Thread: Airport Taxi Services

+ Submit Report
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggboy  [View Original Post]
    Ignored the "organization" last night and latched on to a cabbie dropping somebody off. 130p to Recoleta.
    About 10 days ago, paid 100 p from the airport to Palermo. (It was in the afternoon though). I didn't have much luggage and I just hailed a taxi on the road outside the airport.

If I have luggage, will probably go for Ezeiza taxi for 150 P.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggboy  [View Original Post]
    Ignored the "organization" last night and latched on to a cabbie dropping somebody off. 130p to Recoleta.
    I did a drop off last night, would have loved to take you back instead of going home empty.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

Taxi Ezeiza

Used Taxi Ezeiza as well, easy reservations online. 150p with sign pickup at kiosk right in front of immigration exit gate.

Taxi Ezeiza is now 150.

I am travelling with about 15k in goods and like the safety that Taxt Ezeiza offers, but it makes me even more determined to not take cabs anymore other than to Ezeiza.

Wait a few months and Fred's taxi be a bargain.

Great advice. I'll try this next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie D  [View Original Post]
    One can easily pay the standard fare of 120. 130 pesos for a ride from Eze to Reco but I prefer to grab my bags and head to the departures area. I wait for a cab to drop someone off and them ask how much. Plus you can take a look at the meter and see how much was on it. If he gives a large number, I offer a flat rate without the meter (speaking Spanish helps). Last week I got one for 90. I could have said 80, but I had not been to BA for 3 years so I offered 90. I figure thats a fair deal from both. He accepted the offer.

Catch a taxi at departures

One can easily pay the standard fare of 120. 130 pesos for a ride from Eze to Reco but I prefer to grab my bags and head to the departures area. I wait for a cab to drop someone off and them ask how much. Plus you can take a look at the meter and see how much was on it. If he gives a large number, I offer a flat rate without the meter (speaking Spanish helps). Last week I got one for 90. I could have said 80, but I had not been to BA for 3 years so I offered 90. I figure thats a fair deal from both. He accepted the offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Miami Bob  [View Original Post]
    Check the website link below in my last post. I paid 120 pesos on 12/8 recoleta to eze. Called 2 other car services who wanted more. I had two large check-in bags and two carry-on's. This is too much stuff to flag down a strage cab in the street to save 15 to 20 pesos.
    Silver Star is good but too EXPENSIVE! I can save the extra and have a session.

Checkmark Rates went up again w / taxi eze

Check the website link below in my last post. I paid 120 pesos on 12/8 recoleta to eze. Called 2 other car services who wanted more. I had two large check-in bags and two carry-on's. This is too much stuff to flag down a strage cab in the street to save 15 to 20 pesos.

Taxi Eze current rates 11/18/2010 130pesos / 98pesos

http://www.taxiezeiza.com.ar/tarifas.html

Best of luck.

Travel with Fred if you want or need the space and ultra reliability. This might be quite valuable for a first time visitor without spanish nor local knowledge.

Taxi eze is the next best-their stand is past the other car services.

If you know your way around and are traveling fairly lite, grab a cab at the departures. You can negotiate a great rate. Ask for 80 pesos-it's better than the taxi returning to the city empty

Quote Originally Posted by DosLuna
    Just arrived and too tired to time my luck at the departure area for a radio taxi, so went over to Taxi Ezeiza where I was quoted $78AR to Recoleta. At this rate of inflation relative to last months rate quoted for Jackson, the rate of inflation is accelerating to the point that in 3 months time, the price will be over $100AR.
    Just an update on Taxi EZE, the current fare from EZE to Centro is $128AR.

Inflation here is out of control.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

For those who want the best in BsAs Airport Transfers

Fred--you are 280 pesos--too much

Taxi ezeiza is a good reliable car service. The also have sport utilities and van-like vehicles sitting in a staging area on the airport premises. At their counter if you request a larger vehicle, you can have one if you wait an extra 5 minutes for them to move it over a few hundred yards.

If pretending that it is the USA is important or you will use a different car service and need two cabs, then Fred might make sense. When I arrive in ba, I want to be in Argentina.

If you are more comfortable in a North American car with a guy who speaks english, fork over the loot and Fred is there as a great choice. He will help you with money exchange and as a member here will never lead you in the wrong direction with local advise and knowledge--this can be worth it's wait in gold for a first timer with no spanish and a large group. For most, the extra 150+ pesos is better spent on one hour with one of TL's girls or a good message with a happy ending.

Taxi Ezeiza is more expensive than flagging down a street cab. The few times that I traveled very light, I have flagged down a strreet taxi at the departure area w / o any problems of any type. I usually have more baggage than I can comfortably move and protect myself and Taxi Ezeiza is 99.999999% reliable--professional and honest drivers who will help with luggage and wait if necessary and be very happy for extra service with a 10 pesos tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Harders
    Mongers,

Taxi rates by the meter are still $3.80 AR to drop the flag and $.38 AR every 200 meters of travel. Over the past six months, inflation has ground down to reasonable levels as tourism has tanked and domestic spending has also gone down sharply. However, as the June elections near, expect a sharp increase in government spending as a vote buying measure and the expected increase in inflation that goes along with it. In addition, the unions have mandated a salary increase for restaurant employees of 30% which will take place in July; for obvious reasons, expect a jump in restaurant prices at that time.

Suerte,

Rock Harders
    Rock Harders.

You called that one right, inflation has been kicking my ass here. When I started SilverStar Premium Car service in March 09, parking at EZE was 8 pesos an hr, now it is 13! Over 50% in a year and a 1/2, and gas went from 2.79 pesos a liter to close to 4! So again, good call on the inflation!

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

Executive Car Service in BsAs in English

Yes, definitely not luxury, but it did the trick

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Star
    For a tiny Argentine car, that probably doesn't meet US Safety standards (ie no airbag, etc) speaks little to no English, and can't comfortably handle a group of 4 with luggage.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokersRule
    Taxi Ezeiza $118 to Centro, $88 on the return
    For a tiny Argentine car, that probably doesn't meet US Safety standards (ie no airbag, etc), speaks little to no English, and can't comfortably handle a group of 4 with luggage.

Posting Limitations