Thread: Hippopotamus

+ Submit Report
Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Hello friends, I post here, cause yesterday at New Port, two guys told me that the best looking girls they saw, were at Hippopotamus, so besides the rip off prices, is it true or not?

Man, I'm confused!

Why would this guy EVER want to return to a place that fleeced him of US$520? I would NEVER vist a place agian that took me to the cleaners like this! Come on guys, let's not give these kind of places our buisness.

I agree with Esten. Most girls who know you from past sessions will be quite comfortable waiting for their money. I know of a couple girls that got ripped off by their johns, so it's understandable that they would be leery of a stranger. One even got beaten up by the guy when she insisted on her money.

It's sometimes acceptable to put the money down where it can be seen, without handing it to the girl. At least she knows that you had the pesos to begin with. And insisting on paying after doesn't always get you a performance that makes it all worth it in the first place.

Gipse - I usually pay up front when asked. I think I explained why in some other thread last year. Although on repeat sessions I may say I'll pay after and the chica has always been fine with it.

If I insist on paying after, that may help me avoid a poor session or a rip-off. Or maybe not. The chica could still go ahead and provide a lousy time while technically adhering to a previous agreement on services. Lousy enough to make you send her home early. If payment is then withheld even in part, a scene could ensue. Alternatively, with a chica who would otherwise provide good service, I run the risk of diminishing the session by an insistance on paying after. She may not warm up to me as much as she might have. I also run the risk of the chica leaving altogether. Or not even getting the chica in the first place.

If I pay up front, obviously I run the risk of a poor session or rip-off. But I may also improve a session by getting the issue out of the way for the chica and letting her focus on me. Maybe not.

My success rate for good sessions is generally high, so I have not modified my approach. If a kept having sessions like the one from Hippo I might reconsider my approach, but this one was the exception not the norm. I don't want to make a scene from a dispute where I stay. Also as a visitor my time is valuable and I'm not inclined to waste time looking around until I find a chica willing to accept payment after, or waste time by having the chica walk out on me.

On balance, it is not clear to me at all that my odds of improving the quality of a session increase by paying after. And there are downsides that at this time outweigh the risk of a poor session / rip-off for me.

Context is Important

Quote Originally Posted by Kleinberg
    The heavy insistance of the guy outside prevent me to penetrate.
    Taken out of context, the above statement is not a good thing. Especially on a board dedicated to Mongering.

Direct correlation

Quote Originally Posted by Kleinberg
    Hi Jackson.

Please note that in your "clubs and boliches lists" new hipo is with a green dot.

Last year I was on the way to go in following the list, only the heavy insistance of the guy outside (offering me free entry + one drink) prevent me to penetrate.
    The harder the sell at the door, the worse the experience in the club. Places with good reputations don't need ropes on the street to hook their marks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson
    I'd be in that group.

AVOID!
    Hi Jackson.

Please note that in your "clubs and boliches lists" new hipo is with a green dot.

Last year I was on the way to go in following the list, only the heavy insistance of the guy outside (offering me free entry + one drink) prevent me to penetrate.

Esten,

Why did you, an experienced BA visitor, pay before the service?

Ha ha... you guys make me laugh. Glad to see others in agreement. Truth is, I didn't quite see the "Wet Paint" sign (LOL).

Whenever I come down to BA I always try to visit at least one new place. I like the adventure and enjoy doing some research, for my benefit and possibly others. Unless I get a "100% avoid" impression for a club (like Rouge), I'll be open to at least having a look. I read some poor reviews on Hippopotamus but thought it might be a mixed bag with at least some potential. And, I never read a detailed review/experience like I posted. I have no regrets on going in for a look, but unfortunately I got suckered by a beauty who turned out to have a script for ripping guys off. Mea culpa.

As an aside, though I don't need tips on places to go, sometimes for fun I ask taxi drivers for good night club reccomendations. To hear what they say. Several times I have heard them mention Hippo in the same breath as other good places in Recoleta. Not good for someone who doesn't know better!

Administrator

Venues: 398
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggboy
    The guys I know who used to go there before the renovation don't even think about going there anymore!
    I'd be in that group.

AVOID!

I've never been to Hippopotamus and most likely never will. But another important lesson learnt here is always negotiate upfront to pay when finished. I'd say other than the price, that is more important than negotiating amount of time and types of service to be provided. It applies to chicas from any clubs, cafes, and boliches. The only exception is of course privados.

Quote Originally Posted by Exon123
    I don't know why guy's do it.

Everyone been warrned about this place but they still go.

Its like seeing the "Wet Paint" sign, they have to touch it to make sure the paint really is wet.

Exon
    Ha Ha! Exactly. No offense to Esten, but how could a place have a worse reputation? Since it reopened it has received consistently awful reports. Expensive as Madahos and Black, with the kicker that you will be lucky to get laid no matter how much you pay. The guys I know who used to go there before the renovation don't even think about going there anymore. Like the title says-AVOID!

Retired Member

I don't know why guy's do it.

Everyone been warrned about this place but they still go.

Its like seeing the "Wet Paint" sign, they have to touch it to make sure the paint really is wet.

Exon

That's why I never pay upfront. I've had girls leave once or twice, but that ok, their are many more. Out of 20 girls maybe 2 left. The others went to the door, mad, once outside the door and i was closing it, they change their mind, and came back in.

