Thread: La Lopez

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Report from Tomjackin

No longer exist, confirmed by two meseros in regular bar in same area, called Silver Pub.

La Lopez

I dropped by and spoke with Monica the original bartender and husband last week. The bar is open and there were a few chicas working, but nothing as in its hey day.

Monica is back tending the bar and her husband is working the door as before. She told me they opened over a month ago. Saturday night there were kids out the door and down the street trying to get in, so it does appear it may have changed format at least on that night, no tables on the floor except in the back so maybe a kids dance place some nights?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Member #4112 For This Post:

Administrator

Venues: 398

La Lopez closed

Greetings everyone,

I live right around the corner from La Lopez, so I pass the place all the time.

The club as we knew it has been closed for a couple of months now.

However, it appears that a new lease holder has recently re-opened it as a regular bar, sans any self-employed chicas.

Thanks,

Jackson

Agreed

Was in La Lopez Saturday night and concur with Lucas' assessment. Three customers (in a group) and three chicas at the bar in the 5-7 range.

Apparently La Lopez was closed for several months and just re-opened last week.

When I arrived, the doorman and a hot blonde were standing outside the club. I chatted them up, the doorman remember me and introduced me to the blonde. I went in with her and we sat down. Her name was Sol, attractive face, big tits pushed up in her tight dress (really, fantastic cleavage), white skin, body just a tad thick. I was definately interested in her and didn't waste time offering to buy her a drink. But it was not to be.... she seemed only half interested, and I soon found out she was a dancer. We hung out for maybe 10 minutes, she took a few sips of her drink, then went off to prepare for her dance. I hadn't had time to discuss taking her out, and no idea if she would have been interested. I stuck around another hour watching 2 brunette dancers, then Sol dance. That being at least half an hour later, she could have stayed with me longer. In her bikini Sol still looked good, but with a bit more cellulite than I had realized, which brought her down a notch. After the dancers were finished I left. Paid 80 pesos my drink, 110 pesos chica drink.

I have been able to find gems in La Lopez year after year, but not this time. Maybe Sol would have worked out, but I didn't sense much interest on her part, and I lost interest. Both the waiter and the doorman said the dancers are available for take-out, or at least some of them. The brunette dancers were pretty hot. I would say at this time, the dancers could be an option at La Lopez, but probably better catching them after they have danced. Cost is one 250 peso drink to take a dancer out.

Thumbs down Open, but nothing doing

Walked past La Lopez on my way to Madahos on Thursday and noticed that the place was open. Carried on walking but made a mental note to check it out another night.

Returned on Friday night around 2:30 am and went in. Waste of time – about five guys and three or four (not very attractive) chicas. I walked straight out again (luckily they hadn't charged me at the door) .

From my last post and Art's more recent input, I'm guessing they hold occasional one-off 'normal nightclub' events and are now back to opening during the week as a mongering venue. I'll keep an eye on it over the next few days, but on Friday's experience I'd have to say that it's currently an 'avoid' place. Or at least I'd suggest you all insist on taking a look inside before parting with any cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandalay
    It seems La Lopez may have closed down. I walked past the location a couple times this week and both times the metal security gate was down and it doesn't appear to be in business anymore.

Can anyone confirm?
    Disregard my last post. I went by La Lopez last night and it's alive and well. In fact, last night it seemed more like a regular nightclub rather than, well, you know.

The dancefloor was packed around 4:30am. There were tons of guys and girls. I'm not sure if all of the girls were working though. Seemed like some were there just to dance and have fun. Is this a change in type of venue or just the fact that the next day was a holiday?

La Lopez closed?

It seems La Lopez may have closed down. I walked past the location a couple times this week and both times the metal security gate was down and it doesn't appear to be in business anymore.

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks for the report on Abril! Last time I was in La Lopez this past December I did not see her. She's probably gone but you never know. In December I bumped into Kimei, a chica I had taken out of La Lopez back in 2007.

I seem to have an odd pattern with this club. Every time in BA I feel a 'monger duty' to make at least one visit here, to support this club, because the staff have always been good to me, the facility is upscale and I think it's important to help keep other clubs in business and not just spend all my money at one club like Madahos.

Anyways, each time I have come here the past few years it is always the same - a few chicas and even fewer customers. A couple times I was the only customer. But each time I've always found one chica here who was attractive and gave great service - so good that I repeated with her. This has been true for three trips now - each trip I sessioned twice/repeated with a La Lopez chica, but it was a different chica on each trip. Always paid 400. And with the lower drink prices it was a better deal than Madahos.

So La Lopez may not be a happening place anymore, but I've found it to be a great place to find gems.

update

This thread seems to have been left hanging, but I went to take a look for myself when I was in Bs As a month or so back. The place does seem to have closed down – on the nights I walked past, the shutters were down, although the La Lopez signwriting was still visible.

Early one Friday evening, I happened to be going by and saw the door was open. Some guys were carrying in equipment and sound system components etc. I asked the man who seemed to be supervising the operation whether the club was re-opening. He told me it was just for a "fiesta privada" and we reminisced a little about how things had changed in the area.

