Thread: Hippopotamus

+ Submit Report
Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

If It's Slang I've Never Heard It

Quote Originally Posted by Caricoso  [View Original Post]
    Senor Tejano Libre, por favor!

Ain't no Wachiturros here! That was a representation of "fine street slang from the chuchis of Palermo Chico!"

Need to upgrade de Argie DNA!
    If it's not proper Castellano then I probably have never heard it or studied it, my Spanish vocabulary is limited since I left here when I was 6 months old.

Thanks for the Lesson!

TL

Negrada?

Quote Originally Posted by TejanoLibre  [View Original Post]
    I was born here but I never lived here and I have always avoided "Street Slang" so I'm not sure what your saying.

What are you doing Man? (male actually) What's going on there? How are the somethings in the something?

Lost me there, is it "prison Slang?"

I really hate the way the street people talk.

La Negrada de los Wachiturros!

Thanks,

TL
    Senor Tejano Libre, por favor!

Ain't no Wachiturros here! That was a representation of "fine street slang from the chuchis of Palermo Chico!"

Need to upgrade de Argie DNA!

Damn Birdhunters

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny12  [View Original Post]
    I've been to both once and probably won't return, they're complete rip offs. While TL's descriptions are accurate Black was much more entertaining for me. I translated for a gringo bird hunter who was enamored with a chubby blonde who was about a 5. And my standards are low. I tried to negotiate for the guy but he'd have none of that. She asked for $350, he accepted and they were out the door, headed to his room at the Alvear palace. She was probably back to the club in about an hour but I was gone by then. I'd finished nursing my one adult beverage and wasn't about to pay whatever ridiculous price it was that they wanted for the next one.
    It's the damn Birdhunters that do it everytime! Usually a bunch of good old boys coming down to shoot doves, dropping $2k you$the a day on dove hunting so $400. 00 dollars for a regular girl is just fine. I have seen it so many times and all it does is go to the girl's head and it makes it more expensive for the guys that live here. One guy that was at my resto payed $400. 00 DOLLARS for T. L. N and the girl was back at my resto in an hour and a half! He told her she could go if she wanted.

This after insisting that he wanted T. L. N, it was 5 guys and 6 girls that I held a private "Dinner with Chicas" for at my place. They ALL payed $400. 00 dollars each.

The girls were very nice though with Rocio 2 being the best looking,"Dinner with Chicas"; something I should put together on a regular basis again.

TL.

No offense to the Bird Boys, You Boys are always welcome to call me again.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TejanoLibre For This Post:

Black :

Hippo :
    I've been to both once and probably won't return, they're complete rip offs. While TL's descriptions are accurate Black was much more entertaining for me. I translated for a gringo bird hunter who was enamored with a chubby blonde who was about a 5. And my standards are low. I tried to negotiate for the guy but he'd have none of that. She asked for $350, he accepted and they were out the door, headed to his room at the Alvear palace. She was probably back to the club in about an hour but I was gone by then. I'd finished nursing my one adult beverage and wasn't about to pay whatever ridiculous price it was that they wanted for the next one.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny12 For This Post:

Born Here But Never Lived Here

Great! Que haces varon? Que sapa por ahi? Como andan las nenus en los chebolis?

Please answer without help! .
    I was born here but I never lived here and I have always avoided "Street Slang" so I'm not sure what your saying.

What are you doing Man? (male actually) What's going on there? How are the somethings in the something?

Lost me there, is it "prison Slang?"

I really hate the way the street people talk.

La Negrada de los Wachiturros!

Thanks,

TL

You are an argentinian?

Sure, no problem.

I am an Argentine so I have the birth right to say "Damn Argentines" and as an Argentine you should understand what " Fucked up Country " means without much explanation.

Where do I start?

Corruption on EVERY level of government.

Home invasion is the National Sport.

I can't wear a fucking Presidential Rolex for fear of being killed.

I can't drive a nice car for fear of being killed.

I think Dickhead explained it a little better.

