View Poll Results: Should reports be Moderated?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, the current system is okay.

24 43.64%
  • No, the current system is not the problem.

10 18.18%
  • Yes, but for new members only.

12 21.82%
  • Yes, everybody's reports should be moderated.

9 16.36%

Thread: Should reports be moderated?

+ Submit Report
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockin Bob
    Look at the thread for Rouge! There's all these post about the NFL. There was this incident there the other night, sure I want the details, but then there's this big chit chat!

I think posts should be assigned a time limit by some sort of system. Something like these NFL posts should expire after a day or two. The really good reports should stay forever. But I guess there's no practical way to do this?
    I never liked the Gramatica brothers much. Janikowski is a psychopath. Hey seriously, the off topic give and take is fun for alot of posters, and I include myself in that category. I would hate to see that inhibited. From my perspective the board "problems" have more to do with internecine warfare (many involved), high school level competing egos, and the odd wacko who irritates posters (or worse) with a variety of "tactics" and spam. Goblin's departure will help that some. Good luck with trying to make it better, but perfection ain't going to happen, and if it did, the board would be a boring fucking place. Hell, you might as well just post a daily newsletter about mongering and BA updates. My 2 cents.

Hi Doggboy,

I don't want people to ignore my forum because it's too boring, but then I also don't want them to ignore my forum because it's got too much clutter.

It's a fine line.

Thanks,

Jackson

One example

Look at the thread for Rouge! There's all these post about the NFL. There was this incident there the other night, sure I want the details, but then there's this big chit chat!

I think posts should be assigned a time limit by some sort of system. Something like these NFL posts should expire after a day or two. The really good reports should stay forever. But I guess there's no practical way to do this?

Hi Rockin Bob,

Actually that is possible, and I've considered it. All it would require some software programming. As I've envisioned it, in the admin moderation screen there would be a check box that if checked when the report was being reviewed, would flag the report for automatic deletion in a preset time period, perhaps one week later.

Thanks,

Jackson

Retired Member

Smile

Jackson,

This is real easy for you from my perspective.

You have "Senoir Members" & "Regular Members"

I beiieve You should Moderate all regular menbers until they've proven to You that their posts are worthy.

In essance You promote a member after he's proven to the board he's not a piece of Shit.

Exon

Hi Exon,

That's the way the other forums function, and it does prevent a sizeable amount of mindless chatter, but certainly not all. Of course people complain about the delay,and I'm sure that it's caused me to lose members to my competition, who runs a completely unmoderated forum.

Perhaps I should go back to that system.

Thanks,

Jackson

Administrator

Venues: 398

Should reports be moderated?

Thread Starter.

Posting Limitations