Thread: Art Hotel or Wilton?

+ Submit Report
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
This blog is moderated by Digits

Man I have known him a long time.

Hunt,

I have never seen what you rudely imply (without even having the guts to actually say it) The only people I've seen DH do rude shit to where folks that had demonstrated severly clueless behaviour over a long period of time. I admit the man doesn't suffer fools well, but there is a difference between foolishness and a lack of knowledge. He has been an invaluable resource as well as a good friend. I've seen him so fucking drunk he could barely stand yet not be an asshole.

Digits if you look at the history between those two you will see Hunt attacking DH alot. Best advice I can think of is number one, ignore Hunt, two, keep ignoring Hunt. I'm not saying Jax isn't fun to hang with, I've only met him once and enjoyed it, but don't be scared of DH. Well be scared of him if your an asshole that drinks up his beer without replacing it, bug him all day long because you are pathetic and can't entertain yourself for 10 seconds without help, get this weird idea that hookers are your girlfriend and think they should be faithful to you, sit on your ass all day long in SP waiting for him to post so you can accuse him of getting free pussy for arrainging work for the providors he knows, that kind of shit.

Staying out in V. Lopez is kind of a long commute but it's a really nice place. Jacksons apartment is nice and located at a good spot. The Wilton has a great staff and you will only have problems with one person and she's off duty at 2300, so unless your bringing girls there in the middle of the afternoon you won't have a problem. And you won't then either if you just tell her to shut the fuck up and leave you alone as I used to. If you can get the room I mentioned before at the Wilton it's great.

I've never stayed at the Art Hotel so I can't comment.

Just come down bubba, be willing to make mistakes, don't take any non radio cabs, NEVER EVER EVER pay for pussy up front (except in an apartment) eat some good steaks, fuck some pretty girls, hook up with some guys drink a lot of beer and puke in a gutter someplace. Have fun.

One of the first things I did when I was a newbie in Buenos Aires was to buy Jackson dinner. I got more useful information from him, for the cost of one lomo and half a bottle of wine, than I have from any other single individual who has ever set up shop in Buenos Aires. Plus, he stays sober (or at least relatively sober ) and has never been known the be involved in angry confrontations with people. The newbie to Buenos Aires would be far better advised to follow that path than to do what you advise, Exon. Nobody who goes on vacation wants to be involved in the middle of an incident, which is what your advice might lead to.

The last time I stayed at LoiSuites Recoleta it cost me 125 bucks a night. Maybe you need to get a better travel agent to book your deals, amigo!

Retired Member

Lightbulb

Here's the reason the He's is better off at the Mansion from my perspective.

The Guy has never been to Buenos Aires in his Life. He knows noone in the City. He also stated that he's only going to be there for a long weekend, say three nights. He may not speak Spanish. He has very limited time to soak in the entire experience.

He would never get the entire experience of Buenos Aires Mongering if he were alone in an Apartment or Hotel room by himself. He simply would not know where to go. Example: He might go to Excedra looking for "Pussy" at lunch time, if he knew there Excedra was, but probably doesn't.

By staying out in Vicente Lopez he has the advantage of DickHeads "Guidence and Counciling" which would elimate all the variables and save him valuable time descovering the city. He only has three days mind you.

But the draw back to this is the commute. Yes he could waste as much as half an hour in the morning getting into town on the train. And a few extra peso's at night with the taxi home. Plus maybe some extra cab fare sending back home the Chica he's picked out to Fuck that night.

His only other real option is to rent the Hotel room and hang out at El Alamo and hope to find a Monger thats willing to take him under his "Wing". Or possibly he could hire "Miss Sol" as a tour guide or a reasonable substute to guide him around town. But in time that would cramp his stile.

So buy using DickHead's wisdom at the Mansion the Guy has a running start at discovering the entire Buenos Aires experience apon his arrival. At about the same price as the Apartment or Cheap Hotel, (LoiSuites, Recoleta is over $200 USD per night by the way) But the down side is he'll waste almost an hour a day commuteing.

Its really his choice.

Exon

Dave,

I have been to your place. Not recently since you have been the proprietor, of course, but I have been. And you are a nice guy and surely a welcoming host to your guests. So unless you managed to move the Mansion ten miles to the southeast I think I know something about your neighborhood.

