Thread: Need Help in Selling an Apartment in BA

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
This blog is moderated by Member #1036

Saint

Yep, Saint is all over the place but the point still remains that the "client" knew to associate the business person (saint by his real name) as Saint of this sex forum. The "client" read the post regarding Saint in this sex forum and told Saint.

Saint has posted many times about not wanted to associate with or be associated to persons of this sex forum, yet his "client" knew of the association.

I am questioning the inconsistency of this in his reply to Jackson. I believe Saint remains more involved with this forum (through himself or another person) than he admits. Not a problem but hypocritical.

Suerte.

Stowe

Retired Member

Hell, Saints all over the place,

Here are his reports on "Trip Advisor" travel web site, he go's by Saint Ba there.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/SearchFor...tba&returnTo=/

Exon

Interesting coincidence

Hmmm. Saint just happened to be talking with a client that was familiar with this sex forum; just happened to know that Saint knew of this board and this client knew that Saint is the same person that he knew under a different name.

Now knowing that Saint has posted numerous times that he will NOT do business with people who know of this forum; and knowing that most businessmen such as Saint would not want other potential clients to know that he was / is a monger all points to an inconsistency in his explanation.

Sure points to alot of coincidences to find that Saint knew of this post within 24 hours based on his explanation.

Smells fishy! Jackson may be on to the real story.

Suerte.

Stowe

Exon123

I have never met Saint, but unlike him I do have time to read this board.

I have read many of saints posts and would think he is a very successful businessman. I remember back, when he was unsure where to do business, I think he was debating on BsAs and somewhere in Brazil. If he has a thousand apartments on his books with a minimum 15% fee I would think saint is / should be making an excellent wage for himself.

A friend of mine informed me that Saint has a very good business mind, I would imagine Saint is well on his way to his 1st million, of quite a few million to come.

Retired Member

In reading this thread, which I find fascinating by the way, two expressions come to mind.

"Show Me The Money"

And.

"All Flash and No Cash"

Don't hold your breath Member #1036 waiting for the money. From what you've posted I serriously dought Saint is going to pony up $60 Grand in cash to save face in front of a bunch of ***** Mongers. Frankly, I don't believe he has 60 grand.

But If whats posted below is true, which I don't believe is.

Then, "Where's The Fucken Money"

Exon

Just go to the "Doing Business in Argentina" thread and you will find many horror stories!

My Apt

I will leave out address until the prospective buyers that I have say they do not want the property anymore as courtesy to them.

After that I will post address.

As far as problems, I bought this apartment that was in pretty bad shape although I was told it just needed a paint job and touch up.

They did some major construction which I questioned Saint, Reynolds Property and the previous owner in which I got all answers that all work done was approved. Approved by whom? I found out that the previous owner had letters from the building manager demanding that the property be put back to original condition. What this lady did was tear down the living walls to expose the outside balcony so she can use the whole rooftop balcony and patio as her private unit. She then put an overhead steel beam on the patio to cover the balcony along with poured a cement slab to build up the height of he floor. This caused tremendous drainage problems for the whole roof top and caused tons of water damage in the unit below me which I had to pay for as they were seeking damages against me.

I hired an attorney to defend me and negotiate for me.

This is only the tip of the iceberg and imagine the headaches I have had since I live in Los Angeles. I can go on and on but don't want to bore you or think about it anymore as I get pissed and pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson
    Hi Member #1036,

I think I speak for a lot of us when I say that I'd like to know more details surrounding the purchase of your apartment.

For one thing, I'd be interested in know where the apartment is located. Would you feel comfortable posting it's address?

Additionally, I do remember visiting the apartment in your photos. However, it's entirely possible that my recolletion of the details has been mixed up with other properties. Let me ask you this: Does the elevator in your building serve the floor that your apartment is on? Are there other apartments on your floor?

Thanks,

Jackson

Nobody works non-stop and if they did they wouldn't be posting on a hooker board. I doubt very seriously that Saint has actually received revenue from 2000 or more different people. That would be four new paying clients a day, every day, for 2 full years. In the real estate business, that is very hard to believe.

But he does have a hell of a long-range jump shot. Absolutely lights out.

