Thread: Hotel Marbella

+ Submit Report
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Hotel Marbella

As requested here is the reveiw. This should really be it's own thread because to get to this real reveiw you have to wade through quite a bit of shit.

The Hotel Marbella http://www.hotelmarbella.com.ar/

If you need a hotel to impress people or you need to feel like you've "arrived" this is not the hotel for you. If you want a clean and comfortable, but basic, room for sleeping and fucking for a good price this is the place. My only problem with the Marbella is that I didn't have the foresight to book the rooms for my entire stay in Argentina just leaving it empty when I went to Iguazu because they were booked up when I got back. When a hotel is always booked that is a good referral by itself. The price for a single room is 90 Pesos a day for a single but you get a 10% discount if you pay in cash. The beds are a little small so if I ever make it back I'll try to get one of the rooms with the big beds; I think the regular doubles come with two small beds. Some of the features are in room safes, English speaking staff, free internet, free breakfast (coffee, croissants, and an ounce of OJ) and they didn't charge me any joiner fee's.

It was suggested to me that I should rent an apartment instead of staying at a hotel but I like daily maid service and didn't want to deal with paying, and then collecting, a deposit so a hotel was the right choice for me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails marbella1.JPG‎   marbella2.JPG‎   marbella4.JPG‎  

Comments

Is anyone staying here right now that can give me an insight? How are the rooms noise saftey etc.

Thank You

Administrator

Venues: 398

Thread Cleanup

Greetings everyone,

I've edited this thread by deleting some rather un-gentlemanly exchanges.

Thanks,

Jackson

I checked anyway.

NO RESULTS FOUND.

We don't have any properties with the search criteria you specified, you may search again specifying broader parameters or contact us directly. Since we share listings with other realtors, we can search the market to find the type of property you are looking for in Argentina or Uruguay.

Retired Member

Smile

I'm trying to help You.

Now go to this address and click on short term rentals.

http://www.reynoldspropiedades.com/index.php?clang=0

You'll be pleasently suprised.

Exon

Retired Member

Mannyfesto,

I've just had a private comunication from a notorious "bottom Feeder" who informs me that the "Flea Bag" Hotel Marbella is an OK place and its OK for you to stay there.

I still think you'd be better off by cuting a deal on an apartment even if you have to move after a couple of days. Argentine's are a very greedy lot and something is always better than nothing, you can cut a deal. You might pay slightly more but you'll have a nicer place to fuck your chica's.

Exon

Thanks much Member #3314. I didn't even think about doing the map thing but I've never been very good at Map reading. Thanks again.

Unless someone knows from expireance that this hotel is a shit hole instead of the clean but basic rooms described I'll probably book it. I promise to give a report when I get back.

Quote Originally Posted by Member #3314
    You have an address of the hotel.

Using the internet one can locate the hotel in relation to other known mongering spots noted on this board.

For instance it took me 30 seconds to see that the hotel is about 6 blocks from Exedra (carlos pelligrini why cordoba) and a shitload of privados.

You will have to run across nueve de julio, witch sucks.

Its probably an 8 peso can ride to reccoleta.

Would you like fries with that?

Due diligence

You have an address of the hotel.

Using the internet one can locate the hotel in relation to other known mongering spots noted on this board.

For instance it took me 30 seconds to see that the hotel is about 6 blocks from Exedra (Carlos Pelligrini y Cordoba) and a shitload of privados.

You will have to run across Nuevo de Julio, which sucks.

Its probably an 8 peso can ride to Reccoleta.

Would you like fries with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Exon123
    I'd really like for you to stay in the Hotel and report how horrible it was. But have you thought you can make a deal with the leasing agent for more time or even change apartments?

Exon
    Why do you assume it's going to be horrible. Here are the reveiws from the Lonely Planet forum. Sure anything better than a whole in the ground is luxury to that lot but still some nice things said about the place. What I can't find out from the LP forum is the location in proximity to the night life.

>www.hotelmarbella.com.ar

>Single: US$ 30.00

>Double: US$ 37.00

>Previous reports:

>

>* * * I stayed at Marbella Hotel for a week 2 years.

>ago on recommendation from a friend and it was.

>fantastic. The staff are friendly and there is free.

>internet and brekkie. Ask for a room overlooking the.

>street for roomier, lighter rooms. It was cheaper when.

>I stayed there but it still looks like good value.

>

>* * * I stayed at the Hotel Marbella this week for one.

>night in a single room. It is about what you expect.

>for a two star hotel, i. E. Basic but clean. The rooms.

>have TV, there is a free breakfast (toast and jam)

>and the staff were friendly. The location is excellent.

>for exploring the city on foot and there are some good.

>cafes etc nearby. I initially had a booking at the.

>Hotel Nuevo Mundial but when I arrived they informed.

>me their water was not working, so I ended up across.

>the street in the Hotel Marbella.

>

>* * * I stayed at the Marbella a few weeks ago.