Oh yeah, don't pay much attention to Daddy, I'm much nicer in person.

Suerte,

TL.

If I was Black I could say

If I was Jewish I could say.

But I won't and I don't, I am a Fucking Argentinian!
    Great! Que haces varon? Que sapa por ahi? Como andan las nenus en los chebolis?

Please answer without help! .

Mmmmmm!

Quote Originally Posted by Dickhead  [View Original Post]
    Well, no. I mentioned four things. For sure the Argentine media is not free given that Cristina banned the hooker ads in the Clarin. I don't know what "real choices" are. Carne suave versus carne picada in the empanadas?

What other fucked up countries have I been to? The Bahamas stands out in my mind. Spain is pretty fucked up these days. I think any country with over 20% unemployment is going to be fucked no matter what other factors you have. The US is fucked up in a lot of ways, mostly morally. México is pretty fucked up these days. Any country where the cops have to buy their own bullets is probably going to be fucked up. Plus that country has had so many presidents, ex-presidents, and presidential candidates assassinated I can't see where any sane person would have the balls to even try to run the place.

Argentina, though, is probably the saddest example of all the fucked up countries because they had so much and lost it so fast. I mean. 85 years ago they were 7th in the world in GDP and now they are between 25th and 28th, depending on whose numbers you look at. That is quite a drop. They are behind Belgium and that whole country is about the size of the Retiro bus station. And it's not like there were tons of wars or earthquakes or plagues. Just pure, simple greed and mismanagement.
    It seems to me that you qualify a country based on what you see, or what is happening to you. If that's the case, is a narrow point of view to write statistics of a country.

I don't know how much of an Argentina you are since you don't say anything good about such a wonderful country, although you're partly right but not enough to qualify the entire country.

Do you live in Argentina? (Maybe you do!). Speak the language fluently (dialect included!) in order to communicate and understand the essence and character of the society you are living with?

Do all the Argentines are saying that Argentina is an "Fk-up" country? Or just pointing out the problems they are experiencing (just like people living in many others countries)

I am a very realistic person when it comes to solve problems, and although I agree with you that Argentina is facing lots of challenges, so other countries as well.

Talking about losing ground? How about Britain? What it was and what it is.

I was reading a book a couple of years ago about the "decadent society". British point the view of how things were changed in his "Empire".

Argentina is beautiful, so it is Germany, Australia, Venezuela, USA, Uruguay, and the rest!

As Goethe used to say. You want to know more? Well travel my friend!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Caricoso For This Post:

Hippo vs Black

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago Guy  [View Original Post]
    Is Hippo very different from Black?
    Black :

You walk up some stairs that lead you into an area that has a long bar in a fairly narrow hall that opens up into a couple of sitting areas.

The Chicas line up against that long wall that is opposite of the long bar, maybe 7ft. Between the bar and the wall. Usually 3 dancers dance on top of the bar with g-strings on and every once in a while a Featured Dancer will come out and do a full strip show for 1 song. In 2005 the quality of the Chicas was outstanding!

Hippo :

You walk upstairs and into a very large square shaped room with a bar on the right and the stage accross the room. The walls are lined with sofas on 2 sides and then the large dance floor at a lower level is lined with VIP style sofas and various chairs on three sides. It's a great set-up. Usually about 20 girls dancing at any given time on a special platform that is at the perfect level, up to 80 Dancers on a good night rotating along with Dancers that will stand on your coffee table or perform lap-dances.

Excellent service from the waitstaff plus there is a Featured Dancer that will perform on the pole every 20 minutes or so, stripping down to nothing at times. There are several featured dancers per night, many. The regular dancers all wear the dental floss g-strings so it's a thing of beauty! Then at about 1:30 am they put ALL the Dancers on the stage at one time and present them by name, maybe 2 at a time; they strut to the pole, spin around and return to the stage. Imagine about 40. 50 girls in front of you on the stage at one time. Lovely bunch of coconuts! That line up is worth the price of addmission alone. Then there are the regular Hookers that are spreadout all over the place. So on a great night there will be about 120 girls to look at, mixed nuts. The lighting is bright enough so you are less likely to make a mistake and buy an ugly girl an expensive drink.

