Thread: Palermo Street Boundaries

+ Submit Report
This blog is moderated by Andres

Quote Originally Posted by Dickhead
    Las Heras feeds into (and ends at) Santa Fe at an acute angle at the Calzada Circular, which is near the Plaza Italia, the US Embassy, La Rural, and un monton de boludos selling used books. If one then continues W by NW on Santa Fe, L M Campos shoots off of Santa Fe at an obtuse and roughly supplementary angle, about six or seven blocks further west. I believe the Plaza Palermo is at the intersection of SF and LMC.
    The square of Santa Fe and LM campos is called Plaza Falucho.

Andres

Quote Originally Posted by Hobby Fan
    Andres: I see where Scalabrini Ortiz and Siria meet Libertador, but where is LM Campos?
    LOL.

Too long away from BA.

I mistook Avenida Luis María Campos with Avenida Las Heras.

I should be stripped out of my porteño status.

Andres

Las Heras feeds into (and ends at) Santa Fe at an acute angle at the Calzada Circular, which is near the Plaza Italia, the US Embassy, La Rural, and un monton de boludos selling used books. If one then continues W by NW on Santa Fe, L M Campos shoots off of Santa Fe at an obtuse and roughly supplementary angle, about six or seven blocks further west. I believe the Plaza Palermo is at the intersection of SF and LMC.

Or some shit like that. In any case both Las Heras and LM Campos are important arterials and the more so due to being two way streets. A few blocks after LMC shoots off of SF, SF goes under a bridge and turns into Cabildo, by the Carranza railroad station. LMC runs into (and ends at) Verrey Vertiz, near the Belgrano railroad station on the Mitre line.

But most of you fucks will just continue to take taxis anyway, and if that works for you, fine, but you will never learn the city that way. Plus there is a lot of trim to be found on the train, bus, and Subte, and you are helping to care for the environment. Every time you drive or use a taxi, you are supporting the war in Iraq and the imperialism it represents.

Thats what I ment

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler
    Mongers,

Avenida Luis Campos does not come into Santa Fe above Plaza Italia (Avenida Las Heras feeds into Plaza Italia, and starts Santa Fe as a two week avenida) Campos feeds into Santa Fe about halfway between the Palermo and Ministro Carranza subte stations. If travelling on Santa Fe toward Belgrano, Campos will be at a 45 degree angle on the right hand side of the road, just a few blocks past the railroad bridge that you pass under at the Palermo subte station.

Suerte,

Dirk Diggler
    When I refer to "above" I mean away from micro center. As in Alto Palermo is "above" Av. Callao. Please excuse my annoying convention.

Mongers,

Avenida Luis Campos does not come into Santa Fe above Plaza Italia (Avenida Las Heras feeds into Plaza Italia, and starts Santa Fe as a two week avenida) Campos feeds into Santa Fe about halfway between the Palermo and Ministro Carranza subte stations. If travelling on Santa Fe toward Belgrano, Campos will be at a 45 degree angle on the right hand side of the road, just a few blocks past the railroad bridge that you pass under at the Palermo subte station.

Suerte,

Dirk Diggler

Campos

Andres: I see where Scalabrini Ortiz and Siria meet Libertador, but where is LM Campos?
    But Campos runs into Santa Fe above Plaza Italia and Scalabrini Ortiz in on the other side. Something is amiss.

Though Dickhead is right about the train. You could also take the 152 from Retiro though and get off where Campos hits Santa Fe.

Also if you take the Mitre line that goes to Tigre, get off at Lisandro de la Torre, and walk straight across Libertad down Olleros, you hit L M Campos.

Luis Maria

LM Campos stands for Luis Maria Campos. Years ago used to be "el camino de las canitas". Luis Maria Campos runs like a diagonal and finishes at Santa Fe Ave.

Pequeña Italia?

Palermo Street Boundaries

Quote Originally Posted by Costanza12
    Hey,

I am going to spend a month or two in BA and am wondering on where to rent a place. Here is the trick. I am coming with family so we need something nice that is in a district with restaurants / cafes etc. But also near parks or something like that for the littles.

Offhand I am thinking Palermo. Does this sound reasonable? If so, is there a specific area within this big neighborhood?

Thanks everybody!
    Palermo, no doubt, specifically Pequeña Italia, limited by Rep Arabe Siria St, are Scalabrini Ortiz Ave, Libertador Ave and LM Campos Ave.

Andres

Posting Limitations