Thread: Art Hotel or Wilton?

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
This blog is moderated by Digits
    Hoboken, birthplace of "Ol' Blue Eyes" Last time I was there over ten years ago and was still predominatly an Italian neighborhood. But a mile or two away you are in Jersey City. Now that's where you really want to be.

I pass by Camden often on my way to Philly. They are building condos near the waterfront for about 200K an unit and they are selling them. But only a few blocks away from the main road you are in the DMZ.

Newark is a great little neighborhood. It's currently undergoing significant gentrification. Hoboken is another good area. I think that instead of buying property in Buenos Aires people should really look at these areas. Camden, also.

Quote Originally Posted by Dickhead
    Try to relax a little bit. Life is good.
    You think I'm uptight? Imagine how I'd be if I hadn't have sold two-thirds of my stock portfolio back in February and March (and a little bit last Friday).

Moore, I think you especially need to check out the local establishements in an area of New York called the "South Bronx." There are some great whoares working the area. You can take a short subway ride there for action.

I'm finally taking my first trip to the Big Apple! I'll be spending 5 days in NYC and I want to see and experience as much as possible. My expert Argentine travel agent just made my hotel reservations - the hotel is in a district called Newark. I'm sure that's in a great area of town and that I'll be within walking distance or a 5 minute subway/taxi ride of all the city attractions. I especially want to see "The Wall" street. I'm guessing that the Newark area of New York City is like Recoleta or Palermo in Buenos Aires. Can any New Yorkers confirm?

Also, should I hire a guide? I hear there are rats, gangs, cockroaches, mobsters, and Puerto Ricans everywhere there. The Newark zone is probably safe though.

I'm just jerking Moore's chain, Hunt. Capt Dave already posted about the one to which Moore refers although I don't remember the thread title. And he said "phone numbers on request," or some shit like that. I don't have the exact address handy and I personally have never had sex there. It's in La Lucila on Maipu, which is the continuation of Cabildo, which is the continuation of Santa Fe.

We found a place in Munro where you can get a BJ for 20 pesos for 20 minutes. I get a two peso commission for everyone I bring there. This place is a classic. 4299 Ituzaingo (it's a house) is the address. Saw two chicas there and one was cute. The other one, well, was not.

Also we like the "Paraguayan Embassy" which is right on the way to the Carrefour. 24 / 7 / 365 take out, delivery, or dine on premises.

Try to relax a little bit. Life is good.

Thumbs down

No, I haven't posted about any of them, and I don't plan to.
    Hmmm.

No, I haven't posted about any of them, and I don't plan to. But mansion guests have access to the information.

Also it's worth noting that there are at least four privados within walking distance of the mansion, which probably was not the case with the Paris Best Western. By walking distance I mean within a mile, the closest being exactly 6 blocks away. And those are just the ones we've found so far. An additional 5 or six are within 10 minutes by bus. One of those had seven women there when we went on our last scouting mission, and that was during the day time.
    Have you made any posts for these privados? I'd like to try a few out, especially the one with 7 chicas in the daytime. Maybe later this week.

Exclamation The mansion is a fair deal

Been recently a guest at the Mansion I have to say that the quality of the place, service (provide by the maid) the useful advice from DH, the convenience of the location, and the psychological impact of the mansion with chicas and non pro GF. What Capt Dave charges is a bargain!

Not only once I've took a taxi while staying at the Mansion. Everything is so close by, I even ordered sushi once. It was an overall awesome experience. The train is extremely close to the mansion that it makes no sense to use other means for transportation.

I've stayed at hotels before and nothing compares.

ELMATAD0R

Also it's worth noting that there are at least four privados within walking distance of the mansion, which probably was not the case with the Paris Best Western. By walking distance I mean within a mile, the closest being exactly 6 blocks away. And those are just the ones we've found so far. An additional 5 or six are within 10 minutes by bus. One of those had seven women there when we went on our last scouting mission, and that was during the day time.

Plus the mansion is four blocks from the river, where there are numerous restaurants, bars, walking paths, and so forth. Also probably not the case with the Paris Best Western. For sports fans, the Cancha de River is closer to the mansion than Boca stadium is to either the Microcenter or Recoleta. I haven't actually clocked the distance but I think the Hipodromo and the polo grounds are as close to the mansion as they are to downtown. You can walk to the sailing marina from here, too. There is a gym two blocks away; in fact it is a large private health club with a restaurant, similar to Le Parc on San Martin in the Microcenter.

So, with all due respect, Moore, it's not the same thing as being in the "boondocks." Have you ever been here? And I don't know which Paris airport you are talking about but none of them is ten blocks from the city limits. Nor can you get from any of the Paris airports to the city center at a cost of sixteen cents US.

