Thread: Renting Apartments

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
This blog is moderated by Porthos66

Exon

You are at the top of that list.

Retired Member

EDITOR'S NOTE: This report was deleted in accordance with the Forum's Zero Tolerance policy regarding reports containing any personal attacks or derogatory comments directed towards another Forum Member or the Forum Membership in general.

Bl

Yes I see that by having half a brain you get confused a lot. You think lashing out at someone asking for help makes you feel smart. You and exon make a great couple.

Response to Response

I don't know why we continue to let so called professionals post garbage. This so called professional does not disclose the name of the local agent. He has already committed to a course of action then worries about something that is none of his business. But instead of contacting the person who causes confusion directly what does this so called professional Mr. In the game do? He asks the board to tell him what to do for his imagenery problem. Like we give a shit. Gee what if the hotel didnt run my prepaid credit card reservation? I'll be a moron and ask the members what to do! I am too stupid too call the hotel, I am a travel professional, 'I'm in the game." I have half a brain. I want to thank all the 'positive energy' members out their for reading this. I love you guys, especially Exon. What state issues real estate licenses to guys like this? Alaska? Alabama? Really, I want to know.

Response

Firstly I am very aware of agency responsibilities and am always appreciative of a person's sales time. In both cases I was up front of what was happening and am on good terms with the brokers.

I gratetfully receive a PM from one of our members who knew the broker, passed on their cell number, and I was able to contact the agent who had failed to pass on information regarding the pick-up of the deposit. Moneygram also blew it by still showing the deposit as not picked up.

The important of having this great board is the last thing anyone wants is to be standing in front of a building with nowhere to go! Thanks to the board member, which I did, who took the time to offer constructive comments.

In response to this unsolicited angry response, I have been so delighted with all the board members comments, viewpoints, and banter, that I refuse to let this one and only negative poster rain on my parade. Bad energy man. Thank you as always, Jackson for continuing to run a first rate top notch posting opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Master J
    I had contact with a real estate agent and confirmed an apartment in Las Canitas. After some emails, no phone, I sent a money gram for 20% moneygram, which was one of her options, cheaper. Reynolds is my other option, and they have been following up like crazy.

Thanks as always, anyone. I have my real estate license so I know the game.
    You are a [Deleted by Admin].

You are running people around after you have already committed to a place. You are wasting their time. Now you are worrying about how and when the contracted party is going to spend the money. I would love to see you get [Deleted by Admin].

EDITOR'S NOTE: This report was edited in accordance with the Forum's Zero Tolerance policy regarding reports containing any personal attacks or derogatory comments directed towards another Forum Member or the Forum Membership in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Master J
    Enclosed is the view from an available apartment on Oro / Juncal. Says it is view the top floor. Which park, stadium. Direction is this? I have been near the Rosedal gardens, and did not know if this was the polo grounds or Las Heras park? Thank you.
    This is not a stadium but the main horse parade "playground" of the Sociedad Rural Argentina, located a few meters away from the American embassy (Sarmiento and Colombia)

Every July / August, during the famous Exposición Rural, they have nice performance shows there.

Andres

Geography Quiz

Enclosed is the view from an available apartment on Oro / Juncal. Says it is view the top floor. Which park, stadium. Direction is this? I have been near the Rosedal gardens, and did not know if this was the polo grounds or Las Heras park? Thank you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails jr_12030_4.jpg‎  

I hate to sound like a newbie but I can't figure this one out. I had contact with a real estate agent and confirmed an apartment in Las Canitas. After some emails, no phone, I sent a money gram for 20% moneygram, which was one of her options, cheaper. On her site my week is blocked out, and she said if I change dates and it is availble, that would be fine, no add fee.

It has been over 10 days and she has confirmed the dates, but not picked up the deposit. I thought all real realtors would run for the money. Cancellation up to 30 days / receive 1/2 refund. Is it me or perhaps is the apartment owner hoping to rent at a higher price? It is listed with a nother company as well, 300 higher.

I have been staying in Palermo at a small but nice apartment, and the owner in NJ is a dream, great guy. Any thoughts out there on what might be happening? Shpuld I cancel the moneygram and call it a day? As we all know the last thing we could handle is not having what you think you have after the flight! Reynolds is my other option, and they have been following up like crazy.

