Thread: Santa Fe

+ Submit Report
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Santa Fe

I spent three nights in Santa Fe in March 2007. I was last there in March 2003.

I went to Club Privado each night this visit. The selection of chicas was similar in quantity, but much worse in quality than in 2003.

Nevertheless, I had one each night. The total cost, a drink, cover for the girl, motel room nearby, and her fee, was roughly AR$150 two of the nights and AR$200 the other. The first girl had a car and gave me a ride to the motel and back to my hotel afterwards. (NYX is the one I recommend, although it is not right by Club Privado, in contrast to a couple of other, cruddier ones.

The chicas were not the greatest looking, but we had a plesant chat beforehand in my miserable Spanish and they all were very enthusiastic and non rushed in the sack.

It's just a simple provincial town without the hassles and excitement of BsAs.

Great report Lexton, thank you. And very "well-padded"

I've been meaning to take a trip up there since the Parana river zone north of Rosario is uncharted territory for me. Ive met some girls from Santa Fe and Corrientes and, as Balul said, it seems that the breasts get bigger as you go north on the Parana. You know who the infamous Alexia is - she is from either Corrientes or Missiones Province, I forgot.

Santa Fe Trip March 2006

I went to Santa Fe to check it out since I am generally checking out the NE of Argentina. Balul assessed this city pretty well in his report of 10/08/03 in "Other Areas". I used his info to start. Thanks Balul. He doesn't seem to have missed much, unless I can't find it either. The city is basically quite boring.

I stayed here 8 days from about March 7-14. I had originally intended to stay 2 weeks, but left early.

Santa Fe is a plains city, with mostly 2 story buildings. It is on the river, but does not have a beautiful costanera (park along the river) like Corrientes, Formosa and Posadas have. There is not a view from the higher hotel rooms of anything much but the city buildings. I stayed on the 6th floor of the Hotel Conquistador, with an ugly view for $ar75 day large double. That is a good rate, but the room was nothing special, a little worn. The Conquistador is the 4th best hotel in town. The city is a little more prosperous version of Resistencia, which has no view either.

The best hotels are, in declining order, the Holiday Inn, Rio Grande, Hostal Santa Fe (4*, not a hostal) Conquistador (3*) Espaņa (3*) and Zavaleta (2*) For all except the Holiday Inn, the top double price is about $ar120. All these hotels are well positioned near the city center, within at most 4 blocks of the Peatonal (pedestrian shopping street) It is generally safe to walk all of this area at night. Exercise normal caution. There is a reasonable police presence. There are other hotels further downtown; the Castelar, Cervantes, and Corrientes but I don't really recommend their locations, especially for walking to nighttime activities.

There are 6-8 cheaper hotels of various grades in the 4-6 square blocks in front of the bus terminal. In the area of N-S streets Belgrano, San Luis and Rivadavia and E-W crosses Eva Peron, I. Freyre, and H. Irigoyen. It is very possible to stay in this area, well situated to the action and peatonal.

There is a Peatonal on Calle San Martin about 7 blocks long, from Eva Peron to Garay. It contains the usual stores and cervecerias with outdoor tables. It is to the south of all the hotels mentioned.

To the north of the hotel area about 5-8 blocks, there is a major E-W crossing commercial street defining the north side of the city center, Bv Pellegrini. North of Pellegrini goes downscale fast in the center and west part. In the 3 blocks up to and including Pellegrini, in N-S streets Rivadavia, San Martin, San Jeronimo, and 9 de Julio there are many cervecerias, especially on the corners. There are several university buildings in this area, with a major university building at Pellegrini and San Jeronimo. So there are many young people in these places.

There are several discos in town. There is "Oveja Negra" on 4 de Enero and "La Loca" on Urquiza esq. Catamarca, up near Pellegrini. There is a huge pool table bar with 4 bowling lanes called "Strokers" in the same general area, with many young people inside. Look in Friday's "UNO".

The wealthier area begins about Pellegrini and Rivadavia and points east and north. This is toward and along the river. There are several upscale restaurants in this area.

