View Poll Results: Do you prefer to stay in a rental apartment or a hotel room when you visit BA?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • I've stayed in both rental apartments and hotel rooms, and I prefer apartments.

35 67.31%
  • I've stayed in both rental apartments and hotel rooms, and I prefer hotels.

2 3.85%
  • I've always stayed in hotel rooms, I've never rented an apartment.

3 5.77%
  • I've always stayed in rental apartments, I've never stayed in a hotel.

12 23.08%

Thread: Rental Apartments vs Hotels

+ Submit Report
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
This blog is moderated by Jackson
    I voted from the perspective of my prior status as a visitor. I do think it depends on the length of the stay. The longer the stay, the more the scales tilt towards the apartment. A week might be a rough break-even point. Also the better the Spanish skills, the more the scales tilt towards the apartment. Finally, the greater your desire to cook or get some one else to cook in your home, the more the scales tilt towards the apartment.

The scales could be tilted back to the hotel, if.

1) you are the type of person who uses a hell of a lot of towels and could need more at a moment's notice (the noted former monger Mickey Mouse comes to mind here),

2) you would use concierge-type services such as obtaining theater tickets (of course the Argentina Private Mansion provides concierge services, as do some apartment purveyors to varying degrees)

3) you would get frequent flyer or frequent guest-type points.

Those are just some random thoughts I had. I think the Mansion is a bit of a hybrid with aspects of a hotel and aspects of an apartment.

Administrator

Venues: 398

Rental Apartments vs Hotels

Greetings everyone,

As the operator of a rental apartment myself, and as a friend of several forum members with rental apartments, including Capt Dave's Mansion, I am curious to know how many guys prefer rental apartments vs hotels for their visits to BA.

Thanks,

Jackson

Posting Limitations