Thanks as always, anyone. I have my real estate license so I know the game.

Owner can aways get a local police squad to evict short term renters. Just like a hotel in the USA. Some landlords worry that visitors will plop down in the apart when the renter leaves and say it is their home, forcing an evition process.

Migh be best to float your pln to another realtor and see what they say. If it sounds okay, it will probably be okay with the place you want.

Venues: 8

Master J

As far as when they ask who will be staying there, that does mean you. If you want your girlfriend to stay with you and have a key, you'll need to tell them she's there because they won't understand why you want a duplicate key, but otherwise it's maybe mostly going to be an issue fo whether the owner is there at signing. It's possible you could run into problems with the doorman, it just depends on how tight they are with the owner.

If you are going to have your girlfriend and her kids there at signing you may have a scene. I've rented about 10 different apartments here in BA, from two different companies. I've only had the owner NOT show up for the signing at one apartment because the owner was off skiing in Italy.

As to whether or not you would be removed if the owner found out (wasn't there at signing) I don't know. I've never heard of anyone being removed, but maybe it's a possibility.

Maybe it's best to send an inquiry to the agent just to make sure.

Rent Question?

In looking at my Las Canitas options, I found a nice apartment that is showing available from two agencies? I went with one at $740 week versus same apartment from another company at $950. What is that? Also on the higher priced listing they say no pets, or anyone under 12, and no smoking where the other agent says just no smoking.

I plan to have a friend and her sons, one baby, stay with me, part of the time, I hope most of the time. Question is if I ask the agent who has confirmed at the lesser price, what if I have someone visit me? What if her listing is not complete and she missed information? What do they mean when they ask who will be staying there, that's just me, right? I would hate to have a scene at signing or where the owner perhaps finds out from the doorman, etc. Am I worrying too much, am I safe by saying they are a visitor? If anything breaks I will still make good. Can they ask me to leave or not have anyone in the unit under this age? I know being a realtor last time I looked at my lease, in Castellano, my chicky pointed out that they can have you removed from the unit! Snow there must have been a trip, would like to hear some comments as I can't really get the picture in my mind?

Thanks

NancyLandi Apartment rental? Anyone know them?

This realtor has a bunch of listing on craig's list. 85 short term apart rentals. I've been comunicating by email. She seems reasonable. The apartments and pricing seem reasonable. They promptly respond to emails with addresses and info about each apart. Deposits via paypal, western union.

Before I experiment, I'm hoping some else knows them.

I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Bob

Location, location, location

Some assistance appreciated. I am not a newbie, so my questions just need a little tweaking as I am a not familiar with every location that is becoming available to me for my trip in August, In addition to the one unit that I have a read on, 4900 Libertador, the unit is on the 9th floor, but the whole unit faces the main street. When I lived in Chicago I could hear the street from the 37th, and this street in non stop. So we move on as it still is a nice unit.

The other choices are 2200 Castex which I believe is in Palermo Chico. Any comments on this location? I know it is nice near the parks, but 1000 sq for a 2 bedroom, makes each room a little small, no?

The other one just popped up, on Ortega why Gasset and Soldado de la Independencia in Las Canitas, but this 2nd floor unit in on this street which appears to be the first street that leads out of Baez and the main area. Do not have a read on this area. I know this IS a main city, but I have been fortunate in finding quite zones.

Has anyone rented from Buenos Iares Housing, Beatriz before? So far Reynolds has answered all my emails, and perhaps as I might be getting hosed a little, the comfort in knowing someone will be there is always worth it.

My nice small unit on Beruti and Oro is available for $50 per, but it is a tad small.

I promise to get back to the main issues of the board after this is resolved hopefully soon. Thanking you in advance.

I attached a foto of Camerron who has retired and who was an absolute fantasy come true last trip. She will be irreplaceable! Soy triste.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cammeron18.jpg‎  

I've rented from Reynolds three times and didn't have any problems. I've found the prices competitive with anything else I've seen for short-term rentals.

The only way I've found to avoid a cash deposit is to rent with Roxana or Jackson.

Posting Limitations