View Poll Results: Do you prefer to stay in a rental apartment or a hotel room when you visit BA?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • I've stayed in both rental apartments and hotel rooms, and I prefer apartments.

35 67.31%
  • I've stayed in both rental apartments and hotel rooms, and I prefer hotels.

2 3.85%
  • I've always stayed in hotel rooms, I've never rented an apartment.

3 5.77%
  • I've always stayed in rental apartments, I've never stayed in a hotel.

12 23.08%

Thread: Rental Apartments vs Hotels

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
This blog is moderated by Jackson

Apart Hotels

That's why I like Apart Hotels. Many are just apartment buildings where some of the units get rented out by the night. You get all the benefits of an apartment and all the benefits of a hotel. Privacy and daily maid service. They do tend to be more expensive than the equivalent apt though, but cheaper than an equivalent hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by Exon123
    . But I quickly learned its much more cost effective to rent apartments.

The draw back to the apartment is of course no daily maid service, but it goes deeper than that. Most Argentine landlords furnish their rental properities with the cheapish furnishing possible. Frankly making you stay almost uncomfortable. They also want a big cash deposit up front, which of course deducts from your Mongering capital. To counter this I've found that by paying a little extra money I'll get something closer to American standards.

Over all it depents on the length of your stay. If your here for just 3 or 4 nights, your best choice is a Hotel. Longer stays week or more your better off in an apartment. But pay a little extra, like anything you get what you pay for.

Exon
    My apartments also have full service like an hotel: daily maid, daily breakfast, laundry, wi-fi, cellphone, and more. And you can stay for 3 nights if you want to.

Basically, a NICE hybrid apartment is intented to cover this need: Privacy, more space (4 times bigger) kitchen, and nicer furniture than an hotel for less money.

Apartments for me if more than a week

1) I just rented from Alojargentina and found the experience overall positive. I found a lavandria nearby and did the sheets and towel drop (8 pesos per load) off after several calls to have an additional set deliverred.

2) Scouting the location takes time and there is no way to judge street noise and bed quality via photograph. Beware the sofa bed.

3) Having a kitchenette made the experience better. Coffee and fruit and breads the way I like. The girls love it when you prepare breakfast for them.

4) The size of the apartment will be much larger than the hotel for the same price.

5) I would not bother with apartment for a few days due to risk of telephone, tv, not working and the deposit bullshit and the 1 hour checkin and 1 hour checkout.

I don't think I saved any money but for about 70US a night the place was equal to a 100US plus hotel.

a plug for jackson

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleAgeGuy
    I have tried both many times and much prefer the apartment route where you can have some space, privacy. One of the stated downsides for apartments is the lack of a daily cleaning. I would think that if you ask the owner / rental agency, for a nominal fee you can ussually get this.

I have stayed at Jackson's recently and he has enough supplies there that if you want to change up on towels, sheets, etc. On your own, between the twice-a-week maid service, it is possible. Also, no hassle internet hookup and a great phone service which you would never find in a hotel.

Although I do not need or want to stay in Recoleta, (and only have once before) it was a very handy location for me this last time. For someone fairly new to BA, or who is a bit apprehensive in a new city, the location does not get any better. I will say the apartments' reputation seemed to be well known by some of the fairer sex from a few years back providing me with a few curious side ways glances.

My appologies if this sounds like a plug for Jackson's place, but I was a satisfied customer.

Nice stay there Jackson. Thanks,
    Highly recommend Jackson's pad in Recoleta. Yes this is a plug for jackson. I was highly and greatly satisfied. I am a happy camper. Will be staying there in all my future trips to baires when available.

Armbia

Do Argentinian doormen like to gossip with their neighbors?

I usually buzz chicas up, so my doorman would have no idea. There was only one time late at night, I bought this busty Sabrina from New Port back to my apartment, and to my supprise, my doorman's eyes popped out and almost choked in catching of his breath! From the remaining days I stayed there, my doorman started to give me this mysteries kind of smile. Maybe I should've been more discreet; I have made friends with couple of neighbors in the building, I even took a chica who lives in the building out to dinner once. So, do Argentinian doormen like to gossip with their neighbors? I am sure they do.

