Thread: Airport Taxi Services

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Bus

The cheapest way to the City.

http://www.tiendaleon.com/resultados/busqueda/bus/

Quote Originally Posted by Tres3  [View Original Post]
    Tienda Leon was always cheaper than a taxi, but I do not think it was ever as cheap as you indicate in your post. The rates change frequently, and I suggest that you check Internet pages just before you leave.

Tres3.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhot  [View Original Post]
    I offer transportation from Ezeiza to the Downtown area for $ 1000.
    Are you still doing this service?

Quote Originally Posted by Tres3  [View Original Post]
    Tienda Leon was always cheaper than a taxi, but I do not think it was ever as cheap as you indicate in your post. The rates change frequently, and I suggest that you check Internet pages just before you leave.

Tres3.
    Maybe it was closer to $10. I remember it was much much cheaper than a remis. Uber was great last time I was there but it sounds like that may be a thing of the past. Clearly, the best deal seems to be riding into town with Gy. ;-).

I offer transportation from Ezeiza to the Downtown area for $ 1000.

Tienda Leon

Quote Originally Posted by Mamboson  [View Original Post]
    Isn't Tienda Leon still $5-6 USD including transfer to your hotel?

Tres3.

Quote Originally Posted by VegasVic  [View Original Post]
    Just got the current (as of November 2018) pricing for a taxi from EZE to downtown/el centro.

- TaxiEzeiza: 1090 ARS or 32 USD.
    - World Car: 1250 ARS.

Both are total costs including tolls; Pay in cash, not sure if credit cards are accepted; Reservation recommended.
    Isn't Tienda Leon still $5-6 USD including transfer to your hotel?

Airport Taxi Cost

Just got the current (as of November 2018) pricing for a taxi from EZE to downtown/el centro.

- TaxiEzeiza: 1090 ARS or 32 USD.
    - World Car: 1250 ARS.

Both are total costs including tolls; Pay in cash, not sure if credit cards are accepted; Reservation recommended.

Taxi Ezeiza

Taxi Ezeiza is now a flat 450 pesos from the international airport EZE into town (the return trip is less at 350p, though most taxis will honor this flat rate TO EZE). This is usually my first choice as I do not like to arrange airport pickup in advance. Taxi Ezeiza has a booth as you exit customs. Beware that the guy who grabs your bag and takes you outside to your taxi is quite aggressive in demanding a good tip. He wants/takes dollars and preys on you being tired and a bit disoriented from a long overnight flight.

Shuttle

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsman  [View Original Post]
    The Manuel Tienda Leon (MTL) bus will drop you off at the Terminal Madero in Retiro. They offer a shuttle from Terminal Madero to your hotel for a small fee. The problem with that is you might have to wait for a few minutes for the shuttle. You'll be in the shuttle with few other people and they might might made a few stops before reaching your hotel. The alternative is just take a taxi from there. It's only one or two km away. Keep in mind the Sheraton Hotel you probably will notice a block away from Terminal Madero in not your hotel. That is Sheraton Hotel Convention Center. Sheraton Libertador is on Cordoba and Maipu.

On the return, trying to get the MTL shuttle from the hotel to Terminal Madero can be a pain. I suggest just get a taxi to Terminal Madero.
    Will they shuttle you to an apartment or only a hotel?

My apartment this time is only 6 or 7 blocks from the terminal so I could walk if I feel ambitious.

Don B.

Quote Originally Posted by Riina  [View Original Post]
    Thanks guys for the information. As a solo traveler, I'm going with the bus. Seems a good first step "to do as the locals" and it's cheaper and probably safer than traveling with a stranger that knows your holding lots of cash. Since it's my first trip to BA, I'm playing it safe and staying at the Sheraton Libertador next week.
    The Manuel Tienda Leon (MTL) bus will drop you off at the Terminal Madero in Retiro. They offer a shuttle from Terminal Madero to your hotel for a small fee. The problem with that is you might have to wait for a few minutes for the shuttle. You'll be in the shuttle with few other people and they might might made a few stops before reaching your hotel. The alternative is just take a taxi from there. It's only one or two km away. Keep in mind the Sheraton Hotel you probably will notice a block away from Terminal Madero in not your hotel. That is Sheraton Hotel Convention Center. Sheraton Libertador is on Cordoba and Maipu.

On the return, trying to get the MTL shuttle from the hotel to Terminal Madero can be a pain. I suggest just get a taxi to Terminal Madero.

Thanks guys for the information. As a solo traveler, I'm going with the bus. Seems a good first step "to do as the locals" and it's cheaper and probably safer than traveling with a stranger that knows your holding lots of cash. Since it's my first trip to BA, I'm playing it safe and staying at the Sheraton Libertador next week.