Hi Jackson,

First of all, a client did in fact tell me about the post (as others have done before) I was at dinner with him the other night and obviously was curious so I popped on. I've done that before when a client mentioned something interesting. He can post if he wants to verify this but certainly it's not necessary.

Secondly, NO, of course I don't have any staff members or anyone else for that matter monitoring message boards. No one. Keep in mind I have over one thousand clients so they will email me if they read something and if justified, I will respond.

I wish I or my staff members had the time to monitor boards but honestly we are all working non-stop and keeping very very busy. If a client alerts me to a post that is in-accurate or that doesn't tell both sides of the story then I'll respond. No, I'm not always right. I'm not perfect. No one is. You of all people should understand that. I've never said I'm perfect. However, I will say there are two sides of the story to every story and many times people leave out the other side of the story.

Companies with huge budgets and tons of money do hire people to monitor message boards. The reason? Because there are so many people out there that can hide behind their anonymity and say anything they want without any repercussions to them. Everyone is Mr. Tough guy or can say anything if they can be anonymous. Often times this "other side of the story" so to speak can be quite damaging to the company, so they do hire people to monitor the Internet and respond if appropriate. Unfortunately, I don't have the budget of these companies.

No, as I mentioned, I'm not perfect and never claimed to be. Never. Problems happen in the rental business (and in life) and when they do, we try to make them right. I remember one time I read something on your message board from some client that was complaining about an apartment he stayed in and some problem. Yes, their was a problem as the apartment was new. What he left out was that I discounted the rate and I personally called him to apologize and upgrade him into an ultra luxury apartment that was just 1/2 block away that was much bigger and much more expensive that he turned down. Like I said. There are two sides of every story.

The thing in life is problems occur. I think the important thing to see is if the person / company is trying to cheat you or things just went wrong. I'm certainly not knocking your board. When I say I don't read it regularly it's not a negative. I think it's a valuable resource for many different reasons and I have mentioned it to people once in a while.

From my very first post on this board I've always tried to help people. I've learned that many people from this and other boards and in life in general do a lot of complaining. You help them, and it's why didn't you post more. Yadda yadda yadda.

In any event, I will take this off the board for this transaction. I stand by my interest to purchase this property but prefer to take the transaction off the board.

Good luck all.

Saint

Administrator

Venues: 398
    Hi Member #1036,

I think I speak for a lot of us when I say that I'd like to know more details surrounding the purchase of your apartment.

For one thing, I'd be interested in know where the apartment is located. Would you feel comfortable posting it's address?

Additionally, I do remember visiting the apartment in your photos. However, it's entirely possible that my recolletion of the details has been mixed up with other properties. Let me ask you this: Does the elevator in your building serve the floor that your apartment is on? Are there other apartments on your floor?

Thanks,

Jackson

Not my apartment.

Its not my apartment that you are describing. I wouldn't buy something like that and let alone think I could rent something like that.

No apologies necessary as you have helped more with putting me in touch with guys that are at times helpful and have good suggestions.

Lets hope Saint comes through with his word. I will post his offers so he has a lot on the line to protect his name.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson
    Greetings everyone,

Okay, that's like the third time I've heard Member #1036's apartment referred to as "a sunny top floor apartment in Recoleta". I was and still am reluctant to bash his apartment while he's trying to sell it, but I remember being shown the apartment a few months ago by a rental agent, so let me see if I can provide an objective description.

First, I don't remember the exact street address of the building, but I do recall remembering that it's not in Recoleta unless you expand the limits of Recoleta to about 10 blocks beyond what I consider the Recoleta area.

Second, it's an older, somewhat antiquated building with a narrow entrance and the typical, older style elevator cage installed between the original staircase. As I remember, it was not an attractive entry.

Third, the apartment was apparently an original caretaker's apartment in the typical style of many older buildings in BA where the building's caretaker's apartment was built as a small unit on the rooftop. To get to this apartment you had to exit the elevator at the top floor and then hike up what appears to be a utility staircase to the rooftop. Again, not an attractive entry.

Fourth, the apartment itself is old, although it has been repainted. I would describe it as in fair condition. However, it is relatively small. There is a small center area that is approximately 2 meters wide with a small kitchenette at one end. Off of this entry area is a small bathroom, a small living room and smaller bedroom. The layout is so tight that one TV in the entry area serves both the living room and the bedroom by being viewed through the passageways from both rooms. As I recall there is a small open balcony (2 meters by 2 meters) off the kitchen without a view as it is surrounded by buildings. I also remember that you can also access the actual rooftop of the building, but it's not private because it is accessible to all building's tenants.

