Thread: Ripoff Scams

+ Submit Report
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Angry Wow

I am sorry to hear of what happened to the victim and also that something sinister should happen in the happy mongering ground of BA. Good work Jackson on exposing this to everybody.

Of course the first mistake was "falling in love" with the girl, and time and again people in the forums warn about that, but the part that really kills me is that he allowed himself to be in compromising photographs. Hell, it's always possible to accidentally mail such a photo to someone anyway, if you're careless enough. So bad, bad idea.

Once I gave my business card to a professional woman in Brazil, just because it had my email on it. After I returned to the States, it occurred to me how stupid that was. She could threaten to write a letter to the address or call my house # (probably easily discoverable from name and city / state) Of course, nothing like that happened, and the overwhelming majority of working women would never turn to extortion like this Irina did, but the point is, I exposed myself to some risk, however small, and completely unnecessarily.

As always, a little common sense using the big head instead of the little one should keep you out of trouble; most of the time, anyway. I like the suggestion by others to go to a transitorio the first time with a girl, I may just start doing that.

Password your BIOS on your laptop, password the XP login, and also bring one of those cable locks and lock it the bedframe or something. The more obstacles you put in the way, the more likely they'll give up. Don't leave business cards around (heh) Use common sense!

And Jackson is 100% correct that paying someone off would not end the problem, and you simply have to go raise a ruckus with the cops.

HG

Quote Originally Posted by Chica Chaser
    Jackson,

Do you know whether XP's security feature is very strong? I mean when you assign a password to a user name?

Chica Chaser
    Not really, there are ways to bypass this security feature, (password User name security feature) your common everyday user, or possibly thief wouldn't know how to do this, but those of us that do know how, can do it in less than a minute.

Jackson,

Thanks for the extremely well written article.

If I ever buy a laptop I will very likely take it with me these vacations. Do you know whether XP's security feature is very strong? I mean when you assign a password to a user name? Whether it is or isn't I suppose it's prudent to remove all contact information from the machine - perhaps exporting them and then importing them to Yahoo! Mail.

Chica Chaser

================================================

Hi Chica Chaser,

I can tell you right now that XP's security is not what you want to be relying upon to protect your data. What you want is an encryption program that encrypts your files so that they can't be read except by somebody with the encrption program's password.

Thanks,

Jackson
    Last edited by Chica Chaser; 05-26-06 at 14:41. Reason: Question added

Excellent info

Jackson,

Thanks for posting this information. This is important for all of us to remember that most of the time they are bluffing when it comes to extortion.

However, as one who does not yet speak Spanish well enough to file legal complaints, I would probably tell the chica to fuck off and then catch a ride home.

Thanks for providing this information. I hope to remember it every time I am in BA so I can view all chicas with a little more skepticism.

Suerte,

Stowe

That woman is fucking UGLY. Perhaps the nose would come in handy for Exon, you are losing your grip on reality. I think maybe You need To go Wack Off.

A prudent monger should do one of two things:

1) Always take any unknown pussy to a transitorio (of YOUR choosing and not hers), or
    2) Be a Dickhead and don't own anything worth stealing.

Or both.

Retired Member

Unhappy

Mongering can be a very dangerous sport and or hobby we all should keep that in mind and never let our guard down.

The only good thing thats come out of this is we all know about it and hopefully avoid such a tragedy.

This poor Fucker Mark 2 loved the girl. I'm sure that hurts worse than the Ripp Off.

Exon

Thanks Jackson for perking up that detail.

At the risk of undermining the plot makings of a Hollywood thriller I think you should call that toll free number and offer to hand 'em the file and pictures. This stuff is downright diabolical and it doesn't sound like it's over yet. What a story.

Enough to make you a believer in transitorios.

====================================================

Hi Bacchus9,

That's exactly my point: It's probably not over because they're probably working on other victims at this moment.

Thanks,

Jackson

Just an idea

Does anybody know where she lives. We could ask for Mark 2's stuff back (I know it's sold already) and print about a million copies of thoses pics and plaster her barrio. You could also tell her you will do that the next time she calls you.

Perhaps the most valuable of all is this, which unfortunately was at the tail of the report:

The Tourist Police Unit has a toll-free number, 0800-999-5000, for responding to tourist calls 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

But I don't understand Jackson why you didn't mention recommending it to Mark2, unless you actually have no confidence in them.

====================================================

Hi Bacchus9,

Perhaps I didn't make it clear.

I did recommend to Mark2 that he contact the Tourist Police, and our mutual friend who Mark2 spoke with on the telephone during our conversation, who is a Porteno and who speaks English, agreed to accompany him to the Tourist Police station the next day to assist.

After Mark2 left my house, the next day, when it was planned for him to go to the Tourist Police office in the company of our mutual friend, he, Mark2, apparently changed his mind.

Thanks,

Jackson

Yasser Arafat is alive! Yikes.

Great report.

Thanks,

Flexy

Thumbs up

My 110% Support!

Strad

Good report

Hey Jackson, Damm GOOD REPORT, I agree with you 100% ,

Almost always it is just these petty criminals blowing smoke,.

Like in everything in life, one has to stand up to any type of extortion. This website is rich with lots of good info.

Keep up the great work.

GI.

Thumbs up

Excellent work exposing this puta's scamming, Jackson. Thanks for looking out for us.

Thumbs down More of Irina

Hi Guys,

Irina back in 04, had the pleasure of her company once. Pity to read that she has resorted to scamming.

Later All.

F G II
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Irina 04 (1).JPG‎   Irina 04 (2).JPG‎   Irina 04 (3).JPG‎   Irina 04 (4).JPG‎  

Posting Limitations