That's about it.

TL

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TejanoLibre For This Post:

Carne suave versus carne picada in the empanadas?
    Eh, what's that?

Clarification

I am sorry, but I don't understand the thing about the "Damn Argentines" and "Fucked up country". Could you please clarify that for me?

Thank you!
    Sure, no problem.

I am an Argentine so I have the birth right to say "Damn Argentines" and as an Argentine you should understand what " Fucked up Country " means without much explanation.

Where do I start?

Corruption on EVERY level of government.

Home invasion is the National Sport.

I can't wear a fucking Presidential Rolex for fear of being killed.

I can't drive a nice car for fear of being killed.

I think Dickhead explained it a little better.

Oh yeah, don't pay much attention to Daddy, I'm much nicer in person.

Suerte,

TL.

I am a Fucking Argentinian so I can say what I want !

I have been fucked over by every Argentine that has ever worked for me or with me in one way or another , by the city inspectors , the Minister of Labor , the under cover police , etc , etc .

There are some very nice people in this country but a lot of them just want to take anything they can from you .

You measure a "fk-up" only by inflation and the sugar thing? Any other countries with problems to be classify as "Fk-up"?

We can use let say. Education, Health care, free media, real choices. The list can go on and on! Again education, and more education and the 'Fk-up" society becomes less "Fk-up". Right?
    Well, no. I mentioned four things. For sure the Argentine media is not free given that Cristina banned the hooker ads in the Clarin. I don't know what "real choices" are. Carne suave versus carne picada in the empanadas?

What other fucked up countries have I been to? The Bahamas stands out in my mind. Spain is pretty fucked up these days. I think any country with over 20% unemployment is going to be fucked no matter what other factors you have. The US is fucked up in a lot of ways, mostly morally. México is pretty fucked up these days. Any country where the cops have to buy their own bullets is probably going to be fucked up. Plus that country has had so many presidents, ex-presidents, and presidential candidates assassinated I can't see where any sane person would have the balls to even try to run the place.

Argentina, though, is probably the saddest example of all the fucked up countries because they had so much and lost it so fast. I mean, 85 years ago they were 7th in the world in GDP and now they are between 25th and 28th, depending on whose numbers you look at. That is quite a drop. They are behind Belgium and that whole country is about the size of the Retiro bus station. And it's not like there were tons of wars or earthquakes or plagues. Just pure, simple greed and mismanagement.

Any other country?

An example of a fucked up country would be one where the inflation was so high they could not print enough bank notes domestically and so had to contract out their own seigneurage to another country, say Brazil for example. Or one where the transit companies were selling coins back to the government at higher than face value. Or one where cartoon characters regularly receive large percentages of the popular vote. Or one where all the ground coffee is required by law to be adulterated with 10% sugar.

Countries like that.
    You measure a "fk-up" only by inflation and the sugar thing? Any other countries with problems to be classify as "Fk-up"?

We can use let say. Education, Health care, free media, real choices. The list can go on and on! Again education, and more education and the 'Fk-up" society becomes less "Fk-up". Right?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Caricoso For This Post:

If you are Argentinean and you don't know the meaning of "fucked up country," I doubt anyone on the board can help you. And those guys who invented the ballpoint pen were Hungarian.
    I hope you "are not" living or visiting a country that is so "fk-up". What would be the reason right?
    I keep on asking myself the same question.

When there are so many flights leaving daily Ezeiza, to so many different places in the world.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio For This Post:

An example of a fucked up country would be one where the inflation was so high they could not print enough bank notes domestically and so had to contract out their own seigneurage to another country, say Brazil for example. Or one where the transit companies were selling coins back to the government at higher than face value. Or one where cartoon characters regularly receive large percentages of the popular vote. Or one where all the ground coffee is required by law to be adulterated with 10% sugar.

Countries like that.

Is Hippo very different from Black?

Posting Limitations