Not taking sides

Travel preferences vary like anything else. I've traveled a lot to unknown countries in which I did not speak the language and I cannot remember ever using or needing a human guide, though I used the InternationalSexGuide many times. Just give me a map, the ISG, and a brief travel book and I get around just fine and also find the good local whoares easily. My first trip to Buenos Aires was no exception and I spoke almost zero Spanish at that time. Some people like or even need human guides but I don't. I prefer the adventure of learning a new place on my own.

I'm thinking back to all the places I've visited - Prague, Budapest, Bareclona, Rio, Bangkok, Rome, etc and all my trips have one thing in common - my accomodations were centrally located. I don't think any of those trips would have been nearly as rewarding if I had stayed a 30 minute train ride out into the boondocks. Due to a missed connection, I spent a night at the airport hotel in Paris once, which is roughly the same distance out of town. I had a great night watching TV since walking out the hotel door was no different than walking into the Holiday Inn parking lot in Boise, Idaho. I visited the mansion once and I liked it, but I would not stay way out there, especially if I were making my first 7day trip to BA and wanted to see and do as much as possible.

The actual train time to Retiro is 23 minutes. The trains run every 9-13 minutes during the day, declining gradually in frequency to every 20 minutes by the night time. It takes one minute to walk to the train. Therefore if one has to wait the maximum 19 minutes one is in Retiro in 43 minutes. That's a worst-case scenario; median performance is much better. The trains aren't circulators; they have an actual schedule so there wouldn't be any reason to wait a long time for them. Write down the times they leave and show up two minutes before.

The actual cab fare from the farthest of the Microcenter clubs, Jaz Pub, is 18,72. Again, a worst case scenario. The mansion is exactly ten blocks from the city border.

It is true that it can take an hour to get downtown by bus if the traffic is heavy, but then there wouldn't be any reason to do that since the trains would be running. I only use the bus to get back from the Centro at night after the train stops. The buses are also very handy for getting around Vicente López itself, although I normally use my bicycle for that (and mansion guests are welcome to borrow it).

Those are facts.

What's this taxi thing? Something only idiots take, yes?

As your host says, the way to go and come from the Mansion is either a collectivo bus and / or the train. By the time you wait for the bus, take the bus, wait for the train, take the train, it's easily an hour, if not more.

You now say the rate is now 60 bucks a night. Of course, this doesn't include the "special services" of the tourguide / pubcrawler / pussy advisor that you advertised in your very own thread, found here, which was 450 bucks for a two-night stay. I don't keep track of the day-to-day fluctuations in price at the Mansion, but let's compare apples-to-apples. If somebody wants a room out in the suburbs without any "special services," 60 bucks a night is still way overpriced.

And despite what you imply, this observation nothing to do with personalities. In fact, I am the one being attacked here for giving an honest opinion in a civil way.

Hunt - PLEASE!

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt99

And above all else - enjoy the hour-long trip to and from your overpriced accomodations way out in the suburbs.
    Hunt -

I know you have some personal issues with some of the other members, but PLEASE don't imply to forum members who might not know better that the mansion is an hour from the city. As you know, it is a 20 minute, 50 centavo train ride right to the Plaza San Martin at the base of Florida St. And, although the price of cabs keeps going up, it is still 15-20 pesos to ANYWHERE downtown (including Flores) and even less to Belgrano or Palermo. I have frequently gotten to Las Canitas (in Belgrano) BEFORE people leaving from the "center of the action".

As for overpriced, someone who does so much "shopping" at Black should be willing to acknowledge that value does not equal price! The fact is the $60/ night winter rate for the Blue room at the mansion is less then even the Wilton and less then 1/2 some of the "fancier" hotels (plus we don't charge 21% tax or forbid / charge for telephone calls.)

Please try to refrain from disseminating misinformation in the course of your silly bickering with DH and Daddy!

Thanks,

David

First off, I would never say that people should ignore another poster, unless that poster was a total boob. For example, in Daddy Rulz' rant, he gives some useful information, mostly in his last paragraph.

On the other hand, his judgment and advice is clouded by his notion of friendship. I would never advise a non-Spanish speaker who has never been to Buenos Aires to spend his time following around somebody who (using DR's words here) is apt to be "so fucking drunk he could barely stand."

Touting this kind of "service" is just that - a tout. If you want to put yourself at risk, do follow a drunk around, follow the lead and get ripsnorting drunk yourself, make threats to people, get pissed off, get angry (maybe if you're lucky you'll get into a fistfight!) - and above all else - enjoy the hour-long trip to and from your overpriced accomodations way out in the suburbs.

Posting Limitations