>(January 2007) It is basic, clean, secure and has.

>free internet. The rooms are a bit poky and drab, but.

>the breakfast / cafe area is very nice, as are the.

>staff, plus the hotel is very central.

>

>* * * I stayed at Hotel Marbella two times a couple of.

>years ago, a very friendly, clean and secure place.

>

>* * * My wife and I just returned from our trip to.

>Argentina (March 2007) We stayed at the Marbella.

>Hotel on Avenida de Mayo in Buenos Aires and would do.

>so again. It is in the older but quite safe area.

>within walking distance to Florida Street. Cultural.

>attractions, etc. The staff is very friendly and.

>accommodating to most requests. Nice typical breakfast.

>included. The subway is one block away. Many good.

>restaurants nearby (check out the Restaurant España a.

>few doors away for great and inexpensive meals) It is.

>however a 2 star hotel, expect clean, but basic rooms.

>at around US$37.00 credit (with a 10% discount for.

>cash) The in-room security safes added a nice touch.

>Hotel Chile, just up the street, also appears to be a.

>good choice. The outside of the hotel has just been.

>refurbished and looks great. Did not see the rooms.

>however.

>

>* * * For US$36.00 (10% discount if you pay cash) you.

>can get a fantastic room across the street from Hotel.

>Mundial in Hotel Marbella. It looks like it was.

>recently renovated. Very big, clean room and bathroom.

>with bath. There is a free internet PC in the lobby.

>

>* * * Cleanliness â€" very clean.

>Comfort â€" Nice beds, good, but slightly strange shower.

>with a spout that shot water up too. The window opened.

>to a courtyard, so there was no hotel or street noise!

>Even though it was on a very busy street.

>Character â€" The room and hotel was simple, but.

>pleasant.

>Amenities â€" breakfast, air conditioning / heater, 1 slow.

>computer in the lobby, TV with cable in the room,

>helpful front desk, wake up call. Airport transfers.

>Recommended? Yes, I wish we had stayed here the whole.

>time. It was the best nights sleep I had the whole.

>time we were in Buenos Aires. The only disadvantage is.

>that it is not set up to meet up with other travelers.

>really. I felt like we got the most for our money.

>here.

Retired Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mannyfesto
    Sorry about the terse reply but I thought the 40 peso pussy remark was a flame.

I'm traveling with a friend so a god deal on a two bedroom apartment would be great, the problem is that I don't know how long I'll need it for. After the first few days we'll be more or less deciding on a day-by-day basis. I suppose we'll be traveling around a bit we don't really have an itinerary, since I'm not traveling alone it's not entirely up to me. I figure in an eighty room hotel there's a little more flexibility about adding days, or am I misunderstanding what it means to rent an apartment?
    I'd really like for you to stay in the Hotel and report how horrible it was. But have you thought you can make a deal with the leasing agent for more time or even change apartments?

Exon

Quote Originally Posted by Exon123
    Well if your worried about the $30 a night hotel then go to this address and rent an apartment.

They have hundreds of them, some for even $30 USD per night.

But I was hoping you'd rent the $30 deal and report on it for us.

Were not going to have to worry about you over paying.

Exon
    Sorry about the terse reply but I thought the 40 peso pussy remark was a flame.

I'm traveling with a friend so a god deal on a two bedroom apartment would be great, the problem is that I don't know how long I'll need it for. After the first few days we'll be more or less deciding on a day-by-day basis. I suppose we'll be traveling around a bit we don't really have an itinerary, since I'm not traveling alone it's not entirely up to me. I figure in an eighty room hotel there's a little more flexibility about adding days, or am I misunderstanding what it means to rent an apartment?

Retired Member

Well if your worried about the $30 a night hotel then go to this address and rent an apartment.

They have hundreds of them, some for even $30 USD per night.

But I was hoping you'd rent the $30 deal and report on it for us.

Were not going to have to worry about you over paying.

Exon

Hello, I've never been to BA and I came accross this hotel on the Lonely planet forum. I liked the description Basic, clean, quiet with an in room safe. At to price, 90 Pesos, it seems a great deal. I am completely unfamiliar with the geography of the city, is this an area I want to be in? I'd like to be within walking distance of night spots but don't mind a short cab ride if it saves me alot or means it's quite enough to sleep.

Thanks in advance for your advice

Chica friendly but will charge you the double rate. In the same neighborhood prefer Gran Hotel Vedra, in the 1300 block of Avenida de Mayo on the even numbered side. Smaller rooms but brighter and a bit more modern.

Hotel Marbella

I'm attempting to follow in the footsteps of another member so I'm thinking about staying at this hotel. The last post I could find about it was back in 2004. Has anyone stayed here lately? Is it still chica friendly?

Also, while wandering the web, I found a hotel called Hotel Lion D'or in Recoleta. It's amazing cheap for being so close to the action. Has anyone ever stayed there?

And yes, I'm a cheap bastard.

Posting Limitations