In short, my assessment was that it wasn't exactly a 1st class apartment that I would have been comfortable recommending as a temporary rental. I remember being told what the owner paid for the apartment and thinking that it appeared high. I also remember thinking that he was going to have a difficult time renting it even at the $35 USD per night that it was being offered.

Member #1036, if I've inaccurately described your building or your apartment then please accept my apologies and please post a correction.

Thanks,

Jackson

I got a right to complain!

Nothing to complain about? What the hell do you know about what 60K can buy? Are you a realtor or an investor that buys property in BA? Have you had realtors telling you it is worth less? Plus I put 15K plus to fix it up to make it legal which I wasn't told that prior to buying. I got every right to complain so unless you know the facts and the other things I had to go through don't put your worthless 2 cents in.

I got an email from Saint to offer to buy the apt for what I paid. I told him I will be willing and lets see if he comes through with what he says. I will keep everyone posted.

Just to get things straight. It doesn't make things right as I was told that this apt was legal by both Saint and the realtor and as soon as I bought the building manager threatened to sue me for damages the previous owner did and was an ongoing battle between the previous owner and building management.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeNasty
    I agree with Jackson on that. Its a bit odd that hes always replies so fast when he says "I don't read the forum anymore".

However that being said. If he does what he said that he will do that guy has nothing whatsoever to complain about. Hopefully the member will take him up on his offer and will update us to whether he follows through on his promise. To be honest, selling an apartment is not difficult, especially right now, and I find that his whining about being swindled or whatever seems to have no basis. He paid 60K or whatever, and got a sunny top floor apartment in Recoleta. AND? Thats $1500/ m2, which is at or below the going rate. I have a sneaking suspicion that Saint knows that and is willing to buy the place because its worth at least that or more and he knows it.

Yall can go on hating Saint if you want, but when I was buying a place I spoke with him on the phone a few times and he was always helpful to me, without him getting anything in return. I know he really gets on people's nerves, but the truth is his personality flaws aside. I consider him to be a pretty standup guy. Just my two cents.

Administrator

Venues: 398
    Greetings everyone,

Okay, that's like the third time I've heard Member #1036's apartment referred to as "a sunny top floor apartment in Recoleta". I was and still am reluctant to bash his apartment while he's trying to sell it, but I remember being shown the apartment a few months ago by a rental agent, so let me see if I can provide an objective description.

First, I don't remember the exact street address of the building, but I do recall remembering that it's not in Recoleta unless you expand the limits of Recoleta to about 10 blocks beyond what I consider the Recoleta area.

Second, it's an older, somewhat antiquated building with a narrow entrance and the typical, older style elevator cage installed between the original staircase. As I remember, it was not an attractive entry.

Third, the apartment was apparently an original caretaker's apartment in the typical style of many older buildings in BA where the building's caretaker's apartment was built as a small unit on the rooftop. To get to this apartment you had to exit the elevator at the top floor and then hike up what appears to be a utility staircase to the rooftop. Again, not an attractive entry.

Fourth, the apartment itself is old, although it has been repainted. I would describe it as in fair condition. However, it is relatively small. There is a small center area that is approximately 2 meters wide with a small kitchenette at one end. Off of this entry area is a small bathroom, a small living room and smaller bedroom. The layout is so tight that one TV in the entry area serves both the living room and the bedroom by being viewed through the passageways from both rooms. As I recall there is a small open balcony (2 meters by 2 meters) off the kitchen without a view as it is surrounded by buildings. I also remember that you can also access the actual rooftop of the building, but it's not private because it is accessible to all building's tenants.

In short, my assessment was that it wasn't exactly a 1st class apartment that I would have been comfortable recommending as a temporary rental. I remember being told what the owner paid for the apartment and thinking that it appeared high. I also remember thinking that he was going to have a difficult time renting it even at the $35 USD per night that it was being offered.

Member #1036, if I've inaccurately described your building or your apartment then please accept my apologies and please post a correction.

Thanks,

Jackson

Posting Limitations