I took Taxi Ezeiza earlier in the week and it was a flat 400 pesos to Recoleta.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumblingdice  [View Original Post]
    The cost of TaxiEzeiza or one from outside is not much difference really. Since a few weeks ago cost of TaxiEzeiza was 400 p. Whereas what I tend to do now is walk through into the.

Adjoining departures hall and out through the front door of that hall. I simply wait a minute or two for a taxi that has just dropped off somebody else. Cost is usually 300-350 p. The main difference is that you do not have to hang around waiting for the obligatory luggage boy as with TaxiEz, who you will HAVE to tip also. So a saving of up to 100 p + whatever tip you gave. Both fares should be INCLUSIVE of the 2 toll charges on the way to town. Make sure it does. Some degree of Spanish helps.
    If you carrying 10000 USD on your arrival to BA it makes sense to spend 40-50 USD on the safe taxi ezeiza or "transfer express" (which I usually use) to come back to your hotel safely with 10 k than trying to hail a cab on the street on your first visit here.

Try Manuel Tienda Leon

Hi guys,

I finally booked my trip to BA next week. I'm confused. I just read this newly posted tourist article and it mentions EZE taxi's. Here's the paragraph:

"When you arrive at Ezeiza International, the regular metered taxis lined up outside the terminal cost less than the fixed-priced "official" Taxiezeiza inside the terminal, though you will be told otherwise. Charge will be 300-350 vs. 400 pesos into town; 250-300 vs. 350 coming back. (The return is less expensive as there are no government airport fees.) You can change some money before you leave for Argentina at a currency exchange office similar to Peoples Foreign Exchange in New York (212-883-0550) whose rates are far better than any major bank, or at Banco de la Naciand within Ezeiza Airport. Only at Banco de la Naciand. If you don't have pesos, Taxiezeiza will accept dollars (though at a higher fee) and plan to change money as soon as you arrive in town. Your hotel will tell you where. This is one time you should leave home with a lot of cash. ".

The article states regular metered taxis are cheaper than taxiezeiza and kind of implies it is the better option. I remember reading here that taxi ezeiza was the recommended transport and to avoid the taxi guys outside the terminal. Could someone please confirm the better option.

Here's the link to the article.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bonnie...b_6829198.html
    A lot of Bullshit to save about $8. 00 dollars. Maybe?

DO NOT EXCHANGE in the USA or at the AIRPORT or pay in DOLLARS!

Your Wonder Bank may give you 8. 60 to 1 .

It's almost 13 to 1 here.

If you must, bring 500 Argentine pieces of Toilet Paper that they call Pesos.

Just enough to pay for the cab.

Manuel Tienda Leon will shuttle you to your destination for about 140 pesos.

Cool, comfortable, large and safe!

They have a website.

http://www.tiendaleon.com/resultados/busqueda/bus/ezeiza/

Book your hotel with a credit card and pay your bill in Pesos at 13 to 1 !

Don't stay in Palermo if you like Hooking.

Too far for the Chicas. They complain.

When are you arriving and do you know where you are going to stay?

Take Care,

TL.

Of course you could have "The Beast" pick you up at the airport in a limo with champagne and kisses instead!

Airport transfer.

Hi guys,

I finally booked my trip to BA next week. I'm confused. I just read this newly posted tourist article and it mentions EZE taxi's. Here's the paragraph:

"When you arrive at Ezeiza International, the regular metered taxis lined up outside the terminal cost less than the fixed-priced "official" Taxiezeiza inside the terminal, though you will be told otherwise. Charge will be 300-350 vs. 400 pesos into town; 250-300 vs. 350 coming back. (The return is less expensive as there are no government airport fees.) You can change some money before you leave for Argentina at a currency exchange office similar to Peoples Foreign Exchange in New York (212-883-0550) whose rates are far better than any major bank, or at Banco de la Naciand within Ezeiza Airport. Only at Banco de la Naciand. If you don't have pesos, Taxiezeiza will accept dollars (though at a higher fee) and plan to change money as soon as you arrive in town. Your hotel will tell you where. This is one time you should leave home with a lot of cash. ".

The article states regular metered taxis are cheaper than taxiezeiza and kind of implies it is the better option. I remember reading here that taxi ezeiza was the recommended transport and to avoid the taxi guys outside the terminal. Could someone please confirm the better option.

Here's the link to the article.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bonnie...b_6829198.html
    The cost of TaxiEzeiza or one from outside is not much difference really. Since a few weeks ago cost of TaxiEzeiza was 400 p. Whereas what I tend to do now is walk through into the.

Adjoining departures hall and out through the front door of that hall. I simply wait a minute or two for a taxi that has just dropped off somebody else. Cost is usually 300-350 p. The main difference is that you do not have to hang around waiting for the obligatory luggage boy as with TaxiEz, who you will HAVE to tip also. So a saving of up to 100 p + whatever tip you gave. Both fares should be INCLUSIVE of the 2 toll charges on the way to town. Make sure it does. Some degree of Spanish helps.

Posting Limitations