Thread: La Lopez

+ Submit Report
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Miami Bob
    I stopped by because one of my regular girls works there and she asked me to do so repeatedly. This place looks like it is ready to go out of business.

No admission fee; 60 pesos for bottled water; and 100 pesos chica drink.

My chica as me to put on a show because the owner was there. He came over to say hello and offerred to buy me a drink and actually sat down to talk.

Monica the bartender, originally from Madahos, had recognized my face. He asked me why no one was coming in there. I told him the truth--the prices.

He said that he is encouraging the girls to charge less. Cluless. Great pole dancer gets a 10 pesos tip from me--after all I'm getting a private show from what would be an A girl anywhere in the world. Then Claudio the owner tells me that he is taking over the old Affair location on Guido to be a pub w / less expense and lower prices.

My little girls says thank you for blowing the 160 pesos and talking to the owner. She wants to go to the new pub and get out of Las Lopez. She'll do me before work for 200 pesos to make-pup for the 160 peso bite.

Maybe 12 girls there Tuesday 1:30am. 4 or 5 tempting the rest you could do better at the triangle. I was one of three customers in the place. My friend said that they may start at 500 or us$200, but will take 300 pesos.

Things are real slow.
    I've made it a point to stop by this place the last few times through town, and it's obvious that there is a funeral dirge waiting to happen. Last time I was told (not by the owners of La Lopez) that some Arabs were planning to buy La Lopez and turn it into something completely private -- a harem of some sort. Obviously that didn't happen.

I have to disagree with you about what the cause of the demise is, though. It's not price. If that were true, then Black and Madaho's would have gone under. Last time I was there, Black had definitely recovered, and Madaho's was still going strong. The gals in those places charge double what the gals in La Lopez charge, and they're thriving.

What's killing La Lopez is two things, in my opinion:

(1) No Bobby. Once he quit, they lost any of the quasi- high rollers he used to be able to get in the door. One of the gals told me a saying the girls have. It may be common but it was new to me: "No hombre tengo hambre." (Loosely translated: "No man means I go hungry.") That's part of what's going on. The great decline at La Lopez really started to accelerate when Bobby left -- no high roller dudes and many of the chicas took off.

(2) Hippopotamus. That place has resurfaced. It is certainly no Black or Madaho's, but it definitely competes in the same space as La Lopez is trying to compete. It's a nice, well-appointed club that tries to appeal to a slightly more upscale clientele. They seemed to be doing a decent job of that last April, when I passed by. The chicas were not to my liking. Most harken to the place's namesake -- Hippo -- but if you like 'em big them Hippo is for you.

Just my two cents, but I really don't think price is what's keeping the normal La Lopez clientele away. If anything, the prices have gone down dramatically since last summer when the place was rocking. There's just not much quality or selection there anymore and, I would submit, it's for the above two reasons.

La Lopez

What happened to La Lopez, use to be a great place last year?

Glad to hear Monica is still there.

A sad and pathetic experience

I stopped by because one of my regular girls works there and she asked me to do so repeatedly. This place looks like it is ready to go out of business.

No admission fee; 60 pesos for bottled water; and 100 pesos chica drink.

My chica as me to put on a show because the owner was there. He came over to say hello and offerred to buy me a drink and actually sat down to talk.

Monica the bartender, originally from Madahos, had recognized my face. He asked me why no one was coming in there. I told him the truth--the prices.

He said that he is encouraging the girls to charge less. Cluless. Great pole dancer gets a 10 pesos tip from me--after all I'm getting a private show from what would be an A girl anywhere in the world. Then Claudio the owner tells me that he is taking over the old Affair location on Guido to be a pub w / less expense and lower prices.

My little girls says thank you for blowing the 160 pesos and talking to the owner. She wants to go to the new pub and get out of Las Lopez. She'll do me before work for 200 pesos to make-pup for the 160 peso bite.

Maybe 12 girls there Tuesday 1:30am. 4 or 5 tempting the rest you could do better at the triangle. I was one of three customers in the place. My friend said that they may start at 500 or us$200, but will take 300 pesos.

Things are real slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Gato Hunter
    This used to be one of my favorite places at night. The manager Bobby is gone now.

I tried to walk in past the door man like I always have, they got pissed when I said I was looking for Bobby. I knew that he was not there but I wanted to see the reaction. They told me he was on vacation.

I had a 2 minute free look and the place was empty with mostly 6's and a few worse.

I got the bad clip joint feeling talking to the goons, I did not see the engish speaking hot bartender either.
    This place is very hit or miss lately. Some nights there are some hot chicas and I have yet to be hit up for an entry charge. Other nights, close to nothing.

Avoid

This used to be one of my favorite places at night. The manager Bobby is gone now.

I tried to walk in past the door man like I always have, they got pissed when I said I was looking for Bobby. I knew that he was not there but I wanted to see the reaction. They told me he was on vacation.

I had a 2 minute free look and the place was empty with mostly 6's and a few worse.

I got the bad clip joint feeling talking to the goons, I did not see the engish speaking hot bartender either.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Rulz
    Hot chics go where the money is.
    I agree it's hard.

But sometimes individual (and hot) chicas with a good business sense will ask a competitive rate and give very good service. They have found they make a lot more this way than holding out for higher prices and getting fewer customers.

Also for these clubs, I remember times when I went in Shampoo and La Lopez and there were dozens of chicas in the 7.5 - 8.5 range I was interested in and you knew you could likely bargain at least 100 pesos lower than Madahos. I wonder where they all went. Maybe it's just the time of year.

