Thread: Hippopotamus

+ Submit Report
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyRulz  [View Original Post]
    I'm not going to be the one to yell at you. Your money and you did it in Recoleta so doesn't effect me. Thank you for not doing this at the places I hang out in. However just to give some perspective because you asked.

300 dollars is about 4300 pesos give or take. For me that's about 2. 5 to 3 weeks of hitting something pretty hot, with good to exceptional service, 3 times a week.

I just did a new one off of Solo Indy's today http://www.soloindependientes.com/es...7-4161_882.htm.

1. 5 hours of seriously amazing sex (honestly one of the top 5 ever for me, but my predilections are fairly well known) for 1200 pesos. This is at the top end of what I feel is an acceptable number for a chick here.

Difference is, I live here, I have time to look, and I may be looking for something different.

Something to think about when you're here next time and they hit you at 400 dollars. A doctor in a public hospital makes about 1500 for a 24 hour shift. A good accountant on salary makes around 25,000 a month. The kid selling you a coke at the kiosko makes about 5500 a month.

You spent ridiculously high tourist prices at the ridiculously high tourist place and feel happy with your purchase and you kept it out of the local clubs, no sweat from me hoss. Glad you enjoyed yourself.
    Daddy, is she completa?

Quote Originally Posted by Troyster  [View Original Post]
    I already know I will get shit for this but I don't care. Had two nights in BA and hit Hippo both nights. I don't have a lot of free time when I visit, it is two minutes from my hotel, and there are smoking hot women there. Because I only come down 2 or 3 times a year I plan on spending money for what I want and like. Went in Monday at midnight and it was dead. Well, there were like 5 other dudes there, no one really chatting, and probably 20 girls. Everyone looked bored. Only 3 or 4 girls dancing. Many standing around. Guys at the door were really cool. Spent 15-min before anyone asked about money or a drink. Paid my 300 pesos and took a seat. Spent 15-min chatting up an intimidatingly tall Brazilian. Cool chick and I speak Portuguese which surprised her. Was asked if I wanted to buy her a drink, I said no, and she left shortly thereafter. I didn't last much longer and didn't plan to. It was scouting mission. Tonight, Tuesday, had a better idea of what to expect. Went in at 12:00 again, different story. At least 30 girls, 10 or 11 dancers, and maybe 15 guys. Problem with those numbers is you suddenly feel like you are on parade when you walk in. Paid my 300, sat with a diet coke, and dug in. About 10 min in I was approached by a cutie from Salta. Honestly don't remember her name. Cute, fit, 30, nice ass, natural chest, and one child. Super nice and decent English. Wasn't planning on her but she grew on me. Bought her a drink for 600 pesos (ridiculous I know) and played dumb. After 20 min of chat I asked how much to leave, she said 400 USD. Keep in mind this girl wasn't even a dancer. Cute for sure but come on. That is Vegas expensive. Quickly clarified that she indeed said dollars and not pesos. Laughed a bit and countered with 200 USD. She accepted in less than one second. Lesson learned, should have countered much lower. Don't know how low I could have gone and walked out with a girl but I am very curious now. She covered up and we left. Staying at Loi Suites, around the corner. She had to show I'd at the front desk, no questions asked, to the elevator. Strip tease, massage, let me play around a bit, CBJ after some nut sucking, good sex on top, on bottom, and finished from behind. I prefer protection so CBJ is preferred. Didn't try second round but I think she would have. Wasn't rushed, took a shower and am 99% sure she went back to the club. Done at 1:45 am and should have been in bed by 2. Cool chick, wasn't a robot. Money well spent? You be the judge. For me, yes. Got 14 on the Blu Market, total for two nights at The Hippo with one girl was roughly 300 USD. Convenient, good looking girl, good sex. Will I go back? Of course. I want to ask a dancer for a price just see how high they go. And of anywhere I have been in Latin America, including Brazil and Colombia, hardest bodies I have found are on the dancers at Hippo. I would pay 300 pesos to sit with a drink and watch them for an hour. One day I will find time to hit the privados with the more experienced gentleman on this site. But now is not that time. Happy hunting gentleman. Another good time in BA.
    Sounds like a good evening. Glad you used blue pesos. Goes to show we all do things differently. For $300.00 I will do 5 - 19 Y.O.'s. No drinks and no CBJ. Let's all have a good time and keep the stories coming!

