This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyDude  [View Original Post]
    Ohh man that helps, I don't want to waste time writing to landlines, how can I tell if the number is a cell number?

Also, some sites just have a number like 4328-9425, how would I write them on whatsapp?

Thanks so much
    If the phone number starts with 15 and then 8 digits, then it is a BA cell phone line. If it only has eight digits, it is a landline. Only a cell phone with Whatsapp installed will show up on your Whatsapp contact. You can not contact a landline using Whatsapp.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sportsman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ricker  [View Original Post]
    Argentina is wierd with dialing from the US, especially to a cell.

I write girls on Whatsapp with the 15 prefix, your number above would be:

011-54-9-11-6251-5935.
    Ohh man that helps, I don't want to waste time writing to landlines, how can I tell if the number is a cell number?

Also, some sites just have a number like 4328-9425, how would I write them on whatsapp?

Thanks so much

Quote Originally Posted by Joeydude  [View Original Post]
    I just got into town and having lots if problems contacting girls from various websites. I figured I would just use whatsapp to text them but numbers never seem to go through, if the number is say 15-6251-5935, should I be adding a 54 in front of it. I am going nuts here!
    Argentina is wierd with dialing from the US, especially to a cell.

I write girls on Whatsapp with the 15 prefix, your number above would be:

011-54-9-11-6251-5935.

Contacting girls

I just got into town and having lots if problems contacting girls from various websites. I figured I would just use whatsapp to text them but numbers never seem to go through, if the number is say 15-6251-5935, should I be adding a 54 in front of it. I am going nuts here!

Try from states 011 54 11 then eight digit number

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsman
    Stormy,

I have cell phone numbers stored as 15-XXXX-XXXX on my cell phone contact list, but some of them come in as 11-XXXX-XXXX on the caller ID. Did you try using 011-54-911-XXXX-XXXX even the cell number you got has a 11 prefix?
    Yes, that seems just to get me to the Personal system as I said. It works fine for 15 type cell phone numbers but not the 11 ones, at least in my case.

Stormy,

I have cell phone numbers stored as 15-XXXX-XXXX on my cell phone contact list, but some of them come in as 11-XXXX-XXXX on the caller ID. Did you try using 011-54-911-XXXX-XXXX even the cell number you got has a 11 prefix?

Calling an 11 prefix cell phone in Argentina from the U. S.

I can successfully call 15 prefix cell phones in Argentina 15-xxxx-xxxx from the United States by using 011-54-911-xxxx-xxxx. But when I try to call a cell phone with a prefix of 11, 11-xxxx-xxxx using the same method, I get a message that I am in the Personal System but now I need to put in the basic number and the area code without 15 or zero, which I try to do, but without result. I have tried all sorts of combinations when the automated response comes, but without result. Anybody have any experience with this?

Thank you

Administrator

Venues: 398
    How to Make International Calls FROM the USA

The following dialing sequence is used to make international calls from the USA. It is necessary to get the country and, in some cases, city dialing codes for the location being dialed. These can be found on the country dialing code pages.

011 + (Country Dialing Code) + (City Dialing Code) + (Local Phone Number)

Note: The city dialing code is not always necessary.

===================================================

How to Make International Calls TO the USA

The country dialing code for the USA is 1. When international calls are made to the USA the following dialing convention is normally used.

00 - 1 - (USA Area Code) - (Local USA Phone Number)

The 00 dialed at the beginning of the sequence indicates an international call when dialed from many but not all countries. See the international dialing instructions on the individual country pages to find the international dialing code for making international calls from specific countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Joram40
    Thats not correct.

00-54-911-5109-3905

Greetings
    From Inside the USA its 011, for international.

From other places its 00. When I call the US I use 00. When I am in the US I use 011. It your using a cell phone then just us the + sign.

So 011-54-911-5103-3905 is correct from inside the USA.
    From Europe or somewhere else, then it's 00-54-911-5109-3905
    I used to call BA last year allot, to talk to a girl I met.

Quote Originally Posted by Zallakab1
    I have been trying to call a cell phone in BA (Roxana) from the US and cannot get through. I am using the following sequence.

011 54 XXX-XXX-XXXX.

Any suggestions.

Thanks.

Carlos.

Montevideo Mongerer
    011-54-911-5103-3905

Calling BA from US

I have been trying to call a cell phone in BA (Roxana) from the US and cannot get through. I am using the following sequence.

011 54 XXX-XXX-XXXX.

Any suggestions.

Thanks.

Carlos.

Montevideo Mongerer

Does anyone know if it is possible to call a toll free Argentine number from abroad? They are usually in the form 0-810-xxx-xxxx, which you can dial without any prefix throughout Argentina. I tried several prefix combinations from USA with no success.

Up until a few years ago you could not call US toll free numbers from Argentina; now you usually can but it's charged as a regular call.

Yahoo! PC-to-Phone

I am using a service from Yahoo which allows me to make telephone calls from my PC, using a mic and the PC's speakers, to regular telephones. The cost to call the US is 1 US cent per minute. The quality is perfectly acceptable. Sometimes I have been unable to signin to the service and I've had that problem persist for several hours. Hasn't been an issue for me, but might be if you were trying to call, i.e. Clients.

I tried to setup a similar service from Skype, but I was not able to use my debit card to fund the account. I suspect that they did not like a US debit card being used from Argentina.

Yahoo also has a service which can route telephone calls TO your PC, but I have not looked into that.

Bob

Calling Argentina

As I understand it, unlike the normal caller-pays that applies to calls within Argentina, the receiver of the call gets charged something when they receive an international call. Therefore, the owner of the number has to enable receiving international calls.

Of course, my information might be complete crap but I've had multiple problems calling both wired and cell numbers in BA from the US even when the call was being dialed correctly.

Posting Limitations