I did not even give them money for a taxi when they left, without service.

Rip-off experience

I've been to most of the Recoleta clubs over the years but never to Hippopotamus. Decided it was time for a look-see.

Entrance fee was 80 pesos which included one drink. Inside, the place is quite large. Center area dance floor with some seating, most of the seating runs around the center area (except for the one side where the stage is). The guy outside had told me there were 140 chicas. I don't think there were that many but still quite a lot. Maybe 80 chicas and 60 guys. Decent music. Several dancers had santa hats to celebrate the season. Definately a "fiesta" atmosphere.

I found a seat off to the side to sit back and watch the scene while I had my drink. Over the next hour several chicas came over to sit down with me, sometimes in groups of two. On some (not all) occasions the hostess came over to ask if I wanted to buy the chicas drinks. Which cost 150 pesos. I said no thanks. I chatted most of them up for a few minutes then told them I was going to look around a little more but it was nice to meet them. I did use some of this time to check on pricing. Basically, 600 pesos is where many will start but there is room to negotiate down to 500 pesos or lower.

Eventually I start chatting up one of the hotter chicas, an 8.5 or 9. Brunette, classy elegant look, slim, natural DDs. We chat a little and eventually get to talking about buying her a drink and maybe taking her out. She plays with my dick a little through my pants, looks at me and says she will do "sin preservativo". I didn't get her to spell it out but the message seemed clear to me - oral sex without condom. I asked what other services she might offer. She says what do you like baby? I said I like between the breasts and she says yes... turca... no problem. I also said I like it if she can do a little striptease for me at my place and she said she could. She repeated her offer of "sin preservativo" and said something like "y los heuvos" and smiled at me. Well this type of explicit talk from a beauty like her was getting my blood flowing, but I played it casual and said I "might" be interested. I asked her price, she says 450 pesos. Seemed like a good deal. I bought her a drink for 150 pesos, chatted some more and soon we were off to my place. She looked great in the clothes she changed into to leave the club. In the taxi she was stroking me and getting me hard, asking if I was big. All things considered, my level of anticipation was quite high.

In my room, she asked for payment up front which was not too much of a surprise. She took off her clothes early on which further fueled my anticipation. Top notch body, incredible breasts. I inquired about the strip tease and she said sure, she will change into a special outfit she has. Which she did, and. Wow. Sexy as hell. I clean myself up in the bathroom for a moment and already I've got a raging hardon for this girl. Unfortunely, from this point on it went downhill. Fast. Back in the bedroom we are about the start the striptease but she asks me to get some money so I can tip her (motioning to slide the money under her thong strap) like in a strip club. I said I prefer to tip after. If we have a good time, I will give a nice tip after the session. Not good enough for her. She suggests a 100 peso tip and I repeat what I said earlier. She tries a few more times trying to convince me. I say I'm tired of talking about money. Please, no more talking of money. Things seemed to have stalled. So I say, look if you need a tip up front for the striptease, let's just not do the striptease. She says fine. And proceeds to remove her special outfit. Now get this - she doesn't stay nude. She puts back on her regular clothes. I ask her why she did this and she says its more sexy. Not good. I ask for a babyoil handjob. She is reluctant to start, saying it needs to be with preservativo. I say, no just your hands. Eventually she starts but it is so lame and unenthusiastic it goes nowhere. I say I'd like to try between her breasts but she insists it be with preservativo. I say, in the club you offered me oral sex without condom so what's the problem with between your breasts without condom. She says no, I misunderstood. I finally say forget it, she can leave. As she already had her clothes on, she got up and picked up her purse and was out the door in 10 seconds.

Of course I'm mulling this all over after she left. I felt I got ripped off. So I did something I haven't done before, I took a taxi back to the club and asked to speak with the manager. One of the security guys brings me up inside and off to the side (I think the dining area) and soon an older guy who said he was the manager came over. I explained I just had a bad experience with one of the girls. My points being (i) she spent the first 10 minutes asking for more money (tips) (ii) she put her clothes back on when I didn't provide the requested tips, (iii) she dídn't provide the services she said she would in the club. I don't get too much response from the guy but at least he listens. I say I want the money I paid her back. He asks how much, I say 450 pesos. He repeats the number with a slight frown, giving me the impression he though the amount was low. He says hang on, goes into the main area, and comes back with both the chica in question, and another lady who speaks english to help with the discussion. So I repeat my three points again (still in spanish). The english speaking lady asks what service did you expect that you did not receive? I say the chica offered oral sin preservativo. Well, this must have been their signal, like someone was holding up a giant cue card. Almost in unison, all three say "Impossible"... and proceed to vehemently deny this possibility. The guy explains they have a strict policy in the club, none of the girls do that. I repeat that she offered it to me. The chica says no, you misunderstood, she meant besos. Besos sin preservativo? WTF! I told the manager again, I swear she offered this service to me. But they all clamored no it was impossible. Their response totally reeked of "scam". I left that point alone and repeated my other points. The guy soon left and left me with the chica and the english speaking lady. The lady explained I need to negotiate all the services with the chica up front and that they cannot refund my money. I told her, no problem, but I will not come to your club again.

My total loss for this fiasco was about 700 pesos.

Posting Limitations