Correct

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyRulz  [View Original Post]
    You spent ridiculously high tourist prices at the ridiculously high tourist place and feel happy with your purchase and you kept it out of the local clubs, no sweat from me hoss. Glad you enjoyed yourself.
    I agree with everything you said. I spend in 2-nights what some of you spend in a month, but I am only here for 1 week per year. Wish I had the time you and some of the others do. I am ok with the touristy joints because I am a tourist. Could I get more for my money? Sure. I just don't have the time and frankly usually don't have the energy either.

I actually made an effort to book up with one of Gysell's friends this trip. Turns out the girl only works daytime hours. Perfect example. I didn't have daytime hours.

Do have to say thanks for all of the helpful info. This forum is a treasure chest. Until next time.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Troyster For This Post:

You asked the question

Quote Originally Posted by Troyster  [View Original Post]
    Money well spent? You be the judge. For me, yes. Got 14 on the Blu Market, total for two nights at The Hippo with one girl was roughly 300 USD.
    I'm not going to be the one to yell at you. Your money and you did it in Recoleta so doesn't effect me. Thank you for not doing this at the places I hang out in. However just to give some perspective because you asked.

300 dollars is about 4300 pesos give or take. For me that's about 2. 5 to 3 weeks of hitting something pretty hot, with good to exceptional service, 3 times a week.

I just did a new one off of Solo Indy's today http://www.soloindependientes.com/es...7-4161_882.htm.

1. 5 hours of seriously amazing sex (honestly one of the top 5 ever for me, but my predilections are fairly well known) for 1200 pesos. This is at the top end of what I feel is an acceptable number for a chick here.

Difference is, I live here, I have time to look, and I may be looking for something different.

Something to think about when you're here next time and they hit you at 400 dollars. A doctor in a public hospital makes about 1500 for a 24 hour shift. A good accountant on salary makes around 25,000 a month. The kid selling you a coke at the kiosko makes about 5500 a month.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Daddy Rulz For This Post:

Ah the Hippo

I already know I will get shit for this but I don't care. Had two nights in BA and hit Hippo both nights. I don't have a lot of free time when I visit, it is two minutes from my hotel, and there are smoking hot women there. Because I only come down 2 or 3 times a year I plan on spending money for what I want and like. Went in Monday at midnight and it was dead. Well, there were like 5 other dudes there, no one really chatting, and probably 20 girls. Everyone looked bored. Only 3 or 4 girls dancing. Many standing around. Guys at the door were really cool. Spent 15-min before anyone asked about money or a drink. Paid my 300 pesos and took a seat. Spent 15-min chatting up an intimidatingly tall Brazilian. Cool chick and I speak Portuguese which surprised her. Was asked if I wanted to buy her a drink, I said no, and she left shortly thereafter. I didn't last much longer and didn't plan to. It was scouting mission. Tonight, Tuesday, had a better idea of what to expect. Went in at 12:00 again, different story. At least 30 girls, 10 or 11 dancers, and maybe 15 guys. Problem with those numbers is you suddenly feel like you are on parade when you walk in. Paid my 300, sat with a diet coke, and dug in. About 10 min in I was approached by a cutie from Salta. Honestly don't remember her name. Cute, fit, 30, nice ass, natural chest, and one child. Super nice and decent English. Wasn't planning on her but she grew on me. Bought her a drink for 600 pesos (ridiculous I know) and played dumb. After 20 min of chat I asked how much to leave, she said 400 USD. Keep in mind this girl wasn't even a dancer. Cute for sure but come on. That is Vegas expensive. Quickly clarified that she indeed said dollars and not pesos. Laughed a bit and countered with 200 USD. She accepted in less than one second. Lesson learned, should have countered much lower. Don't know how low I could have gone and walked out with a girl but I am very curious now. She covered up and we left. Staying at Loi Suites, around the corner. She had to show I'd at the front desk, no questions asked, to the elevator. Strip tease, massage, let me play around a bit, CBJ after some nut sucking, good sex on top, on bottom, and finished from behind. I prefer protection so CBJ is preferred. Didn't try second round but I think she would have. Wasn't rushed, took a shower and am 99% sure she went back to the club. Done at 1:45 am and should have been in bed by 2. Cool chick, wasn't a robot. Money well spent? You be the judge. For me, yes. Got 14 on the Blu Market, total for two nights at The Hippo with one girl was roughly 300 USD. Convenient, good looking girl, good sex. Will I go back? Of course. I want to ask a dancer for a price just see how high they go. And of anywhere I have been in Latin America, including Brazil and Colombia, hardest bodies I have found are on the dancers at Hippo. I would pay 300 pesos to sit with a drink and watch them for an hour. One day I will find time to hit the privados with the more experienced gentleman on this site. But now is not that time. Happy hunting gentleman. Another good time in BA.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Troyster For This Post:

I was Wednesday night too. I had the same feelings towards the place. I will admit there were a lot of good looking girls though.

No. Just, no.

Checked this place out Wednesday night at 1 am-ish. Highly unrecommended.

I was suggested this place by one of the guys they post on the street. He seems like a mugger but he's really not. These guys are up and down the street, they are older guys, and they are actually just trying to be helpful. I tipped them 5 p. For their help.

I walked in, and the door guy was really cool, he let me look at the place first. After I agreed to stay, I paid the 300 p door fee which includes the first drink (bar well, not premium). This is already completely different and extremely high by US standards. Then the real shocker came when I was told that additional drinks are 500 p, but if its for a girl, then its 800 p! Ok, its not even about the 800 p, and I understand I am not in the US anymore, but really? 800 p? Understand, that for just 100 p more, I could have 1 hour of massage and sex TWICE at a privado. Don't even get me started on what that kind of money buys you here. Its not about the money, its about the value. I simply can't justify it. So I left. I tipped someone there 100 p, and I can't get into details about that because the person did me a solid, but I bounced.

Other than that, the place doesn't stink, the girls here are halfway decent, and very friendly. There are lots of girls too. The staff seemed generally irritated. The music is good but loud. The place is cramped, but that is to be expected outside of the USA.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Shawman For This Post:

Same location?

Quote Originally Posted by PeterSideburn  [View Original Post]
    It is open now.
    Wondering if it is still located in the same place?

it is open

It is open now.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peter Sideburn For This Post:

Hope it opens up again

Quote Originally Posted by TejanoLibre  [View Original Post]
    A "Girl" in the Biz told me "the government" in English but she probably means the people that are in charge of the Clubs.

TL.
    Well crap. Just booked a trip for September. Hope it is up and running again. Fun place.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf50  [View Original Post]
    Sorry to edit your post, but while in theory what you wrote above should be true... My favorite club was shut down by the PREFECTURA (or Coast Guard in english for those of you who are not sure what that is) . The owners said they were already paying out coima to every one but some one wanted more. But since the Prefectura is National Government they have not yet found a way to reopen that would not bankrupt them. This club was no where near the water, at least 50 kilometers from anything bigger then a puddle. Reason they were closed? The jefes in the Prefectura wanted their share too and they were not prepared to pay more.
    On one hand corruption here is widespread and expect anything from anybody and on the other hand nothing works exactly the way it should. True, Prefectura is the coastguard but they are patrolling the streets of Buenos Aires just as any other police force. Just before the last elections, due to public outcry demanding more security, the government laid hands on all their Federal forces to give the impression that they were doing something about the crime-wave and filling the streets with uniforms. So they brought in the border-guard (Gendarmeria), the coastguard (Prefectura) and the Seguridad Aeroportuaria (Airport Security) and gave them sectors of the city and of the Greater Buenos Aires to patrol. Doing so, they have left huge holes all over the country's borders for drugs to stream in. Mostly on their way to Europe. As they say in Spanish "Desvestir un santo para vestir otro" (undress one saint to dress another one). Of course, like most things here, it's to some official's benefit that these holes exist.

