Thread: Public Holidays in Argentina

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by SunSeeker  [View Original Post]
    If the rules have changed I can't help but I got mine in June 2012 at the corner of (pretty sure, I know it was only 1 or 2 blocks from Scalabrini and Santa Fe) Santa Fe and either Araoz or Julian Alvarez. I walked in and asked for chip pre-pago, Did you try this location?
    Thanks SunSeeker. I actually went back to the Moviestar kiosk in Jumbo this evening just prior to closing and politely related, in my best Homer Simpson Spanish, my dilemma. It helped being the only customer there. Because absent the earlier baying mob, the visiting supervisor became quite accommodating and reversed her earlier position by extending me the courtesy of an exception to the rule. I should have service by Wednesday.

Claro

Well I keep losing my cell either by leaving it in a cab or getting it stolen. Last year lost two so on my third chip. I know people hate Claro but I just go to the Store on Santa Fe between Rodriguez Pena and Callao and pay my $20 pesos and get a new simms card for my new unlocked Razr which I stock up on before leaving the US. Buying credits is a pain but I think every FarmaCity has electronic recharge that makes buying credits easy since I do not know how to input the fucking credits from paper cards you can buy at the kioskos.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Paladin For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf50  [View Original Post]
    You can only get a pre paid sim card without a DNI. It will cost more, but if you are only visiting it shouldn't hurt too much.
    No problems yet, except movistar calling and telling me all their specials LOL, never had a problem adding credits either, just need to remember they expire every 30 days.

Quote Originally Posted by SunSeeker  [View Original Post]
    If the rules have changed I can't help but I got mine in June 2012 at the corner of (pretty sure, I know it was only 1 or 2 blocks from Scalabrini and Santa Fe) Santa Fe and either Araoz or Julian Alvarez. I walked in and asked for chip pre-pago, Did you try this location?
    You can only get a pre paid sim card without a DNI. It will cost more, but if you are only visiting it shouldn't hurt too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus  [View Original Post]
    I just arrived last week and am trying to get cell phone / data service via Moviestar. I have an unlocked Android based Galaxy Note N7000. Today after being shuffled between three Moviestar offices in Palermo an employee at the Moviestar Jumbo kiosk finally determined that I could not buy a SIM chip without the sponsorship of an Argentine. Does anyone know any way around this? I was under the impression that all I needed was my passport and a prepaid amount of credit. Thanks in advance.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SunSeeker For This Post:

Getting cell phone service without sponsorship from a local.

I just arrived last week and am trying to get cell phone / data service via Moviestar. I have an unlocked Android based Galaxy Note N7000. Today after being shuffled between three Moviestar offices in Palermo an employee at the Moviestar Jumbo kiosk finally determined that I could not buy a SIM chip without the sponsorship of an Argentine. Does anyone know any way around this? I was under the impression that all I needed was my passport and a prepaid amount of credit. Thanks in advance.

It seems like there is a holiday every week now.

Day of the Battle of Salta

Apparently this feriado is this year only as it is 200 years since the battle, similar to what was January 31 day of Asamblea General Constituyente de 1813. Again 200 year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mpexy  [View Original Post]
    Official holidays in Argie land for 2013 in English. http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/argentina/.

Had no idea till saw the closed stores today but it is Day of the Battle of Salta holiday today.

There isn't quite as many as the joke of 100 holidays per year but on this list there's at least 31 days.

My novia works in a factory, she had to work today but has Friday off instead.

My novia works in a factory, she had to work today but has Friday off instead.

Public holidays list for 2013

Official holidays in Argie land for 2013 in English. http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/argentina/.

Had no idea till saw the closed stores today but it is Day of the Battle of Salta holiday today.

There isn't quite as many as the joke of 100 holidays per year but on this list there's at least 31 days.

Mongering in the Catholic World

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Rulz  [View Original Post]
    Easter weekend one of the WORST time of year for monger activities.
    In most of the predominantly Catholic countries, most everything comes to a standstill during the week before Easter (Semana Santa,or Holy Week), and only gets worse on Easter weekend. The week after Easter is better, but it takes about a week for everything to get back to "normal".

Tres3.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Tres3 For This Post:

OMFG no

Quote Originally Posted by RoryRory  [View Original Post]
    Thinking of returning this easter... Does anybody have any if things get very quiet in BA during this time.Are any/most/all of the private apartments open and are the chicas working?
    Easter weekend one of the WORST time of year for monger activities.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Daddy Rulz For This Post:

Easter 2013

Thinking of returning this easter... Does anybody have any if things get very quiet in BA during this time.Are any/most/all of the private apartments open and are the chicas working?

Tomorrow 25-May is a national holiday. Santa Fe 1707 will be open, I just got back. Staff may be a bit lighter than usual though.

Restaurants should be full lunch and dinner.

Posting Limitations