Very hard

Quote Originally Posted by Esten
    It would be interesting if someone friendly with the board / local posters bought the place and worked to make it a success. Kind of like Gysell does with her place - posting info, line-ups and photos and working with us to make us happy. Except with a night club. If the quality and selection of chicas was good, prices reasonable, with an enforced code of conduct on customer satisfaction, I would certainly spend my time and money in such a place.

I can't say there is one really good night club in BA. Meaning high quality and selection, but good prices and good customer service. Some places have the quality but not the prices. Others have the quality and the price but not the service. Others have the price but not the quality. Etc. Shampoo and La Lopez used to be the top contenders for the best such club, in my opinion, but they have declined. They are still good for finding a hidden gem or two, but I'd like to see them get back to their former glory, filled with lots of good looking girls but with prices lower than Madahos and Black.
    Hot chics go where the money is.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomaso276
    I wonder if El Alamo can buy this place cheap!
    It would be interesting if someone friendly with the board/local posters bought the place and worked to make it a success. Kind of like Gysell does with her place - posting info, line-ups and photos and working with us to make us happy. Except with a night club. If the quality and selection of chicas was good, prices reasonable, with an enforced code of conduct on customer satisfaction, I would certainly spend my time and money in such a place.

I can't say there is one really good night club in BA. Meaning high quality and selection, but good prices and good customer service. Some places have the quality but not the prices. Others have the quality and the price but not the service. Others have the price but not the quality. Etc. Shampoo and La Lopez used to be the top contenders for the best such club, in my opinion, but they have declined. They are still good for finding a hidden gem or two, but I'd like to see them get back to their former glory, filled with lots of good looking girls but with prices lower than Madahos and Black.

Not long after La Lopez opened I recall talking with Bobby about his extent of involvement. He was careful with his words and never said directly, but clearly indicated to me it was within the realm of possibility that something more could develop (more than just working as a waiter). Maybe he left because that didn't happen. I have a feeling we will see him again sometime, somewhere.

Reasons for downturn.

- Did they price themselves out of the market?

- Did all the good looking girls make enuff in a year or two to retire?

- Did mgt. run them out with too many rules?

- Did a mgt. split - power struggle - cause problems?

I wonder if El Alamo can buy this place cheap!

I can't add much but would agree with this Esten's assessment -- La Lopez has declined a bit. I was in this place three times in November and both quality and quantity had suffered. Don't bother going here before midnight as there is virtually no one working. After midnight, you could expect 15-20 chicas, most of whom are in the 5-7 range.

By comparison, last July there were around 30-40 girls on a decent night, with a fair smattering of 7s and 8s. I don't know whether it's seasonal or just an aberration, but I would agree that things seem to have changed.

I had heard that Bobby was a part-owner of this place and asked him about it last July. He said this was absolutely untrue, and he seemed kind of down. Bobby wasn't working when I was there in November and I was told he was "sick." Of course, that's what you would expect to hear if he'd moved on to a new club. I have also heard that this club is hurting and that its owners are looking to sell or do something. They invested a lot of money in infrastructure and sound system. If Bobby's no longer working at La Lopez, I wonder where he'll end up. I don't think he can go back to Madaho's. Perhaps we'll see him at Black some day.

The roster here may appeal to some mongers more than others. In November, the working girls were about 40% - 50% black. The girls are also a bit more hungry and a bit more aggressive than in other places.

I would really like to see this place get back on track. It was a good change of pace and showed some promise last July. If Bobby's gone, though, it's probably moving in the other direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Esten
    Two posts on this place in the last six months?

I was in here a couple nights recently. Entrance fee is now 60 pesos. Chica's drinks are 100 pesos. 1 chica drink to leave with the girl. Selection both nights was down from what I have seen in the past, both in terms of quantity and quality. About 15 chicas most in the 6-7 range and maybe a couple 8's. IMO still a good place to find a hidden gem at a better price than some of the other Recoleta clubs.

Bobby, english-speaking friend to many mongers since his days at Madahos is no longer working here since a couple months. Anyone know what Bobby is up to? I hope he is doing well.

There is one girl here who is probably an 8.5. Her name is Abril, blond, slim, big breasts, definately hot. I spotted her right away and she was solo, but I took my time looking around and another guy got her first. Someone please check her out and report back!

I was not disappointed though, as the girl I did end up taking out gave one of the best deepthroat bbbj I've ever had (top 10 at least). I can post more info on her if there is any interest.

Two posts on this place in the last six months ??

I was in here a couple nights recently. Entrance fee is now 60 pesos. Chica's drinks are 100 pesos. 1 chica drink to leave with the girl. Selection both nights was down from what I have seen in the past, both in terms of quantity and quality. About 15 chicas most in the 6-7 range and maybe a couple 8's. IMO still a good place to find a hidden gem at a better price than some of the other Recoleta clubs.

Bobby, english-speaking friend to many mongers since his days at Madahos is no longer working here since a couple months. Anyone know what Bobby is up to? I hope he is doing well.

They all start with 600 pesos with people who appear tourists - got to have some understanding for them as well. I never pay more than 400 pesos and duration lasts from one hour to the whole day. Good thing about La Lopez is that one often can walk in without cover charge. Quality of girls varies a lot from day to day.

La Lopez

Stopped here the other night. 50AR entrada with a beer included in that price. I liked the setup which had a stage and ample room to move around. 16 chicas in attendance. The best I saw was about a 6.5. Many 5's. Hey, what's the hype all about? One chica sitting next to me was a 6. I asked about the programa if I took her out. 90AR chica drink and 600Ar for her for one hour. You have to be kidding me. We left after 10 minutes. I have seen better in the privados for 100AR.

Posting Limitations