But you live way out in the suburbs when all of the action to be had in Buenos Aires is downtown. Now of course some "action" can be procured to come out to the suburbs, but realistically a guy who doesn't speak good Spanish can't do that without relying on someone to walk him through the process, and a guy who is looking for high-energy nighttime and daytime fun is going to spend a lot of time traveling back and forth to Vicente Lopez, a nice, upper middle class, sleepy suburb. No need to do either of those when you stay in Recoleta and Microcentro, either in a hotel or apartment, either of which can be at prices much lower than you charge visitors to the Mansion.

And personally, I've never been abused by a desk clerk because of my guests. In fact, if you stay in one of the places that guys talk positively about, you will even find helpful assistance at the front desks of many hotels. LoiSuites Recoleta springs to mind, but there are many others. Of course, if people want to defy history and stay someplace like the Wilton which is not entirely "chica friendly," then no amount of advice can save them from their own stupidity.

Dead in Vicente Lopez?

Hunt.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "dead", especially since to the best of my recollection you've never stayed here!

I'm sure staying at the Sheraton and going to Black is nice, but why would you stay in a noisy 3 star hotel and be abused by some snotty night clerk when you could be living in a mansion and be abused by me for the same or less!

David

Retired Member

Talking

I was born in Evanston.

Exon

If a guy is a first-time monger in Buenos Aires I would say that staying out in Vicente Lopez isn't exactly what I'd recommend. It's dead out there, going there is kind of like saying you're going to Chicago and instead staying in Evanston. You don't get a flavor for the real BsAs visiting lifestyle that is centered on Recoleta and Microcentro. I love Evanston, it's beautiful and wealthy, but it's a long way to Party Central on Rush Street and Wrigley Field. Yes you can take the RTA into Chi-town, but why?

I think Exxons right that cocksucker

I stayed at the Wilton a lot and if you can get the room on the 14th floor, front tower with the double bed good deal. The afternoon girl on the front desk is a pain in the ass for chickas but otherwise can be helpfull. Any other rooms there are ok but nothing special.

Compared to Jacksons old bedroom at the mansion they suck though. I don't know Dave's rates for that room but I would recomend it. Plus you get access to the master monger himself DH. Don't be a DH yourself though or you will pay the price. Hint, if you drink beer, replace said drunken beer with new beer.

Short trainride to downtown on the Tigre train which has more poon on it than you can imagine, 25 pesos for a cab ride home or you can just take a chicka to a tello.

Retired Member

Smile

Digits,

PM DickHead and see if theres room at the Manison.

Since its your first time in Buenos Aires your going to need a little help to see all there is to see. In other words you are going to need some direction.

He'll treat you right and it will be more fun than staying in a hotel by yourself.

Have Ana Luna pick you up at the airport and drive you right to the place.

But words of advice, don't let Dickhead take you to those Pirvato's he talks about. Go down town and get some "Good Pussy" LOL, LOL.

Exon

I hear you Exon. I am not (and don't want to be) a big spender; that's for sure. For a long weekend though (and especially during a first trip to BA) it seems that going with an apartment may not be worth it, unless you feel comfortable enough with what you are going to get. Having said that, I did actually check and Jackson's apartment is not available for that period.

I periodically go to CTG and always rent an apartment there, whether I stay for two days or an entire week. I would guess that during my next trip to BA (after this one) I will go with an apt.

Thanks for the feedback.

Retired Member

Smile

Digits.

It doesn't take any brains to spend money, anybody and do that.

Get an Apartment, its that simple.

Exon

Get an apartment

Save the $90/ day and rent jackson apartment or another apartment. Wilton - you have the readheaded 55+ ***** who will charge you if you bring a girl up to room. The Wilton does not have any views.1st time they tried giving me twin bed, well @ 6'2" I didnt exactly fit, much less with a chica.

Next time I'm in BsAs, its either Jacksons apartment or the Mansion with Capt Dave.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the advice. In fact, I have done the search which has helped me narrow it down to these two. If I had to pick one now, I would go with the Art Hotel, but there are certainly points to be made in favor of the Wilton as well. Hence the question.

Thanks.

Digits

Use the search function for the numerous posts discussing these hotels, please.

Art Hotel or Wilton?

Ok. It's getting close. I had four bookings for my long weekend in a couple of weeks and am down to two: the Art Hotel (a double at US 90) and the Wilton (at around US 70) Which one should I keep? Any feedback as to the pros and cons of either one is very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Digits

Posting Limitations