Balul is generally right about the restaurants. Like most of the provincial cities, the options are pretty rigid. There are cerveceria type places for lunch, nothing from 3-8, and the better restaurants open about 8-9. It is possible to eat all day in many cerveceria / cafe places, Argentina sandwich menu.

With more time, I was able to locate more action than Balul found, quantity rather than quality. The hotels, as usual, can call someone for you, probably around $ar100-$ar150.

There are ads for apartments, etc in both "El Litoral" and "UNO", maybe 10-15 each, with dups between them.

There are 2 clubs in town. "El Stud" is on the corner of Lisandro de la Torre and San Martin, toward the government buildings. A beer is $ar5 and a chica drink is $ar10. There were 4 women on Monday night, in the 5-6 range. Not real fat, just large and well padded. "Club Privado" is on the corner of Juan Garay and 1 de Mayo. On Monday, there were only 4 women, 5-6 range. On Tuesday there were about 10 women at 1:00 AM. They were in the 5-8 range if one likes women well padded. All heights from short to tall, many pretty faces. Again none real fat, just well padded. A beer here is $ar7, basic whisky $ar10, and all chica drinks $12, they tell me. I didn't ask about drinks to exit, I assume it is just one and didn't want to give them ideas, since I had no thought of leaving with anyone.

There is a brothel type hotel called Residential Las Vegas on I. Freyre between Belgrano and San Luis. There is usually a woman standing just inside the doorway. I talked to 2 different ones but didn't ask prices, I only asked if there were smaller women inside. They said no. There is a Hotel Rivadavia on Rivadavia between I. Freyre and H. Irigoyen. Usually there are a few women hanging around the doorway about 9-11 PM. Some women from this hotel also work the corners of Rivadavia and H. Irigoyen and Rivadavia and I. Freyre. This area is about 1 block in front of the bus terminal, which centers at Belgrano and I. Freyre. There is a quilombo type bar called "Clips"(a small lighted sign above the door) on H. Irigoyen between 25 de Mayo and Rivadavia. There are very fat and fat old women inside. I spoke to a woman in the doorway, but didn't enter or ask prices.

There are SW women working on 25 de Mayo, at the corners of H. Irigoyen, Eva Peron, and La Rioja, starting about 8:30 or 9:00. Maybe up to 4 or 5 total at times. This whole area and the bus station is within 5-6 blocks of all the hotels, mostly east.

There are women working at various corners along 9 del Julio (N-S street about 1-2 blocks W of the hotels) between about Eva Peron and Juan Garay. Nothing special, all 5-7 range. I saw at least one or 2 TV's. There were 4 women working one night at the corner of San Jeronimo and Tucuman, near the Hotel Rio Grande. They start in the 9 PM range and past 1:00AM. Overall, there is a fairly complete cross section of everything but spinners.

I walked the entire length of BV Pellegrini in prime night time and may have spotted someone working, but nothing significant.

I did not find the women of Santa Fe more or less attractive than other Argentine cities. I did see many attractive women constantly around the peatonal. A major difference between a large city like Buenos Aires and a small city like Santa Fe is diversity. Santa Fe has only one real shopping area, concentrated around a peatonal 7 bocks long. EVERYONE in the city of 350,000+ comes to this area when possible. Thus, one sees a mix of career working women, non-working mothers, college students and high school students mixed together. And from essentially all economic levels and ethnic groups. There are many attractive women constantly in this broad mix. In Buenos Aires each area, especially in Cap Fed, tends to be much more stratified with only a particular segment of the population. So, for example, one doesn't see young mothers so much in el centro.

I left early because for me the city had nothing worth investing time and effort in. I would sooner spend time and effort in more interesting and comfortable cities. I could not find a good cyber cafe for internet access anywhere near the hotels. I used one I did not like near the corner of Rioja and 25 de Mayo, near the hotels. There were more interesting cybers up around Pellegrini and the university area, but it gets tiresome walking the 8-10 blocks.

