Thread: Translation Help

+ Submit Report
This blog is moderated by Strad
    Wow, lucky guess, I guess. Glad I could help out.

Lunico

Smile Lunico, are you the one who wrote that note?

Just kidding mate! Since you have mentioned it, it did seem that Carmen Rodirguez was written over again and again. Today, I decided to take the pins off and to take a look the other side. To my supprise, like you said, it was Carment Rodiguez over again and again! That note was written on a thick piece of brown paper, didn't know you are able to see through that , amazing!

Puzzle solved!

Thanks!

Strad.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunico
    Looks like it reads: Carmen Rodriguez.

Over and over again, then they flipped the note over and wrote Carmen Rodriguez again.

One big problem is that there seems to be 2 layers in the image. Is there a background of some kind with writing over it?

If there is an identifiable background, you could put the image in Photoshop and use a pixel editor to remove it. You should be able to do that if it has a different color or texture you could identify looking at the original.

With the background removed, the writing would be more visible, possibly identifiable. Otherwise, I can barely make out the handwriting at all.

It says.

Do not feed this doll after midnight.

David

Angry

Hi Guiller,

Thanks for willing to help. I have to admit this note is in very bad writing, can't even pick up a single word? This photo is big than the actual note. I have no way be able to transcribe it.

Is it written in Spanish?

Thanks!

Strad

Quote Originally Posted by Strad
    I purchased this Latina doll figure in an antique shop, and I have found a note in between the skirt and under-skirt, can someone able to tell what it says on the note?

Thanks a lot!

Strad
    Hi Strad:

I could help you with the translation provided you could transcribe here what is written in the note. I wasn't able to read the text directly from the picture.

All the best

Looks like it reads: Carmen Rodriguez
    Over and over again, then they flipped the note over and wrote Carmen Rodriguez again.
    Last edited by Lunico; 10-16-06 at 04:24. Reason: More nonsense

Post Translation Help

I purchased this Latina doll figure in an antique shop, and I have found a note in between the skirt and under-skirt, can someone able to tell what it says on the note?

Thanks a lot!

Strad
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails doll7378.jpg‎  

Posting Limitations