Now, coming to your favorite club. It could have been closed for various reasons (excuses). By the AFIP for tax reasons; by the government of the Province of Buenos Aires due to conflicts with permits or building and fire codes and so on; by a Province judge for some local crime; or by a Federal judge due to some Federal crime such as drugs. Any of these authorities can use a police force to carry out the closures for them. The province Government and province judge use the Province Police and the AFIP or a Federal Judge will use one of the four Federal forces. In the case of a police investigation that requires closing a business, none of the police forces can close a club on their own authority for more than a few hours while they wait for a legal warrant. As a rule, a Judge will use the police to carry out these closures. A province judge will use Province police and a Federal judge will use the Federal police. But, if a judge has reasons to believe there is police protection or the crime was being investigated by a particular force he may, in the case of a Province judge ask assistance of a Federal force or in the case of a Federal judge he will order the assistance of any of the Federal forces he is most comfortable with. The only way Prefectura could have filed for a warrant to close the club is if it was part of a smuggling investigation carried out by them. And once closed, only a judge can order it to be opened again. Would a judge ask for a bribe? Many wouldn't but some definitely would.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung  [View Original Post]
    With what "government"? The National government can't intervene unless there is a Federal reason to close the club (or open it).
    Sorry to edit your post, but while in theory what you wrote above should be true... My favorite club was shut down by the PREFECTURA (or Coast Guard in english for those of you who are not sure what that is) . The owners said they were already paying out coima to every one but some one wanted more. But since the Prefectura is National Government they have not yet found a way to reopen that would not bankrupt them. This club was no where near the water, at least 50 kilometers from anything bigger then a puddle. Reason they were closed? The jefes in the Prefectura wanted their share too and they were not prepared to pay more.

Supposedly Will Reopen

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung  [View Original Post]
    With what "government"? The city authorities or the National government? The city of Buenos Aires in autonomous. It means Macri is more than a Mayor. He has as much power as any Governor in a province. The National government can't intervene unless there is a Federal reason to close the club (or open it).
    Don't forget the province of Cordoba has prohibited ALL the clubs and bars where there was prostitution and they are enforcing it. The Governor of Cordoba is not one of the Kitchner tribe!
    A "Girl" in the Biz told me "the government" in English but she probably means the people that are in charge of the Clubs.

TL.

Quote Originally Posted by TejanoLibre  [View Original Post]
    I was told that it will reopen on Friday after they reach a new "agreement" with the government.

TL.
    With what "government"? The city authorities or the National government? The city of Buenos Aires in autonomous. It means Macri is more than a Mayor. He has as much power as any Governor in a province. The National government can't intervene unless there is a Federal reason to close the club (or open it).
    Don't forget the province of Cordoba has prohibited ALL the clubs and bars where there was prostitution and they are enforcing it. The Governor of Cordoba is not one of the Kitchner tribe!
    Last edited by Aqualung; 05-06-14 at 01:31. Reason: Adding

Just In !

Quote Originally Posted by Esten  [View Original Post]
    Not too surprising, with the trend in that area, and especially Hippo being right in the middle of the nightlife traffic. I'm sure the city doesn't want tourists seeing all the "couples" exiting the club together. Maybe they'll find another location?
    I was told that it will reopen on Friday after they reach a new "agreement" with the government.

TL.

Posting Limitations