Thread: El Alamo Poker Night

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
This blog is moderated by Rock Harders
    I got your offer late, after both dinner and the Poker game at Alamo. Up for dinner tonight though.

Played poker there last night, very nice bunch of guys. Not sure if any board members were actually there, if they were, they didn't mention it. As a whole, they seemed to be a younger crowd, well balanced, witty, in shape, normal social life. Etc. Likely I was the only mongerer there.

("Hey, I resemble that remark"!

Dinner first

Seaman and I are meeting at Exedra at 9:00 to find a place to eat. Your welcome to join us, He is a 9 foot tall Viking, hard to miss.

In town, would like to play Poker if game is on tonight (Sunday) Anyone got any nearby dinner recomendations or would like to eat first? More importantly, is the tourney on?

SkyRyder,

All you need to do is show up at El Alamo by 10:30.

Suerte,

Dirk Diggler

Other than the wiilingness to dontate my pesos to some "undeserving" fellow monger type, is there anything I need to do to reserve a seat next Sunday night?

Retired Member

Very good game last night, a lot of fun but this 4:30 in the morning shit has got to quit.

Exon

No responces for pizza

Not going, definitely not going, steak and eggs instead.

Only upstairs, only poker night

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson
    WorldTrveler69,

In Peter's defense, he is always reluctant to open any windows or prop open any doors at El Alamo because of the neighbor's constant complaints about the noise. That's why you'll see him always closing any open windows and why he had door closers installed on all the entrances.

Thanks,

Jackson
    Cards in a bar, very illegal. Open windows, bad, very bad. Time for Wapner, definitely, definitely time for Wapner.

Ventilation Fans

Places I have been too that had smoking way back when, had ventilation fans or something that drew the smoke out. You could not even tell someone was smoking.

WorldTrveler69,

In Peter's defense, he is always reluctant to open any windows or prop open any doors at El Alamo because of the neighbor's constant complaints about the noise. That's why you'll see him always closing any open windows and why he had door closers installed on all the entrances.

Thanks,

Jackson

WorldTrveler69,

Thanks,

Jackson
    I can't see that the noise generated by 8-12 guys playing poker would cause any problems for Peter's neighbor's, unless by some miracle that bum Dady Rulz managed to win. No impossible.

Administrator

Venues: 398
    WorldTrveler69,

Thanks,

Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by WorldTravel69
    You mean you play upstairs in the non-smoking room?

I told Peter he should change the name to Smoky Joe's Cafe.

At least open the fucking window.

Sorry I am so bitter, but it kills me as it did my parents.

Upstairs

You mean you play upstairs in the non-smoking room?

I told Peter he should change the name to Smoky Joe's Cafe.

At least open the fucking window.

Sorry I am so bitter, but it kills me as it did my parents.

For anybody playing tonight

What about getting together for supper at El Cuartito at Talcahuano 937 (4816-1758) Near Marcelo de Alvear around 2100. Good pizza and it's just a short walk to El Alamo after.

Poker Game Changed to Sundays

Mongers-

The El Alamo Texas Hold 'em Poker Tournament will now be held on SUNDAYS from here on out, to begin this Sunday, March 18. This is due to the overflow crowds now attending El Alamo Saturday nights, as we have determined we need to open the upstairs area to the public. Sorry for any inconvenience to those planning to participate.

Suerte,

Dirk Diggler

Capitan Studly is in Da House

This Sat? I'm their. Please provide the (if any are needed) details or do I jus show up?

Da Capitan is out!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Limitations