Thread: Renting Apartments

+ Submit Report
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
This blog is moderated by Porthos66
    I never had a problem with Reynolds and I rented from them twice, though both times were over a year ago. If you get checked in by Rafael, he is a decent guy. I do agree with Thomaso that they might be a little pricey. But at this point, who ain't? Again, good luck.

That particular area is PRIME real estate. Quartier ( Quartier Libertador ) is building a wonderful tower on that same block. You get views of the race track and hipodromo and depending on where your window is facing you could also get a great view of all the beautiful parks in the area.

That particular area is Palermo / Las Canitas/ La Imprenta, take your pick, and it can be noisy but on the 9th floor you should be alright. You will be right down the street from all the great Las Canitas restaurants and also the Jumbo supermarket and mall, Also Sinclair restaurant is just a few blocks away. And Recoleta is about a 7 minute taxi ride away.

It definitely isn't "center" Buenos Aires, but for the type of trip you are describing it is definitely one of the nicest priciest locations in all of Buenos Aires.

I don't know about Reynolds except that Exon has peddled them in the past, Though I am sure they won't take travelers checks unless previously agreed. If you are worried about the noise, you might look at something just off of Libertador, much quieter and just as picturesque.

Bad

In 2002 I rented my first apartment in BA from Reynolds. Never used them again! Pricey and a little sneaky when it came to their commission. When that apartment came up for renewal and I decided to move I checked with them but found their prices were truly foreigner specials.

When I was looking to buy I checked their website and found their asking prices to be way out of line. Definitely geared towards the inexperienced foreigner who would believe everything they say.
    Last edited by Thomaso276; 06-27-07 at 17:07. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Hound
    Cash Amex t-checks at the Amex office at Plaza San Martin.
    Give yourself plenty of time! I must have waited at least an hour to cash some AX t-checks in (I think) February.

Bob

Reynolds

This is one take on Reynolds:

http://www.travelersdigest.com/reynolds_advisory.htm

Cash Amex t-checks at the Amex office at Plaza San Martin.

Reynolds

Reynolds will reserve with a credit card but they want cash when you move in.

Better check with them about traveler's checks. Also, I don't think that the 9th floor will be much of a shield against traffic noise if you are facing the street.

Thanks

I assume your experience with them was adequate. As we all know the last thing you want is to be standing on the sidewalk, looking for someone? I really appreciate your commments and taking the time to respond.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Master J
    So I am planning a trip for September (#(9) and am opting for this unit from Reynolds, first time, on Libertador 4900, which is a bit of a new area for me. Can anyone tell me if Libertador, even on the ninth floor will seem like a grand prix? From the fotos it seems like the balcony faces the golf course and there is one of the traffic cirlces? I am renting here because the unit is over 1,000 sq and is a 2 bedroom. It appears as if it more belgrano or Las Canistas, then Palermo, but it seems close enough? My plan is to have some company stay with me for part of the time, so I may need the space? Ex and 2 kids, sounds like a great time, no?

Reynold by the way is asking for the 2 week rental (1200 + deposit all in cash. I hate to travel with that much on me, so I will offer travelers Checks. Anyone have a particularly bad experience, can it be with the owner or the agency? They probalby will bark over the American Express checks?

I rented 6 times and because the same person knew me the deposit was 250 or 300. Any thoughts on this location or any lead. I usually like top notch digs. I can stay in my 500sq for half the money, and have it to play, but it always seems a little tight. Thanks.
    I rented from Reynolds twice in the past and they always wanted cash. I would clear anything other than hard cash with them beforehand to save yourself a problem. Seems to me that I reserved the place with a credit card deposit before getting to BA. Depending on how much money you could use as a reservation, you could limit the amount of cash carried. Yes, I think Libertador 4900 is a ways out, past the zoo. Somebody else might have more specifics about location. I would guess the 9th floor would solve any traffic noise issues. My guess is that you might have a real nice view. Suerte.

Rental Question

So I am planning a trip for September (#(9) and am opting for this unit from Reynolds, first time, on Libertador 4900, which is a bit of a new area for me. Can anyone tell me if Libertador, even on the ninth floor will seem like a grand prix? From the fotos it seems like the balcony faces the golf course and there is one of the traffic cirlces? I am renting here because the unit is over 1,000 sq and is a 2 bedroom. It appears as if it more Belgrano or Las Canistas, then Palermo, but it seems close enough? My plan is to have some company stay with me for part of the time, so I may need the space? Ex and 2 kids, sounds like a great time, no?

