Thread: Budget Hotels

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
This blog is moderated by TangoManiac

Check-out AP HOUSE before going to a buget hotel

You might be very pleasantly surprised in many ways. PM Jackson. He did not ask me to do this-but it is an obvious alternative in the 200 to 250 pesos per night range. He might be a bit above that w / discounts available depending on timing and length of stay. Beautiful place in near-perfect safe location.

Previous post from Sept 2010, sure is an updated section.

If you're still around Northsider, how'd you make out?

Find it very interesting, even considering the inflation, it's recently apprx 4:1 vs 3:1 back when and yet it still comes out costly?

Don't mind inflation as long as you have the better exchange rate to go along with it and basically keep costs like a few years back. Guess that's dreaming though.

If a beer was 6p in 2008@3:1, that's $2. (just as an example, maybe more or less)

If now it's been inflated to 8p as an example, but you have the 4:1 exchange, well that's still $2. So where is all the extra costs in things coming from?

Unless some things are super inflating more than others.

Budget recommendation update?

Haven't been in BA since 2006. I had a list of hotels from back then in the less than US$20 (app 60 pesos back then) per night range. Looks like they are all in the US$50 range now.

I'm looking for a place in the 100p / night range for a few nights in early November, hopefully setting up an apartment rental for when I return in January. I have the names of a few places, but was wondering if any of you gents can recommend (or warn of) any places in this range. I'm working my way through the various lists but most are out of date rarely come out below the 200p range.

Don't care about chica-friendly, just clean, safe and relatively quiet. I don't want to stay in San Telmo, prefer somewhere near Av. Santa Fe, but will consider elsewhere that is a fairly safe area.

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Carter
    Thanks again, everyone, as it stands it looks like I'll have to increase my budget or step down quality expectations for Bs. As.
    Perhaps if you wanted to rent an apartment for a month or so, then your costs would be reasonable, and you'd get more bang for the buck.

Budget Hotels

Quote Originally Posted by Bazzerboy
    Hey its somewhere to throw your bags and head out for the night. I'm sure its not chica friendly as owners let you in the door in the morning when returning from a night on the town. You would'nt want to take them there anyway.

You pay for what you get.
    Thanks again Bazzer. Yeah, 50 peso is way cheap. It is just that I'm spoiled. I stayed in Sept. 2009 at a very nice hotel in Mexico DF (Hotel Andrade) for 250 Mexican Pesos ($19.56) Clean, modern, with shampoo and stuff in bath, garage, 24 hour desk, room service, elevators. A place you'd expect to pay $70 for in the USA. It is off the internet travel radar and I had vague hopes there might be someplace as nice or, stepping down, perhaps as nice as the Maria Luisa in Lima. Thanks again, everyone, as it stands it looks like I'll have to increase my budget or step down quality expectations for Bs. As.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Walleye
    Is less than US$20
    Way less, actually. If 50 pesos is too expensive, then I don't know where he's going to be happy at. $13 is way cheap.

50 pesos

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Carter
    Thanks, Bazzer. On top of airfare, the lodging costs have thus far kept me from my BA fantasy. I ended up in Lima in 07, Colombia in 08, Mexico in 09 but still have Argentina on my "hope to" list for the Fall of 2010. But, damn, I can get a nice hotel room in the other countries for $20 or less.
    Is less than US$20.

Cheap Hotels

Quote Originally Posted by Bazzerboy
    Little hotel type small clean (but not modern by any stretch of the imagination) hotel in San Telmo. 50 pesos a night. Private bathroom, hot shower and bidet. Cable T. V. Very small room and old but clean decor and bed sheets. Room cleaned daily. You pay for what you get.
    Thanks, Bazzer. On top of airfare, the lodging costs have thus far kept me from my BA fantasy. I ended up in Lima in 07, Colombia in 08, Mexico in 09 but still have Argentina on my "hope to" list for the Fall of 2010. But, damn, I can get a nice hotel room in the other countries for $20 or less.

Cheap hotel type thing.

Little hotel type small clean (but not modern by any stretch of the imagination) hotel in San Telmo. 50 pesos a night. Private bathroom, hot shower and bidet. Cable T. V. very small room and old but clean decor and bed sheets. Room cleaned daily.