By the way, Sabrina was great, and very "dirty". She's got this giant pair of boobs that constantly getting whristled on the streets and she knew very well why.

If you guys are ashamed of being seen going back to your room with a different woman every night, perhaps you ought to consider a different hobby. Stamp collecting, perhaps?

Apt vs Hotel

I have tried both many times and much prefer the apartment route where you can have some space, privacy. One of the stated downsides for apartments is the lack of a daily cleaning. I would think that if you ask the owner / rental agency, for a nominal fee you can ussually get this.

I have stayed at Jackson's recently and he has enough supplies there that if you want to change up on towels, sheets, etc. on your own, between the twice-a-week maid service, it is possible. Also, no hassle internet hookup and a great phone service which you would never find in a hotel.

Although I do not need or want to stay in Recoleta, (and only have once before) it was a very handy location for me this last time. For someone fairly new to BA, or who is a bit apprehensive in a new city, the location does not get any better. I will say the apartments' reputation seemed to be well known by some of the fairer sex from a few years back providing me with a few curious side ways glances.

My appologies if this sounds like a plug for Jackson's place, but I was a satisfied customer.

Nice stay there Jackson. Thanks,

I think bringing hookers into hotels is a lot of fun. Like at Dazzler, they would rate your hookers for you the next day: "Well the first one was a seven. The second was a six. Coulda been an eight but had too much junk in the trunk."

Although, my doorman in my apartment in Barrio Norte also began to rate my chicas and even took photos of a couple. He was recently widowed so was probably using them to whip the skippy.

Bringing the girl into your hotel, although "allowed", is no fun, as far as I'm concerned. Calling it the "walk of shame" I think sums it up well.

But for you hotel guys, don't forget transitorios.

Depends on the length of stay. Anything less than two weeks, I definitely prefer the convenience of a hotel. Beyond that, probably an apartment.

Quote Originally Posted by Exon123
    But the real draw back is privatcy, everyone in the Hotel knows your business. Each time you parade past the desk clerk and the like taking the "Walk of Shame". A great example is my old friend Micky Mouse, he'd parade the Chics by to the point that the employ's of the Hotel would start cheering him on with every new girl.
    Ha, the old doorman in my building was very amused each time I brought home a chica. I think his eyes even lit up a little bit.

Retired Member

Checkmark

My first few trip's to Buenos Aires I used Hotels.

But I quickly learned its much more cost effective to rent apartments.

But there are both plus's and minus's to both. Your hotel will have daily maid service, fresh towels so so forth. But the real draw back is privatcy, everyone in the Hotel knows your business. Each time you parade past the desk clerk and the like taking the "Walk of Shame". A great example is my old friend Micky Mouse, he'd parade the Chics by to the point that the employ's of the Hotel would start cheering him on with every new girl.

The draw back to the apartment is of course no daily maid service, but it goes deeper than that. Most Argentine landlords furnish their rental properities with the cheapish furnishing possible. Frankly making you stay almost uncomfortable. They also want a big cash deposit up front, which of course deducts from your Mongering capital. To counter this I've found that by paying a little extra money I'll get something closer to American standards.

Over all it depents on the length of your stay. If your here for just 3 or 4 nights, your best choice is a Hotel. Longer stays week or more your better off in an apartment. But pay a little extra, like anything you get what you pay for.

Exon

=============================================

Hi Exon,

Not one to lose an opportunity, I would like to add that you can use a credit card to reserve my apartment and as your security deposit.

In addition, the furniture in my apartment is of decidedly better quality that many rental apartments. Not only does my furniture actually match, but my two matching couches are new and my bedroom mattress is very high quality.

Thanks,

Jackson

Actually I'm focused into rent my hybrid more than rent my apartments. Anyway I agree to Dickhead regarding the issue about the genetics of theeth.

From my experience as a landlord, it's much better if people rent apartments. From my experience running a hotel, it's much better if people rent hotel rooms. Know what I mean?

From my experience as both a property owner and also someone that came to BA many times as a tourist and also from traveling and renting properties, my experience has always been it's better to rent from people that are owners or from people that have experienced property managers there on-site.

Posting Limitations