Thread: Hippopotamus

+ Submit Report
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Pros and Cons.

I went here last night with an old "girlfriend" that I haven't seen in almost a year. Apparently she is shilling for this club now, and admitted she gets a pretty good commision on anything her "dates" buy.

Admission is 50 pesos, but was waived perhaps because we were going to eat, or perhaps just because.

Overall the place has been refurbed into a pretty classy joint, much bigger then Black. The owner used to own Shampoo, which he sold and bought this place, and kept the theme of several REALLY foxy dancers pole-dancing in various corners of the room. I'm not sure what the "official" policy is, but the reality is the dancers (at least some) are available for anyone who wants to pony up some real cash for the priviledge - I was quoted 1000 pesos for the one my friend and I agreed was our favorite, but there were 5 or 6 of them and all quite lovely.

There is a small restaurant next to the bar, covered now in winter, but looks like an open terrace in summer. There is a large window that separates the bar from the restaurant, so you can check out chicas while you dine.

The food was pricey, but not bad. Had a carpachio de salmon entrada, and a pork tenderloin with a nice sweet/spicey tomato sauce, she had trout with something sauce, dessert and a couple of glasses of white wine. The total bill was $199 pesos. Too much, but not too bad a rip considering the quality and location of the place. The service was excellant, for what that's worth, and the waitress was also pretty cute!

After dinner we slid around the corner to look at chicas, of which there were perhaps 20 or so in place by midnight. Quite a variety, but the manager needs to crack down on the dress code a little as many of them looked like they would be right at home at Exedra. There were actually several quite pretty girls there, none as HQ as the dancers but definitley pretty, as well as the usual assortment of unfortunates with their little tummies hanging over there too-tight jeans. Those girls can't seem to figure out how to hide their flaws.

There were strip shows as well, in case you are curious what live nude girls look like after they pay lots of money to have their breasts disfigured.

There was also some well-known (I was told) Argentine TV star on the menu, again for 1000 pesos (I hear) in case you want to fuck someone famous.

One little dominican girl (chocolate skin and actually one of the prettiest girls there) gave my girlfriend the hots, and she decided she wanted me to take her home for her to play with. That seemed like a goofy way to spend too much money, but what the hell we invited her over to chat. At first she wanted 400 pesos, but dropped quickly to 300 when I choked on my drink.

Needless to say, I politely told her to beat it, but I got the feeling the price structure is pretty much the same as Black/Madaho, with your mileage varying depending on your appearance, attitude, fluency, and the state of the moon.

The little glasses of cheap champagne we were drinking cost 50 pesos each, and I don't know how much chica drinks are - I bet they aren't real cheap.

All in all, I would say for those on a Black budget it is a clean and classy place that may be worth a visit.

Oh ya, when I left they gave me a card good for a free admission next time.

David

Sounds like Saint

Quote Originally Posted by El Grandote
    so if anybody wants to hang out with me in the VIP section, get the best service and have me a broker a deal with the chica on your behalf (fluent in Spanish) just drop me a line.

Chau,

El G
    Seriously you know what I mean? Like Saint is starting a chica service. El G is a buddy so no offence just commenting on the similarity.

Thumbs up Best Nights!

I went to Hippopotamus last night with one of my favorite chica friends. I just loving going to this place to do some chica recruiting. It was a little slow at 2 am but really picked up later, I ran into some other chica friends. I met up with the owner and the boliche manager. The manager told me that Friday and Saturday nights are usually for couples, but also said Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday were best nights for chicas. I am planning some more visits to this boliche over the next couple of weeks so if anybody wants to hang out with me in the VIP section, get the best service and have me a broker a deal with the chica on your behalf (fluent in Spanish) just drop me a line.

Chau,

El G

slow but has potential

Some girls told me that many former street girls are now working here.

Overall 2 or 3 cute chicas.

The decor and setup are pretty cool.

Saturday Night

I dropped by on Saturday night. It was about 2:30 The place was fairly quiet. The quality was poor. I did not even bother to finish my drink.

In short, the mujeres (I can't say chicas in this case) had all long passed their best before date.

I was in Hippotamo last night.

Cover was 45p including a drink.

After Madaho the night before I liked it better there.

They have a large dance floor where you can take the girl which I like but also some weird shows involving a midget and strange outfits.

The choice of girls was decent, maybe around 25-30 ladies, I recognized some from Newport next door.

One of the girl there, Jessica, was very pushy and managed to get me hard by constantly rubbing on me so we went and sat down.

We had a lot of make out, some dances, I paid her a drink, 35p and after that she refused all other drink offers from management, which was nice of her.

