Thread: Renting Apartments

+ Submit Report
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
This blog is moderated by Porthos66
    P66,

There is alot of info in this forum about renting apartments, you might want to take a look. Your situation is different however from most in that you are looking for 1. Unfurnished and 2. A long term lease. Not impossible to find, but takes more doing, and made more difficult in that you are not here. With enough leg work you can find a place without a "guarantia", and while you may have to pony up a few months rent in advance, it won't be the absurd amount you were quoted by whatever ripoff cocksucker you were dealing with. Also, remember that most unfurnished apartments are very unfurnished. That is, you will likely have to buy a refrigerator, and in some cases I have seen, a stove. Makes the whole undertaking more expensive, and more of a pain in the ass. Unless you are moving down with a ton of stuff, you might be better served to rent a furnished place short term, and look for a longer term situation once you get here. That would be much easier, but even so, finding long term rentals here is not as easy as you would think. Alot of factors in play. The market here for expats is very much tailored for the short termers.

Suerte

Renting Apartments

Hi Guys,

Me and my girlfriend are looking to rent a place unfurnished for a year. We have been running into a few problems though. First off they want a cosigner from BA that makes $2000 pesos a month. Well since I am not from BA I don't have anyone to sign for me. The other problem is that if I can't find one they want $9000 US dollars as a deposit for a $400 dollar a month apartment which is insane. I live in NYC and have never seen anything like that.

Does anyone have any suggestions or places I might go to find a place?

Thanks,

Greg

Posting Limitations