Thread: Ebay In Argentina?

+ Submit Report
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
This blog is moderated by Ampfofu

Need help

Can someone pls help me to locate where exactly in Recoleta is the shop of this seller?

http://www.deremate.com.ar/accdb/Vie...p?IDI=13371604

Coming down next week and I would like to get one of his MP4 players.

I don't like to register to this site just for that only.

Thanks

Ebay - Mercado libre

I started this thread because I live in USA and I run my ebay operation here. I think I do very well considering it is only part time. I am looking into the possabilities of either selling goods in Argentina from usa or someone in argentina selling goods and I can become middleman. I know shipping can suck from usa considering the customs, but Every time I go to argentina it amazes me the mark up in argentina. For example, I was just in Buenos aires a few weeks ago, and I gave my best friends niece a dora the explora doll (I know why, that is what you are saying. I paid 24.99 for it here at toys r us, and we saw the same doll in the argentine toy store for like 250 pesos. Not to mention the Sony Playstations are so marked up also, and well everything that is from the USA. So I want to know if anyone has ideas on why it is like that and also if their is anyone in argentina who is looking for an american partner to see if their is any oputunities we can capitalize on.

A friend of mine just sold a laptop on Meroclibre, the transaction went fine until he went to deposit the money in the bank. All nine $100 bills were fake, albiet very good ones. Just a warning!

Shipping from Argentina

I am glad Ampfofu brought it up, I am also interested in SHIPPING FROM Argentina.

Once my apartment owner sent me back something I had left there, a small stuffed bag was purchased at Argentina Postal costed 5 pesos, and the Airmail Registered method was 29.25 pesos. That scale is about normal in the USA but I believe it is expensive to Argentinians.

Shipping from USA via USPS is very friendly, I can order supplies such as shipping boxes, tapes, stickers free of charge by calling USPS toll-free.

What about in Argentina?

Can I buy some small boxes (usually made of card boards) somewhere in BsAs as shipping boxes, or only Argentino Postal standard shipping boxes are allowed?

In the US, I am able to prepay online, print USPS shipping labels from home, my guess in Argentina we don't have such luxuary?

In Argenitna, is that correct that the only way of shipping a box to oversea is to go to the Postal, get in a long line? Do I have to show the content at the counter before I can seal it then ship it?

Someone please talk about it more.

Thanks!

Strad

Quote Originally Posted by Ampfofu
    I know ebay is global. Does anyone have any experience buying or selling goods with ebay in argentina? Just curious.
    Hi Ampfofu:

I've been buying and selling with eBay since 1999. I've made more than 350 transactions. About 5 of the items I was expecting never arrived: all of them sent by standard (not insured) USPS AND in the last two years (after the local post in Argentina restarted to be operated by the Argentinian State) One of the items I sent arrived but in terrible condition. Now I ask sellers to send my stuff insured: everything arrived but even for small items I have to go pick them up at the International Postal Center in Retiro, and pay a fee every time (50 % of the combined price + shipping charge figure)

All the best

Quote Originally Posted by Ampfofu
    I know ebay is global. Does anyone have any experience buying or selling goods with ebay in argentina? Just curious.
    I used Mercado Libre to buy a couple of copies of XP Home Spanish. No problem. Met the seller in person to exchange goods and cash.

Ebay In Argentina?

Posting Limitations