Reynolds by the way is asking for the 2 week rental (1200 + deposit all in cash. I hate to travel with that much on me, so I will offer travelers Checks. Anyone have a particularly bad experience, can it be with the owner or the agency? They probalby will bark over the American Express checks?

I rented 6 times and because the same person knew me the deposit was 250 or 300. Any thoughts on this location or any lead. I usually like top notch digs. I can stay in my 500sq for half the money, and have it to play, but it always seems a little tight.

Thanks.

4800 Libertador

The restaurant Kansas is on the 4800 block of Del Libertador so the apt would be directly across the street. No collectivo service along this stretch--good for noise quality, bad for tranportation needs. Short walk to the Las Canitas and all it offers.

Palermo Location 4800

I usually stay in a 1 bedroom near Godoy Cruz and Beruti. Nice building, quiet bedroom. Quiet street. Only drawback is the 24 security and the size.400sq. I saw a rental in Palermo on Reynolds page for the 4800 block of Libertador. I had stayed on Oro and Libertador and although the apartment was great, the Grand Prix from the street can be 24 hrs. Is this location perhaps any better being a tad further north? A two bedroom for $710 seems ok, no? Anyone have a real good agent for Palermo, I dearly miss Mayra.

Call Ezequiel Lopez 155-569-6081 from LivinginBaires (argentinatravelnet. Com)

They have nice place for long term rent. For 9,000usd you could look at buying I had offers for apartment for 37,000 usd cash down plus 60 quotas and the place is yours if you want to sell it after awhile. But not the place I would move with a girlfriend she would not last long.

Quote Originally Posted by Master J
    I usually stay in Palermo but my apartment at Beruti and Godoy cruz will not be available until later in May. I have a unit reserved in Palermo Hollywood, Godoy Cruz and Gorritti. Seems to be ahouse, but there are parts of Plaermo Hollywood that do feel like Soho safe. A little deserted. Any comments would be appreciated or if know of a reliable agent. I miss Mayra.
    In my opinion Godoy Cruz is Godoy Cruz. It looks like a bomb fell on BA over there and it is "tranny central" but maybe that's what you are looking for. There are a set of train tracks there at Godoy Cruz that form a physical barrier making it necessary to walk to Santa Fe in order to cross over to the rest of Palermo. These tracks are bordered by warehouses (some of which are abandoned) and the area looks desolate during the day. I can only image how it is at night. Having said that, there are some great restaurants on Gorriti over by Fitz Roy. Without seeing the place I would say that it would be difficult for me to make a decision but IMHO Godoy Cruz and Gorrito is "skid row" Palermo style.

Information Location

I usually stay in Palermo but my apartment at Beruti and Godoy Cruz will not be available until later in May. I have a unit reserved in Palermo Hollywood, Godoy Cruz and Gorritti. Seems to be ahouse, but there are parts of Plaermo Hollywood that do feel like Soho safe. A little deserted. Any comments would be appreciated or if know of a reliable agent. I miss Mayra.

I agree to Doggyboy:

This is usual, because, in Buenos Aires a guarantee is required, this is a person who commit his property to be sold in case any problem with the rented property happens. The reason is the law is very permissive with tenants (this tendency it's often called "garantismo") So basically no one wants to have a place occupied and be responsable for paying building expenses and taxes with a guest living there and hard to remove when no influences nor knowledge about procedures on the lanlord or landlord's advisors.

Unfurnished apartments as stated by Doggyboy are really unfurnished, and also does not includes any utilities.

Also, the minimal term is 2 years of lease, so 1 year it's considered as a short term rental, in fact you may not legally sign a contract for 1 year, you should sign 2 contracts for 6 months each one, and that is legal.

Electronics, as microwave oven, refrigerator are much more expensive in Argentina than in the US.

Finally, you say in NY that does not happens (to you) but when you don't have a social security # landlords may require up to 1 year of deposit depiste eviction laws are more to the side of the landlord. Not to menction that even a motorhome rental could cost twice than a luxury apartment in Buenos Aires.

My advise it's to you find a deal in BARTS www.barts.com.ar for a nice apartment for one year for a furnished apartment.

Posting Limitations