and far south of the Alameda you will find a sharp contrast, and both places are part of Chile.

I acknowledge that Chile has generally improved since 1986. However, such improvement didn't benefit on the same degree all social groups.

Behind the foreground of the seamingly Marxist-Capitalist dispute of 1970's Chile, there were several social divisions. Among them are those related to cultural issues (the global upraise of the youth during the late 60s vs the reaction of traditional values of a conservative country) and, above all, racial issues (Mapuche native descents vs European immigrant descents)

As of Argentinians living in Chile, it depends on many issues, some of which aren't very enticing. First, the legal working hours are much higher than in BA (48 hours per week) Second, air and water quality in Santiago leaves a lot to be desired. Third, a few positions for some professional profiles may provide better salaries, but the average salary isn't much better than in BA.

Andres
    Andres,

Are you sure that you're not letting general Argentine-Chilean (and Argentine-South American) prejudices, dislikes, and condescending attitudes hinder rationality here? I imagine these feelings might me exacerbated when such a county has leapfrogged its neighbor in terms of general success and progress. You seem to downplay Chile by calling it merely "less unstable" and "not as corrupt" as Argentina. This is somewhat like calling Switzerland "not as poor" as Haiti.

Air/water quality as a deciding factor? Come on. Would someone turn down a good opportunity in Los Angeles just because there is smog there? Places like LA and Santiago located on the Pacific and surrounded by mountains tend to have ventilation issues. I thought the air/water quality in BA was quite poor anyway.

100% of Americans are not wealthy – believe it or not there are sizeable sectors of poverty in USA like in Chile, but that does not disqualify said country from being a land of opportunity by any means. LBJs 1960s War Against Poverty program was not 100% successful but it that does not seem relevant here.

48 honest hours per week is a problem? That doesn't seem to be a good attitude for someone looking to get ahead. Besides, I would think that 48 legal hours in Chile would be preferable to 90 illegal, off-the-records, often unproductive hours in Argentina. The labor regulations are an absolute nightmare here, which may explain why so many people are "black" employees and much more effort is directed towards evading the law than complying with it (or changing it to a more reasonable system).

Posting Limitations