Thread: Ebay In Argentina?

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
This blog is moderated by Ampfofu
    Administrator

Venues: 398
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa  [View Original Post]
    Are there any restrictions on taking in excess of 10,000 USD out of Argentina if you are a US citizen?
    I flew out of EZE last week. Customs has a new sign at the exit queue advising passengers of the standard $10,000 USD maximum on undeclared currency. However, the sign further advises that any cash greater than $10k USD must be declared in its entirety (of course) and in addition must be entirely in Argentine pesos (ARS).

Imagine trying to exchange / unload $50,000+ Argentine pesos in another country.

ROTFLMAO!

Thanks,

Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Santa  [View Original Post]
    Are there any restrictions on taking in excess of 10, 000US out of Argentina if you are a US citizen?
    I really don't know but I suspect that there are. You probably need a permit from the AFIP or something like that. There must be ways as people are still importing some things into the country. I was talking a few days ago with a chap that imports computers and hardware and he found that exporting local goods (honey in his case) was the way he could acquire US currency to pay for his imports. It calls for creativity!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevins  [View Original Post]
    I received this month an android phone and two mp3 players from China to my door. All paid by pay pal.

Just don't buy too much at once
    Exactly. As long as they are small light packets. Anything over a pound is in danger of going into the clutches of the customs officials! Last week I was sent a notice that I had to go to customs for a packet sent to me weighing 800 grams. The notice I received was supposed to be the third and the limit I had to retrieve it expired in five days (Saturday and Sunday in the middle). I never received the first two notifications. I told them to keep it. I hope they got indigestion with the spicy cheese crackers a friend of mine's wife cooks and sends me now and then!

Taking US dollars out of Argentina

Are there any restrictions on taking in excess of 10,000 USD out of Argentina if you are a US citizen?

And yet I continue to buy no problem

I received this month an android phone and two mp3 players from China to my door. All paid by pay pal.

Just don't buy too much at once

Be very careful what you send into Argentina. With the new restrictions on imports even the smallest package will go to the customs office and you will probably have to pay twice. There are also huge restrictions on sending money (US Dollars) out of the country. At the moment Argentines can't even extract US Dollars from ATM machines when outside the country unless they have accounts in local banks with similar amounts of US$. And those with Dollars in local accounts had better be able to prove how they obtained them. Also, who the fuck would put foreign currency into an account in an Argentine bank?

Money Gram is much cheaper then WU. All your client has to do is go to the office with enough friends so that between them they can send the total needed. You might need to give them more then one name to send to though, I am not sure how that part would work.

Jackson-you are the king of shipping and paying between the USA and Argentina!

Any suggestions. I purchased some jazz lp's that a poteno was selling on ebay. Smaller amount of money, but went smooth. Ipaid with paypal and the porteno shipped and I received the lp's as described. The seller was well reviewed with many such transactions.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Miami Bob For This Post:

Easy Enough

Quote Originally Posted by Justynthyme  [View Original Post]
    Thank you. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think western union has a limit of $300us per person per month from Argentina. Still, I will look into it. I wonder if anyone knows whether he can mail me American Express travelers checks. Any help would be appreciated.
    I'm sure that 2 or 3 people can send you a Western Union Money Gram to get around the $300.00 dollar maximum .

TL

Western union

Thank you. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think western union has a limit of $300us per person per month from Argentina. Still, I will look into it. I wonder if anyone knows whether he can mail me American Express travelers checks. Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by TejanoLibre  [View Original Post]
    Forget wire transfers and think about Western Union.

Now, when this dumb ass Argie has to pay between 21 and 83% tax on your item he will be unhappy!

I have had items sent to me by Priority Mail that came straight to my house but if it is regular mail it goes through the customs office and they open it and make you pay a fucking duty!

Fuck the buyer!

Who cares?

Just remember that the tax man want's his part!

Thank you. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think I read that western union has a limit of $300us per person per month in Argentina. I will look into it still. I wonder if anybody knows whether he could mail me American Express travelers checks? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

TL

Forget Wire Transfers!

Quote Originally Posted by Justynthyme  [View Original Post]
    Hi,

I sold an item on ebay to a customer in Argentina. He initially told me paypal would not allow him to pay more than $600US to me. Then when I called paypal they said if he would confirm with his credit card / debit card, the limit would be taken off and he could pay more than $600US. When I emailed him this information, he wrote back saying it was'nt paypal but it was a problem with the federal tax administration of Argentina regarding policies related to currency, shipping payments abroad. My question is how can he send me the money so I can send him the product. American express money order, US postal money order, bank wire transfer, transferring money to my personal payment section of my paypal account? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. I hope I started this thread in the appropriate section. If I didn't, I apologize.
    Forget wire transfers and think about Western Union.

Now, when this dumb ass Argie has to pay between 21 and 83% tax on your item he will be unhappy!

I have had items sent to me by Priority Mail that came straight to my house but if it is regular mail it goes through the customs office and they open it and make you pay a fucking duty!

Fuck the buyer!

Who cares?

Just remember that the tax man want's his part!

TL

13. The Following User Says Thank You to TejanoLibre For This Post:

EBay purchase

Hi,

I sold an item on ebay to a customer in Argentina. He initially told me paypal would not allow him to pay more than $600US to me. Then when I called paypal they said if he would confirm with his credit card / debit card, the limit would be taken off and he could pay more than $600US. When I emailed him this information, he wrote back saying it was'nt paypal but it was a problem with the federal tax administration of Argentina regarding policies related to currency, shipping payments abroad. My question is how can he send me the money so I can send him the product. American express money order, US postal money order, bank wire transfer, transferring money to my personal payment section of my paypal account? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. I hope I started this thread in the appropriate section. If I didn't, I apologize.

Bump

Bump!

Electronics seem to be marked up quite a lot. But what is the experience of customs here?

Quote Originally Posted by Thomaso276
    The price for that 1GB mp3/4 is very, very low. Be careful, it may be a misprint. Maybe 750 pesos is the price. 512 mp3's here are 300 pesos at every major electronic store. I cannot see how this one is only 75 dollars. In USA 1 GB mp3 are about 85 dollars.
    Thank you Thomaso for your advice. That is one of the reasons I want to visit their shop. They claim to be 5 quadras from obelisco and one from sante fe but they don't give the exact location. Maybe the site prohibites them.

The price for that 1GB mp3/4 is very, very low. Be careful, it may be a misprint. Maybe 750 pesos is the price. 512 mp3's here are 300 pesos at every major electronic store. I cannot see how this one is only 75 dollars. In USA 1 GB mp3 are about 85 dollars.

Posting Limitations