La Lopez was a club I liked a lot. The layout inside was good, you could move around easily, the chicas had space to dance and it never got as smoky as some of the other boliches. I first heard about the place on recommendation from an ex La Lopez girl who was working in one of the clubs in Chile. A blonde with blue streaked hair, wearing an electric blue dress and matching accessories – she looked like a girl from another universe and we went into orbit back at my apartment. Some of the smarter Argentinas travel over to Santiago or Viña for the season, where the money is a lot better than they'd get in Bs As, Cordoba, Mendoza etc. These girls (and the Peruanas doing the same thing) are worth checking out, as they're never in a hurry to get back to their temporary lodgings and a short outing can become a TLN and more the next day if you treat them well.

Checking back through the thread, nobody seemed to pick up on Esten's request as below:

Quote Originally Posted by Esten
    There is one girl here who is probably an 8.5. Her name is Abril, blond, slim, big breasts, definately hot. I spotted her right away and she was solo, but I took my time looking around and another guy got her first. Someone please check her out and report back!
    File this under reminiscences, but I do remember this chica Abril. She was the stand-out girl when I visited the club maybe two years ago. Blonde, slim, definitely an 8 or 8.5, beautiful legs in a short tight skirt, don't remember the big breasts so maybe a later add-on? She saw me watching her as she was dancing with a couple of her mates and came over to say hello. For whatever reason I didn't go with her that night but managed to get her telephone number, as she seemed keen to hook up. The following night I rang her and persuaded her to meet up in one of the terrace bars in Recoleta. She was worried I'd stand her up and I wasn't sure if she would show, but she came along more or less on time and we shared a pizza and some drinks. Nice down to earth young porteña chica, probably not too long in the boliche scene, we talked about her previous life helping out in a small family business. Took her to the telo as I was staying in a cheap and grotty hotel in centro. I'd asked her to bring along the outfit I'd seen her in at the club, which she did, along with another one that was even hotter. Can't remember the specifics of what we did, or the numbers involved. Had to work a little harder than usual to get her turned on but it was a good outing and I was left satisfied. She told me that she'd enjoyed going out with a caballero and wanted to repeat the following night, but I was heading off to another place in a couple of days and couldn't program it in. Never saw her again – she wasn't at the club when I returned on my next visit and I don't use phone numbers after a long gap. Nice girl, I wonder what she's doing now. I appreciate this info is of no value after so much time's gone by, but thanks anyway for reminding me about Abril.

At the risk of rambling on (serious mongers need read no further) there's a sequel to my chat outside the club that Friday. Same night, much later on, I've just come out of Plays around 2:30 am (see separate post) and I'm walking back to try my luck in Newport and Hippo. As I pass La Lopez, I notice there's an event going on and the guy on the gate stops me and asks if I want to come in. The entry is 40 pesos including drink and the guy tells me "fiesta, buena musica, muchas chicas" etc. As my curiosity had been aroused by the earlier chat, I agree to go in. It's a fancy dress party, with a film actors theme "de pelicula", organised by some outfit Cacho de Fiesta. There are photos of it up on their facebook site. Lots of pirates, witches, cowgirls etc. The club interior looks much the same as I remembered it, and I hang around at the bar with my cocktail, doing a lousy Pierce Brosnan 007 impression. After the dead atmosphere at Plays, it felt good to be in with some local people having fun (and able to have fun without needing to get drunk) In a group of chicas dancing, I spot a Penelope Cruz lookalike, scarlet blouse and tight skirt, definitely a 9, and I'm reduced to staring. Where I'm from, the girls normally move away if you catch their eye, but here, they just carry on and actually move in closer. They're too wrapped up in themselves though for me to make a move, and I eventually decide I'm enjoying this far too much, my monger status is under serious threat, and I bail out, off into the night to continue my quest for that elusive perfect 10.

There was a bairesgirls.com.ar "MEGAFIESTA FIN DE AN0 2009" event at La Lopez on Thursday Dec. 10. The entry fee was 150 pesos. I had a quick look but didn't stay, it was packed. Never saw so many people in that club! Looked like more guys than girls. I met an independant from bairesgirls the day after, she said there were maybe 60 guys and 40 chicas. She said it was funny she knew most of the guys there (i.e. past clients).

I don't know if La Lopez is otherwise still open.

Open Again

Walked by last night and it was open for business.

The bad news is that they are asking 150 peso entrada!

It was dark again last night and if you look at the building it looks as if the glass on the front wall has been recently vandalized.

I hope it isn't closed. The Recoleta scene has suffered enough with the closing of Solid Gold and Shampoo!! Those were fine places. RIP.

Plus, one of my favorites is from La Lopez but I don't have her phone number! Took her out twice a few weeks ago. And there was another girl there I wanted to do as well.

La Lopez

I was by Newport last week, looking toward La Lopez and there was a lot of construction at the mall. Then, 3 gals, hawking tickets to Hippo came by, one I had taken from Lopez a couple years ago, who told me La Lopez was closed.

Never did walk down that far to confirm.

Closed?

It was not open last night on a Thursday.

Posting Limitations