Thread: Hotel List

+ Submit Report
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
This blog is moderated by WorldTravel69
    Great list WorldTravel69. Thanks for posting.

2. 01-26-10 15:12

Budget Hotels

I'll be there for a week or so in January 2008 and am hoping for something on the order of the Maria Luisa in Lima; good location, under $30 and chica friendly. The board has an emphasis on apartments but I like the security of a desk that takes cedula information, especially for a toda la noche. I just want a basic, clean room with reasonable security and preferably in the microcenter. There is a dirth of budget hotel and / or hostel "experience with" postings and hope my inquiry will prompt some recommendations for myself and others. A thorough 11/06 listing is below; the Maipu, Maipo, Cabildo and Central Cordoba seemingly fit my budget and location requirements. Any comments or recommendations?

Anyone know if the Suipacha Suites is chica-friendly?

Hi Geo,

All hotels here have a wide margin between their rack rates and their "corporate" rates and if your reservation hasn't been done by an agency, you can end up paying anywhere between those rates. The worst is what they call in hotel lingo a "Walk In" - Most of the time the guy at the front desk puts the price.

If you walk into a hotel after about 8 pm and are planning on leaving the next morning before about 8 am, very often your rate doesn't go to the hotel owner and is shared between the front desk and the maid.

Speaking Spanish helps a lot. Gringos pay more whether it's chicas, hotel rooms or airline tickets. (Did you know Aerolineas charges somewhere between two and three times more if you aren't Argentine? I used to be able to get tickets for foreigners at Argentine prices but this year I haven't found how to do it. If I find the loophole I'll let you know.

Hey augalung, good info. Do you speak spanish, I think they have diffrent rates for diffrent people. I know my friend got charged 185peso .

Quote Originally Posted by Geo Eye
    and it was 155 not 100 pesos.

. And they are not chica friendly, they charged me 30pesos each time, ad after the fourth one they advised me no mas mujeres, this is a family hotel.

I know it is hard to find a place, but did is the very bottom of the barrell.

STAY AWAY.
    They must have seen you coming! I went by this week just to ask the price and I got the expected answer 100 pesos.

I had three girls one night in my room and no big deal. The night shift guy just wanted them out before 7 am. No mention of charging extras for chicas!

I have substantially lower prices at any of the Fen hotels (any Dazzler or Esplendor hotel) Also at the Elevage (Maipu between Paraguay and M. T. De Alvear) which for some reason is always left out of any list here.

Anyone needing help getting lower rates just PM me.

The list posted here has been superseded by a revised list posted in this thread at a later date.

Victory hotel are you kidding?

I stayed at the Victory Hotel at my stay Buenos Aires, frankly because it was the only thing available, and it was 155 not 100 pesos. But this was the the nastiest, dirty rotten hotel I have ever been to. I would not let my worst enemy stay there, The staff have got to be the dumbest, stupid most incombetent people I have ever seen. The hotel was dirty, no air conditioning, no ice, and the bed are so small I kept falling off in the middle of the night. The head person there, was Laura, and she kept her head in the ground like an ostridge, and they are not chica friendly, they charged me 30pesos each time, ad after the fourth one they advised me no mas mujeres, this is a family hotel.

I know it is hard to find a place, but did is the very bottom of the barrell.

STAY AWAY.

Decent cheap hotels -

Victory Hotel on Maipu between Paraguay and Cordoba. 100 pesos (AC and Cable TV) Chica friendly.

Tres Sargentos - Down at the end of the Tres Sargentos street - Also around 100 pesos - Not too chica friendly but you have Horizonte a block away.

Most of the hotels on Avda. De Mayo. But be careful, they go from modest but clean to sleezy -

Always ask to see the room first - Most of these places don't have breakfast included.

Sometimes it's better to spend a little more on a hotel where you get a good breakfast which allows you to skip lunch.

Hotels are Full

The prices on the list are now about US$30-40 higher.

I had a hell of a time trying to find a hotel for the 24. I tried about 25 hotel, til I found one.

If you are coming to B.A. get a reservation first.

Hotel Mickey- Talcahuano / Corrientes

For the EXTREME budget traveler that only wants their hotel as a place to sleep, I remember a friend of mine that stayed at a place called "Hotel Mickey". It is right next to the infamous "eden" rip off joint on Talcahuano right off of Corrientes.

My friend stayed in a room for like 30 pesos a night. (yes, thats pesos) Granted its not the best looking place and the street is somewhat seedy plus the tout from Eden trying to get you to go in his joint but if you are in a serious budget jam and don't want to stay at ayouth hostel you can try this. I don't have their number and don't know how to get it but its 2 blocks from the obelisco. I highly doubt they are chica friendly. The rooms don't have windows in them and the sheets are like from the 80's. But hell, for this price go get yourself a transitorio when you want a chica!

TM

Why don't you use their webpages and email them with your question?

Hello,

Which cheap hotels are chica friendly in that list?

I mean hotels from 15-50 US dollars.

Edificio Montevideo Recolete

Planning to go to Buenos Aires next year from Sydney.

Has anybody any comments on Edificio Montevideo. Value, guest friendly. Etc?

The report originally posted here has been superceded by a new report posted later in this thread.

Posting Limitations