Thread: Smoking in BsAs

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
This blog is moderated by Hound
    Quote Originally Posted by Bold Focker
    Do they still allow you to smoke in the triangle bars?
    Yup and it's funny, whenever somebody comes in that matters about it they run around at breakneck speed to pick up the ashtrays.

Still Smoking in the Triangle

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Rulz
    I actually prefer the restaurants smoke free and am glad I can spark up in Cattos. I must admit that it makes me giggle when people walk down the street breathing the toxic waste from the collectivos and then try to convince me that the smoke from my cigarette from 10 feet away is going to harm them.

It's a disgusting habit I agree, it stinks and it's invasive. If somebody doesn't like the disgusting smell ask me to put it out on those grounds I'm happy to comply unless I'm in a smoking area then fuck off and move yourself. But in this city with this air quality don't try to make the case for health reasons. I could smoke 20 at a time all day long sitting on your shoulders and it's not even going to be close to what you take in from standing on one street corner in the center waiting for one light to change.
    Do they still allow you to smoke in the triangle bars?

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Rulz
    I actually prefer the restaurants smoke free and am glad I can spark up in Cattos. I must admit that it makes me giggle when people walk down the street breathing the toxic waste from the collectivos and then try to convince me that the smoke from my cigarette from 10 feet away is going to harm them.

It's a disgusting habit I agree, it stinks and it's invasive. If somebody doesn't like the disgusting smell ask me to put it out on those grounds I'm happy to comply unless I'm in a smoking area then fuck off and move yourself. But in this city with this air quality don't try to make the case for health reasons. I could smoke 20 at a time all day long sitting on your shoulders and it's not even going to be close to what you take in from standing on one street corner in the center waiting for one light to change.
    Nice post from a fellow smoker and I couldn't agree more. When I was in Barcelona I noted a very sane smoking / no smoking policy. It seems that it was left up to the owners how they wanted to proceed. Some places forbid smoking outright, some had sections for both, and some allowed smoking anywhere. I am not sure if the local laws were being flaunted by some, but it gave everybody, whatever their preference, alot of options. A breath of fresh air.

Busses

Quote Originally Posted by SmirkyBiscuits
    One of the MAIN reasons I'm thinking of buying in BsAs is because I can go into any restaurant without a bar and eat without smokers. I have an *instant* reaction to cigarette smoke—it triggers migraines that are sometimes incapacitating. Oh sure, call me a sissy, but it sucks vomiting because your head hurts so bad.
    Move to New York City or California, where they enforce the no-smoking law like the Gestapo.

No matter what the law is, people are going to smoke in Buenos Aires.

Seriously.

One of the MAIN reasons I'm thinking of buying in BsAs is because I can go into any restaurant without a bar and eat without smokers. I have an *instant* reaction to cigarette smoke—it triggers migraines that are sometimes incapacitating. Oh sure, call me a sissy, but it sucks vomiting because your head hurts so bad.

Not try to Protect You

Quote Originally Posted by Maxepr
    God, protect me from those trying to protect me.
    I am not trying to protect you, you can do what you like!

You have the right to smoke (now in desinated areas) and the right to die!

What I don't like is when other people selfish habit restricts, and affects the comfort of other people social life! Namely mine.

God, protect me from those trying to protect me.

smoking in the triangle

Are they smoking in the triangle and other chica clubs?

And I don ’t mean smoking hot!

Is the smoking ban affected by the size of the premises?

If a place is under 100m2 can they still allow smoking or vice versa?

Is this why El-Alamo still allows smoking?

Exclamation Only until 2:30 am! (Newport)

Quote Originally Posted by El Aleman
    Newport tonight - no ashtrays, and an attempt to smoke is interrupted by the waitress. It's a shame.
    After that for some reason the ash trays were all put out again for the passionate use of all the patrons who were quick to light up and take advantage.

Newport tonight - no ashtrays, and an attempt to smoke is interrupted by the waitress. It's a shame.

Smokeless in El Establo

Tonight the whole back section on the first floor was smokeless. It was very nice. Smokers never notice that they stink and are killing people; they like to talk about their rights. Right.

My favorite cafés in Las Cańitas are not only smoke free, but they have posted signs that explain the new smoke free law.

In Newport, night of Oct. 1, aparently they had not heard anything aboput the new law. Or they did nopt care. Or they had good enough "protection" to be scared by the issue. Fact was, everybody except myself smoked.

El Alemán

My guess is the no smoking ban, particularly in sketchier places, will be adhered to as are most laws in BA. The police might want a hike in their propina. It will be interesting to see how it plays out in a country (or is it BA?) where about 40% of adults smoke.

Posting Limitations