I had a good time in the place and took her home for 200p, we had agreed on TLN but I felt like sleeping and she left after about an hour. Sex was good and she did a great job on the bj.

I would go back to that place, I liked the setting and the prices are better than in Madahos.

Gave it close to a week before returning to see which way the Hippopotamus was pointing, on a Friday night. When I got in there were a lot of "couples" sitting on the main floor and in the cushy banquets around the far side. Never could figure if those chicas were on the game or not. There was a parade of minor shows going on across the stage and seats at the bar were full of chicas and guys. Plus more chicas floating around because there weren't good places to sit. The bar had a whack of import Scotchs lined up but for the get in drink I ordered a domestic which was a little rough, not the Dewars I'd had at the Alvear bar a couple of hours earlier but drinkable enough and avoided the import upcharge.

The chica talent varied all over, no bow-wows but not the ripe fruit you'd see at Madahos or the greatest rip in Buenos Aires that begins with a B and ends with a K, and I ain't going back no more, no more.

So I just Sat still and the cruising began. An hour or so later girls that can normally be found at Newport any night of the week started flocking in. I finally picked one that looked interesting, bought her a drink because I figured it was necessary based on a previous conversation about 2 drinks to go out. We left before she finished her first drink and the tab was still 35 mine, 35 p hers and I got the impression from the bar tender that no drink would of been fine. If that's the case, this is one of the cheapest gets in town with live shows and good service. Until they pull the reins in, ride the Hippo.
    Last edited by Bacchus9; 05-14-06 at 23:01. Reason: typo

Hippo

What's old is new. As many of you may know, this was a club back in the late 90's. Shut down sometime after the currency collapse time. They had some pretty erotic floor shows with couples and the girls would all say they were gay. With the dance floor in the center, it makes it pretty interesting. There are probably some old posts on the place and I hope it goes back to it's former glory.

MAG

Hippo

What's old is new. As many of you may know, this was a club back in the late 90's. Shut down sometime after the currency collapse time. They had some pretty erotic floor shows with couples and the girls would all say they were gay. With the dance floor in the center, it makes it pretty interesting. There are probably some old posts on the place and I hope it goes back to it's former glory.

MAG

Thumbs up Great Report

Hey thanks for the very imformative post. I was too busy keeping my two dates from killing each other to notice much of anything. I showed up with two chicas and left with two plus a few a numbers. I would like to go solo or with other Mongers to get the real flavor if this place, although I did see some major action while I was there. I honestly don't remember seeing too many working girls, all I saw was lots of couples, and some non-Pro chicas (unless they were there undercover)

El Grandote

Hippopotamus

Junin 1787 4802-0500, this place is on the strip that includes Newport, between Guido and Vicente Lopez.

Open for 3 nights so far, this place was more recently a nicely upholstered gentleman's gambling lounge with direct feeds from the Hippodromo and San Isidro race tracks. But that little endeavour got shutdown by the police. They seemed a little dodgy then about curiousity of what was inside. Now they've got guys in suits across the main entrance with another guy suited up and in top coat down the way passing out tout cards. If you've seen "Guys and Dolls" you've got the look. It's always impressive to see real Gumba characters in action. I used to go to Elaine's in Manhattan on Friday nights, the night there was a suspicious fire in the Fish Market down along the East River, there were mob guys bold as brass profiling at Elaine's.

These guys are nervous about something, maybe it's just about being visible, compared to the rest of the strip they stick out like Dick Tracy cartoon characters. My favorite, Oscar, gave me a tour of the plush inside. He says they're planning to be the top and the center piece is a large stage with costumed balerinas, a dance floor and several times a night a spectacular show. Just to add to the all ready David Lynch surroundings, there's a midget dressed up in jockey gear and sequined hood. There's a medium sized restaurant to one side, screened off that's open 10 to 4.

Inside the place is plush, it's a 45 p get in, and a domestic drink comes with the ticket. Up a flight of stairs puts you into the main room. The place is so new that chicas are only just discovering it and making the scene. At least for now the drinks for chicas are 35 p. Same price as for your own drinks. 2 chica drinks to leave with one.

After sitting on my own for about 15 minutes I was joined by Amber, a Nicole Kidman look alike. We took in the show which was diverse and pretty interesting, had a dance on the floor and then left to go dance at Cloche on Uriburu for an hour or so, then finishing up the night at my place for a rocking good roll with Nicole Kidman until 5:30. 250 p.

If it sounds intriguing suggest you go now while they're still trying to build customers. Will be interesting to see if they get a raft of chicas like Madahos.
    Last edited by Bacchus9; 05-08-06 at 20:13. Reason: typo

Posting Limitations