I had the feeling that with a population of over 350,000 there must be areas of the city where there were more women working the street or small bars. I tried to negotiate a taxi tour of the city without success. The drivers didn't seem to think there were areas to look at. I read an article in the paper that said the corridor in the west of the city and many barrios in the north were so dangerous that many companies would not make deliveries to homes in those areas. So that may have some bearing on the issue.

From the thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Balul
    Santa Fe.

I was there a month ago. I expected this city to be similar to Rosario, since it's only 2 hours between them, and almost the same number of people. However, I was dissapointed from this city. Not only from the girls scene, but also from the tourist point of view.

Clubs:

My taxi driver told me there is only one good club. It's very close to the centre, in the corner of 1 de Mayo and Garay. There isn't a big sign, only a small door with "club privado" written on it. There were about 10 girls in the club (about midnight) and only 2 guys. Like always, the female bartender was the prettiest, but she wasn't in the game. I talked with a girl there to learn some details, and left quite early since there weren't any interesting girls for me.

So, the details:

The club: "club privado", in 1 de May and Garay.

Girls: About 10 girls. Don't have the amateur look that I look for. Most of them were 5-6, maybe two can be regarded as 8.

Atmosphere: Not very pushy, but if you sit alone, probably the a girl will come and sit next to you, offering you to come upstairs to hearthe details. There isn't anything interesting upstairs, just more privacy. If you go to listen to the details, and then decide not to do anything, the girl might be insulted (like happenned to me) and won't be interested in talking with you after that.

Prices: 100 pesos for an hour, and 15 pesos for the hotel. Quite expensive for this kind of city.

Newspapers' ads:

In my second day I decided to buy the local paper and look at the ads. The local paper is called "El Lateral". Boring, but I only bought it for the ads, and there were about 20. Some of them sounded well. I phoned one, got the address (in the centre) and went. It was an apartment in a regular building. In the phone I Was told that there are 4 girls, but there were only 2. One of them was pregnant! The price was 40 pesos. I chose one, and it was a nice experience (didn't include kisses, did include bbbj) If your fantasy is a pregnant girl, just look in the paper for an ad "futura mama".

SWs: I didn't intend to try any, but in my way back to the hotel at night, I saw in one corner two ugly SWs, and in the next corner, 2 real amateur girls. I wasn't sure they are realy SWs, and didn't know what to do. After about 20 minutes when I stood in a corner trying to see what they do, I decided I start to look suspicious. I didn't have choice, and I went to one of them, and asked if she is working. Luckily, she did. We went to an hotel nearby. Only 5 pesos for the hotel, 40 pesos for this nice chubby amateur young girl. She looked very young so I demanded to see an I. D, and ok, she was 19 why. O.

The address for SWs (there were about 4, 2 in each corner, start at 9 pm and at midnight-1:00 am they usualy leave): 25 de May and Hipolito Irigoyen.

As for the non working girls: They look nicer than in BA and in Rosario. While they aren't as pretty, they are very sexy. And, very important: unlike most Argentinian girls, the girls in Santa Fe have big breasts! I think it will be easier to get a normal girl in this city than in BA, but I didn't try.

Hotel: I was in Hostal de Santa Fe, a 4* hotel for only 45 pesos (10% discount for cash) It was a nice proffesional hotel. Nothing out of the ordinary. I expected more from a 4* star hotel, but I don't have any specific complaints.

Restaurants: I couldn't find any normal restaurant! The 2-3 I saw in the centre were too elegant for me, although they may be suitable to the more respected guys among you. I only ate in the sports bar at Colon st, in the pedestrians only part. This is more a city of fashionable coffee houses and not restaurants.

However, if you'll go in Colon st. Or 25 de Mayo st. Not in the direction of the old centre but in the other direction, you will find a lot of coffee houses with many people inside, including many groups of girls.

The best thing in the city is the many ice cream places, I tried at least 4 of them and all were good. I recommend "don Geronimo", at Rivadivia, between Crespo and Irigoyen.

Santa Fe

BALUL has written a long report on this city. Dated 10-08-03 in "Other Areas".

Posting Limitations