Thread: Brazilian visas

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
This blog is moderated by BigRay
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain  [View Original Post]
    Thanks Sportsman,

Any idea, how many days it takes these days to get the visa. Lets say I submit my passport on Monday, so when can it be expected back?

Thanks
    You do not need an Argentine DNI to get a Brazilian VISA. 1st step is make an appointment on the website. Then bring your passport to the consulate, they will give you a ticket to pay the bank a couple of blocks away, then come back typically in the next few days to get your passport back with Visa, which is good for 10 years.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

Premium Airport Transfers in Buenos Aires

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsman  [View Original Post]
    It would be logical that DNI is not required to apply for a Brazilian Visa in Argentina since most (if not all) people with DNI do not require tourist visa for Brazil. Scroll down to the bottom of this page From the.

Brazilian Consulate in BsAs website

For required document.
    Thanks Sportsman,

Any idea, how many days it takes these days to get the visa. Lets say I submit my passport on Monday, so when can it be expected back?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Captain  [View Original Post]
    Does anyone know how fast one can get a Brazil visa?

Doe one need a DNI to apply for a Brazil visa in Argentina?

Thanks,
    It would be logical that DNI is not required to apply for a Brazilian Visa in Argentina since most (if not all) people with DNI do not require tourist visa for Brazil. Scroll down to the bottom of this page from the Brazilian Consulate in BsAs website for required document.

Does anyone know how fast one can get a Brazil visa?

Doe one need a DNI to apply for a Brazil visa in Argentina?

Thanks,

Update mid October 2010

Mongers-

I just got back from the Brasilian Consulate in Buenos Aires exactly one day after applying for a new tourist visa (I got a five year visa at the same consulate back in January 2005. The good news is that the turnaround time was only one day and it is now a 10 year visa for US passport holders. The process has now changed a bit; a prospective applicant must now make an appointment on the Consulate's website (previously you could just show up) and also must fill in and submit the visa application electronically on the website before arriving for the visa appointment. The cost is about $600 AR (which you deposit at a branch of Banco Itau on Avenida Santa Fe, then the deposit receipt the next day to pick up the passport / visa. In addition, nowhere on the new visa does it state that the visa must be used for the first time within 90 days of being issued.

Suerte,

Rock Harders

Quote Originally Posted by Master J
    I have a cousin who just left San Paolo and is going to return on a tourist visa. His quesion is will he need to show a round trip ticket? Any help appreciated.
    Been over a year since I went through the process but they wanted a number of things when I went to get my VISA. I was traveling from BA to Rio and back for a 2 week vacation.

1. Hotel reservation in Brazil (Address and telephone number, length of stay)

2. Proof of round trip passage. Print out was enough)

3. Credit Card number (Don't know why)

4. Current bank statement (print out was enough)

5. Passport (had to give them my passport for 5 days)

6. Photo (I forget the size)

I had to complete a form electronically while I was there. When it was time to pick up the VISA, I had to pay like $150.00 to ITAU and show them the receipt.

Hope that this helps you so you don't have to make 4 trip to the consulate like I did.

Brazil visa

I have a cousin who just left San Paolo and is going to return on a tourist visa. His quesion is will he need to show a round trip ticket? Any help appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmoj
    I'm actually going to get a Paraguayan visa next week. Anyone had any problems, or is it pretty straightforward?
    I got my Paraguayan visa last July at the consulate on Viamonte. Filled out the form, one passport size photo, 65 USD processing fee, dropped them off in the morning, picked them up the next busniess day. In and out within 10 minutes.

Check out this thread:

http://www.argentinaprivate.com/foru...ead.php?t=4252

With due respect to everyone, in my knowledge, you need a visa to any country if the passport you hold requires a visa for this country. A DNI does NOT eliminate the need of the Visa. However what the DNI does allow, is for you to travel without your passport as long the passport you hold doesn't need a visa. The DNI simply acts as an identification of the nationality of your passport.

Rock is 100% correct. Same with Paraguay and Chile. The DNI does not eliminate the need for a visa if you are from a country that requires one.

Just curious Facundo, without asking you to divulge private information, what nationality is listed on the first page of your DNI?

I'm actually going to get a Paraguayan visa next week. Anyone had any problems, or is it pretty straightforward?
    European.

The Brazilian consulade made it very clear that now Americans or others who have the Argentine DNI can travel to Brazil without a visa. Reading again what I posted earlier, a problem could occur if they should ask to see your passport. An American who has the DNI was also told he didn't need a visa to travel to Brazil. Maybe, the woman who handles the visas at the Brazilian Consulate is misinformed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Harders
    Mongers-

I just read that link Facundo posted very carefully, and it clearly states that foreigners still need a visa and passport to visit Brasil if a visa is required of their nationality. Nothing has changed in this regard. For example, US citizens can Uruguay with a DNI, but no other neighboring countries.

Suerte,

Rock Harders
    Rock is 100% correct. Same with Paraguay and Chile. The DNI does not eliminate the need for a visa if you are from a country that requires one.

Just curious Facundo, without asking you to divulge private information, what nationality is listed on the first page of your DNI?

Mongers,

I just read that link Facundo posted very carefully, and it clearly states that foreigners still need a visa and passport to visit Brasil if a visa is required of their nationality. Nothing has changed in this regard. For example, US citizens can Uruguay with a DNI, but no other neighboring countries.

Suerte,

Rock Harders

Actually, having a DNI didn't help at all. I still had to pay the fee (which for US passports is over 100 US) You should have no problem at all.

Here are the fees according the Brazilian consulate in SF:

http://www.brazilsf.org/visa_fee_eng.htm
    Schmoj,

I'm not sure when you got your visa to travel to Brazil, but at the end of last year all Mercosur and associated countries adopted less restrictive travel regulations between their respective countries. Brazil now accepts the DNI (permanent or temporary) to travel in and out of Brazil. Although I have a European and an American passport, I used my Argentine DNI, just to test the system, to travel to Brazil (before going I did speak with one of the visa representatives at the Brazilian consulate and she stated that regular (permanent or non-permanent) residents can now use their DNI to travel to Brazil.

This is the document in Spanish Mercosur and Associated countries adopted the end of last year. BTW, if the person checking your document feels there is something wrong with your DNI they can ask to see your passport:

http://www.embajada-argentina.org.py...ados-asociados

Quote Originally Posted by Captain
    Hi,

Do they also give the visa if you are not a permanent Argentine resident (without DNI & CUIL?

Thanks
    Actually, having a DNI didn't help at all. I still had to pay the fee (which for US passports is over 100 US) You should have no problem at all.

Here are the fees according the Brazilian consulate in SF:

http://www.brazilsf.org/visa_fee_eng.htm

I got a Brazilian visa at the consulate in Iguazu last year and Rock is 100% correct.

If you arrive early, you will be in Brazil by noon. Also, other than paying the fee and showing your passport, you do not have to present anything else.

The drawback is that the visa you get is only valid for 30 days, though this is probably sufficient if you need a last minute way of getting a visa.

Good luck
    Hi,

Do they also give the visa if you are not a permanent Argentine resident (without DNI & CUIL?

Thanks

Posting Limitations