Hey its somewhere to throw your bags and head out for the night. I'm sure its not chica friendly as owners let you in the door in the morning when returning from a night on the town. You would'nt want to take them there anyway.

I prefer the mirrored 2 hour smut shacks experience anyway and so do the girls (re:safety)

I do the hostel thing to meet girls and drink beers with other tourists but this is another alternative when you want to be alone and want to stash your cash for the good times.

Hotel Brias del Mar
    Humberto primo 826 (cross st. pedrais)
    San Telmo.

You pay for what you get.
    Last edited by Bazzerboy; 11-18-08 at 21:13. Reason: Left out some info

Tangovisit.com

This site has an extensive list of the more reasonable and bijou hotels and hostels. Its a little cranky and obtuse at first, but a good source and very detailed with web sites, phone numbers, ratings, reviews, etc.

Other options

I have been going to BSAS since Jan. 2000, there are many options available and if you plan to stay for three weeks or more you can negociate a better price upfront.

Hotel Maipu, located between Cordoba and Viamonte is an older building, they have private rooms with or without private bath.

The staff are friendly and they allow chicas in the room, I spoke with the owner and got a 5 dollar break per night for long term stay (5 weeks)

On future trips I discovered youth hostells, they cost about 24 pesos per night, many have a small bar with super cheap beer and music.

The great part about this is there are always lots of young girls there, you can get your buzz cheap before going out to more expensive clubs, and you can save your money for chicas.

I stayed at V & S at 887 Viamonte, the bar is nice and it is a short walk to Florida and subte, another option is Portal Del SUR, 855 Hipolito Yrigoyen.

Again, nice bar with pool table on the roof, asado on the weekends, we even managed to sneek chicas into our room and fucked them right on the bunkbed with some poor slob trying to sleep above.

My budget has improved, and I desired more comfort / privacy, so these days I rent a loft from Byt argentina website. $us 400 per week cot me a 2000 sf loft downtown, two balconies, two queen beds, tv, internet and a private bar.

The staff met me when I arrived, everything was as promised, then they left me alone till checkout. I liked it becuase I could fuck chicas in one bed and sleep in the other.

Happy Mongering,

Zephyr

[QUOTE=Juan Carter]
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Vato
    Try the Columbia hotel on Corrientes. Rooms are $35.00 for two but not fancy.

According to their internet site www.columbiapalacehotel.com.ar the rate for a double is $59.00. I am hunting for a hobby friendly hotel in the centro for $30.00 or less. I expect to be in BsAs this January for about a week. Most hotel posts here and the links below reference hotels in excess of $45.00. It is evident that this board recommends apartment rentals but there must be true "budget category" hotels. Your recommendations are appreciated.
    Your best bet is to book a cheap place that is mentioned below, and use the hourly love motels for bringing chicas back. There are some hotels that are as cheap as 15 dollars a night. But if you're only here a week it would be worth it to splurge on an apt.

Hotels for $30 or Less?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Vato
    Try the Columbia hotel on Corrientes. Rooms are $35.00 for two but not fancy.
    According to their internet site www.columbiapalacehotel.com.ar the rate for a double is $59.00. I am hunting for a hobby friendly hotel in the centro for $30.00 or less. I expect to be in BsAs this January for about a week. Most hotel posts here and the links below reference hotels in excess of $45.00. It is evident that this board recommends apartment rentals but there must be true "budget category" hotels. Your recommendations are appreciated.

Cheap hotels

Try the Columbia hotel on Corrientes. Rooms are $35.00 for two but not fancy. For $50.00 dollars for two you can stay at a much nicer hotel called A and B. It is close to Corrientes but on Viamonte or Sarmentio. The least expensive is a hostel at $12.00. All prices are in US. Good luck trying to find a hotel since their vacation for the children has started and people travel to BA for a little R and R.
    Last edited by Joe Vato; 07-31-07 at 13:27. Reason: misspell

Why not wait until the last minute?

Cheapest places are in rundown hotels in San Telmo, Boca. Extra fleas are included for free.

Posting Limitations